First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I cant fathom why anyone would even want to do that. Evidently I dont think outside the box.

Sponsored

Coldsmoke

Badlands
First Name
Knuckles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I dunno I think there are a bunch of smart people on here.... Who have done research and have seen the Bronco in person, the chassis, and analyzed it. I also think there are people on here with companies making accessories, that have early access to CAD and have already developed parts. For example all the parts that were on display at the Easter rally from RTR Vehicles, ARB 4x4 Accessories, and 4 Wheel Parts.

I guess you feel all the team members in those companies and the fans on this site are just idiots.

Ford Bronco STRUCTURAL (What is) rs-grille-to-show-customization-potential-157076_1
Sure, maybe there are reps from a company or two who have early access to CAD drawings so they can design aftermarket products for the Bronco and I'm sure they didn't sign any non-disclosure agreements and want to divulge all the gory details of their new found knowledge..... on a social media forum and not through their product offerings.
Assuming I buy into that, I just want to see how you're gonna identify them from all those who offer their "educated opinion".

You don't know me nor do you know what my background is.. Maybe I'm one of those who have an engineering degree and have the CAD drawings. You don't know. But here's one thing I know:
Ford would not have spent all that money to design that roll cage, add the extra weight to the Bronco design, and then incur all the cost to produce it as a part of the bronco body if it wasn't needed or add some inherent integrity to the vehicle.
I am pretty sure they didn't do it for shits and giggles.

So having said that, the only people whom I suspect may be a sandwich short of a picnic are those who plan to cut apart a $50k plus vehicle before they (or anyone) have taken delivery , and are making their plans based on soliciting input from an unknown group of enthusiasts on a social media forum.
But, hey, please... go for it. I just find it, well... .amusing and a bit comical. :D
Ford Bronco STRUCTURAL (What is) 1617657691169

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My 25 year old self would say “absolutely”... I lived by the motto “if you can dream it, I can build it” for many years. And I did build many many things that lots of folks couldn’t/ wouldn’t understand the why or the how of. Some things that several before me failed at... however, 25 years later I catch myself doubting things. Seems I’ve gotten too old to WANT to work that hard just to prove a point... or maybe a bit too complacent.

KANE COUNTY ILLINOIS

Big Bend
First Name
SAL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC YUKON
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
@Lorenzo since the Bronco roll cage is made of hardened boron steel and is part of the structure, as seen in this B-Pillar photo below, to recreate this topless photoshop model means you will loose the structural rigidity, inherent in the design, other links included from a search on the subject.

That horrendous "sport" bar and b pillar on the 2 door.

Bronco Roll Bar Strength

Removeable Roll Cage

Bronco parts at factory
The top picture of the roll cage removed on the Bronco reminds me of my brother's International Scout years and years ago!! I would love to have the roll bars removed, but I believe too many other components rely on them, like the hard top and window seals! I thought I remember seeing that Ford had a patent for a removable roll cage, right?

OP
OP
Lorenzo

Lorenzo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My 25 year old self would say “absolutely”... I lived by the motto “if you can dream it, I can build it” for many years. And I did build many many things that lots of folks couldn’t/ wouldn’t understand the why or the how of. Some things that several before me failed at... however, 25 years later I catch myself doubting things. Seems I’ve gotten too old to WANT to work that hard just to prove a point... or maybe a bit too complacent.
I feel the same. I find myself having to rationalize everything now around this hobby, and all the while cursing the kids with the loud exhaust.
Sad I feel my dreaming days and taking action on out of the box projects is....over.
That said I sure like to see others doing it. I cant wait to see what radical things someone does to a Bronco in the near future.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

The top picture of the roll cage removed on the Bronco reminds me of my brother's International Scout years and years ago!! I would love to have the roll bars removed, but I believe too many other components rely on them, like the hard top and window seals! I thought I remember seeing that Ford had a patent for a removable roll cage, right?
Correct

New Ford Bronco Patent Shows Strength Of The Removable Roof

Ford Bronco patent for removable roll cage!?

Ford-Bronco-Roof-Patnet-Dec-5-001-1024x550.jpg

Sponsored
OP
OP
Lorenzo

Lorenzo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sure, maybe there are reps from a company or two who have early access to CAD drawings so they can design aftermarket products for the Bronco and I'm sure they didn't sign any non-disclosure agreements and want to divulge all the gory details of their new found knowledge..... on a social media forum and not through their product offerings.
Assuming I buy into that, I just want to see how you're gonna identify them from all those who offer their "educated opinion".

You don't know me nor do you know what my background is.. Maybe I'm one of those who have an engineering degree and have the CAD drawings. You don't know. But here's one thing I know:
Ford would not have spent all that money to design that roll cage, add the extra weight to the Bronco design, and then incur all the cost to produce it as a part of the bronco body if it wasn't needed or add some inherent integrity to the vehicle.
I am pretty sure they didn't do it for shits and giggles.

So having said that, the only people whom I suspect may be a sandwich short of a picnic are those who plan to cut apart a $50k plus vehicle before they (or anyone) have taken delivery , and are making their plans based on soliciting input from an unknown group of enthusiasts on a social media forum.
But, hey, please... go for it. I just find it, well... .amusing and a bit comical. :D
Ford Bronco STRUCTURAL (What is) Ford-Bronco-Roof-Patnet-Dec-5-001-1024x550
I'm so happy for you that you know what you know!
BTW nobody ever said they would make plans based on a forum conversation, much less ask insiders to "divulge" proprietary info o...m....g...

tenor (1).gif

bridge1.gif

OP
OP
Lorenzo

Lorenzo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Larry