Sponsored

Stumbled across this on Wrangler Forum..

Ig_bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I laughed at “it doesn’t even have fog lights”

I’m waiting to see a “wow, they don’t even have an angry eyes aftermarket grille yet”
I just saw a renegade with angry eyes the other day:LOL:
Sponsored

1IH

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe MaMa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I took deliver my of my Wildtrak a few nights ago. I traded in my 6th Jeep for it (a 2020 Rubicon). The plastic interior of the Bronco feels lower grade than the Rubicon by a good bit. The Bronco is wider and has a ton more room inside but as for that initial review he was right on that the plastic used on the dash and door panels is very thin, EASILY scratched (some scratches upon delivery actually) and poor quality comparatively. My Rubicon had Bronze dash inserts btw not Red as someone stated.

I find the Bronco to be a melding of a TRD 4Runner (which I’ve had 3 of) and a Rubicon. Takes pieces from both vehicles front to back end to end and makes the Bronco the perfect overall blend of the two vehicles. Oh yes and the MIC top is garbage quality. Absolute failure on that project by Ford and managing their vendor.

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2023 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Did you create a post for your WIldtrak?
I apologize if you did, I am being lazy

OP
OP

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Side note... Sounds like Jeeps answer to the Sasquatch package is only available on the Rubicon 3.6 eTorque (and the V8)...and it is just under $4k but you are getting a lot of upgrades for that amount.

balucipher

Big Bend
First Name
Balu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Side note... Sounds like Jeeps answer to the Sasquatch package is only available on the Rubicon 3.6 eTorque (and the V8)...and it is just under $4k but you are getting a lot of upgrades for that amount.
It seems like a well put together package but it's obvious they wouldn't have done it if the bronco didn't come with Sasquatch

It's good to see competition force everyone to be better

Sponsored
OP
OP

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It seems like a well put together package but it's obvious they wouldn't have done it if the bronco didn't come with Sasquatch

It's good to see competition force everyone to be better
Yeah what I was surprised about is that they don't offer it on multiple trims. I mean I can't really see how this is competition with Bronco when you're required to buy a single trim inside of Jeeps dozen or so choices.

If they're truly going to compete they're going to have to open that up. Hell you can't even get a locker on anything other than a Rubicon.

scottyb907

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
74 Ford Bronco, RAM 3500,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The only thing I agree with these special jeep folks are the flares.. All of them are awful. My first mod will probably be the flare delete.
I agree, I’m also not a huge fan of the quality of the badges. Not even sure how I feel about them yet. I won’t be pulling it off though

Rover72

Outer Banks
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLUR, 18 Cadillac XT5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Seems to me that Jeep vs Bronco is a non conversation. They have roughly the same fit & finish for this era of product, albeit with different visual styling, suspension design & other design elements (no crossbar on roof for Bronco comes to mind) allowing more choice for off road open air rides.

Any Jeepster who dumps on the Bronco is just trying to justify their choice when actually there is no need to do so because its just a choice, not bad vs good. That being said buying a new Landy Defender is a bad choice, where should I begin??

edit: Badges seem cheap for sure. I hope they don't fade in the sun at least.

Ig_bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I agree, I’m also not a huge fan of the quality of the badges. Not even sure how I feel about them yet. I won’t be pulling it off though
:unsure: the fender flares was what I was talking. Heck I could care less about my badge. Tbh ford should have hidden the squatch somewhere in the trim or on the vehicle rather than the badge.. So it's like your hunting squatch

Sponsored

Ig_bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The answer to the bronco from jeep is the throw a hemi in it. Not look at the power train of the 3.6. Granted it's tried and true I remember when they changed the tranny (rip star trek dude). Being said that's probably why they don't change much. In addition, the jeep folks are saying the interior is cheap? The jl does look at tad sharper but compared to my jk they're both plastic.. The jk has leather imprint big whoop. We all know we don't want a plether or leather material on a vehicle that's off road oriented. Sounds like nit picking as we established

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There will be blood.
Ford Bronco Stumbled across this on Wrangler Forum.. 1625929805047

bloominguez

Black Diamond
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Br BD, '22 5BW, '95 Integra, '94 VFR, '04 SV
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ok, I never owned a Jeep, I do like them, but never really give any attention to the Jeep crowd in general but after reading a few of these post, well I believe there are a lot of idiots out there driving Jeeps...
To be fair, there are a lot of idiots out there driving any type of vehicle....

edgeflyer

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I added leather to my order later. Some of the comments have me regretting it. We’ve been pretty happy with the leather in my wife’s explorer
Leather on Texas off rodeo steeds was on par with any leather I've seen.

1IH

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe MaMa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Leather on Texas off rodeo steeds was on par with any leather I've seen.
Leather in my Wildtrak is softer than Rubicon JL leather by a good bit, will see how it holds up over time but so far aside from the Greige color (which I am actually fine with at the end of the day) these are the best 4x4 leather seats I have had (in any Jeep) aside from a Limited 4R which I would say this is on par with.
Sponsored