Stereo interface

Jmax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Well, I got my bronco back after a month of waiting for a paint pen… decided to plug my iPhone (13 or something like that) in as I have heard better interfacing vs air sync. Well, not so much. Every time I push a button (play list, tittle, etc) it will skip to the next track. What a mess!!!! I can’t believe ford landed on this platform/OS knowing how many people use apple!!!
Sponsored

Rex21c

Wildtrak
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 fusion energi
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

odd, I don't have any issues with my iphone besides music randomly stopping, which i believe is my phone's issue. At the cost of sounding like an IT person, (which I am) have you tried turning the phone completely off and back on? There is the option to "Offload App" in the General/Iphone storage area that was my next troubleshooting, but my problem stopped...so far, after I downloaded all my music and rebooted the phone.

May want to see if there are any updates for the Bronco. There could have been a fix for the issue.

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well, I got my bronco back after a month of waiting for a paint pen… decided to plug my iPhone (13 or something like that) in as I have heard better interfacing vs air sync. Well, not so much. Every time I push a button (play list, tittle, etc) it will skip to the next track. What a mess!!!! I can’t believe ford landed on this platform/OS knowing how many people use apple!!!
That’s definitely a bummer. I won’t say the interface is perfect, but I run my phone through my Bronco constantly, both wired and Bluetooth, with vary infrequent issues. As others mentioned, maybe a hard restart or delete and re-connect via both wired and wireless airplay?

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Carplay definitely isn’t perfect, but this isn’t normal. Restart your phone and hard reboot sync usually fixes these type issues.

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a iPhone for work and a android for personal. iPhone is a pain for car play. Android on the other hand is like a whole new interface. So many options compared to the iPhone.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Jmax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Yep, I’ve tried it all. I have done a hard reboot, wiped the phone, deleted the app. So frustrating! I don’t dare to bring it in, they may have my bronco for a year!

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
CarPlay on our 5 iPhones works flawlessly in our 4 other vehicles(all different brands and model years range from 2014-2018) and is sometimes glitchy in the Bronco when wired and better when using Carplay through Bluetooth.

Sounds like you have a problem with the Ford software that the dealer needs to fix. We’ve needed two dealer installed software updates in the 4 years of owning our Range Rover to keep Carplay working smoothly.

Last edited:

Havoc1

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 F250, 20 Accord Sport, 21 HD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yep, I’ve tried it all. I have done a hard reboot, wiped the phone, deleted the app. So frustrating! I don’t dare to bring it in, they may have my bronco for a year!
If it is that bad, and you can duplicate it every time then the dealer will either, reset it, try uploading the sync software again or replace the APIM all together. We have to do it in that order and fail the APIM with IDS in order for warranty to approve it.

MannyG20

Badlands
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Car Play for me works great. I have had the Bronco for 2 months and have not had a single issue with Car Play.

OP
OP

Jmax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Car Play for me works great. I have had the Bronco for 2 months and have not had a single issue with Car Play.
While driving try pushing play list, mine says most recent but in fact it is the opposite, play lists I virtually never listen to. Does yours do that?

Sponsored

orion

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' F-250, 17' Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Have you rebooted SYNC? Hold next (->), and the power button at the same time until your SYNC screen shuts off.

Murph914

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 F-350 reg cab srw v10 manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mine works pretty well. If you turn wifi off it can help if something is acting up and plug it in with the usb-c. If you have a video or something paused in a browser it will raise hell too. Close other programs like chrome and safari. You can try your phone on another car at the dealer to see if it’s your phone.
Sponsored