JacK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Greetings,

I talked to two dealers with in 10 miles in Northern California. One said Ford does not have orders open , and one said come in and we will take your order.

What have you done and what is the typical practice? Have you just built one online and sent it to the dealership of your choice?

Thanks in advance
(Sold my Rubicon to buy a Bronco)
Sponsored

Bonnie6G

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands LuxSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Oh, my sweet summer child…. You picked a bad time to get in. Orders are closed until the 2023 order window opens up late this year. If you want a bronco before mid 2023, you’ll have to buy one off a lot somewhere and pay a markup.

jasonam22

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition, BMW
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Order banks have been closed since March 7th. 2022 MY orders are done. 2023 order banks are supposed to open in the fall, Octoberish I believe.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not trying to be facetious, it really depends on if you believe Ford or a dealer. It is a race to the bottom on both of them on this launch. Best consensus is that Ford is not taking retail orders at this time. It is not entirely clear if that means all orders, opinions will vary. Again, best guess is that the first dealer is correct and they cannot put in an order and the second dealer might just sit on your order until they open up the order banks again in the Fall.

OP
OP
DropkickJacks

DropkickJacks

First Name
JacK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Thank you all for the participation in this glorious post !

Sponsored

MyBroncoNotYours

Badlands
First Name
Good Try FBI
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not trying to be facetious, it really depends on if you believe Ford or a dealer. It is a race to the bottom on both of them on this launch. Best consensus is that Ford is not taking retail orders at this time. It is not entirely clear if that means all orders, opinions will vary. Again, best guess is that the first dealer is correct and they cannot put in an order and the second dealer might just sit on your order until they open up the order banks again in the Fall.
This is what I believe the second dealer is doing - they’ll sit on it until the banks open.

mybikeisred

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 Powerstroke, Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Bad timing. Should have held on to the Rubicon. Do you need another car right away, or was the Rubicon a weekender?

I have been hearing about more dealers selling for lower markups lately, but they get snapped up really fast. Good luck, hope you find something.

OP
OP
DropkickJacks

DropkickJacks

First Name
JacK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Bad timing. Should have held on to the Rubicon. Do you need another car right away, or was the Rubicon a weekender?

I have been hearing about more dealers selling for lower markups lately, but they get snapped up really fast. Good luck, hope you find something.
Yah it was an extra vehicle, and I got top dollar 🤑. Great timing for me

RapidResponder

Raptor
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500 CFTP, 2019 F150 Harley Davidson
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
This is what I believe the second dealer is doing - they’ll sit on it until the banks open.
Affirmative. This is called "selling air", similar to taking an order of a limited production vehicle with no allocation. A reputable dealership would not do this unless the customer was fully informed.

Sponsored

Peppington

Outer Banks
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Affirmative. This is called "selling air", similar to taking an order of a limited production vehicle with no allocation. A reputable dealership would not do this unless the customer was fully informed.
I feel like my dealer did this with my Raptor order. I was able to “put an order in” several weeks after the initial GT allocations. I even got an email of order confirmation from FORD. I just find it slightly suspicious that they could do it and when I asked about allocation he just mentioned they can still submit orders

RapidResponder

Raptor
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I feel like my dealer did this with my Raptor order. I was able to “put an order in” several weeks after the initial GT allocations. I even got an email of order confirmation from FORD. I just find it slightly suspicious that they could do it and when I asked about allocation he just mentioned they can still submit orders
My understanding is that all 2022 Bronco Raptor Scheduled Orders are either VIP, GT, or dropped GT Allocations. Ford stated any dropped GT Allocations should go to another pending GT Holder, but this may not always be the case as seen with non-GT Orders being made. This could be due to no additional GT Orders pending at a particular dealership.

Fact is the 2022 Bronco Raptor Order Bank is now closed.

Peppington

Outer Banks
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My understanding is that all 2022 Bronco Raptor Scheduled Orders are either VIP, GT, or dropped GT Allocations. Ford stated any dropped GT Allocations should go to another pending GT Holder, but this may not always be the case as seen with non-GT Orders being made. Fact is the 2022 Bronco Raptor Order Bank is now closed.
I’m guessing I’m ok then. I got an email saying it was confirmed by FORD and I have an unscheduled clean order with a 19 priority code

RapidResponder

Raptor
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I’m guessing I’m ok then. I got an email saying it was confirmed by FORD and I have an unscheduled clean order with a 19 priority code
Especially with Limited Production Vehicles, there is a significant difference between Confirmed/Unscheduled Clean and Sent For Production. Ask your dealer to review the current DORA/Vehicle Visibility Report and to provide you with an objective forecast of your order through the 2022 Production Year.

OP
OP
DropkickJacks

DropkickJacks

First Name
JacK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Order banks have been closed since March 7th. 2022 MY orders are done. 2023 order banks are supposed to open in the fall, Octoberish I believe.
[/QUOTEink that is for all Bronco

That is for all Broncos right? Or Just Raptor?
(For clarification)
Sponsored