Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr Wildtrak, Lux, Leather, Tow
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

can you provide links to the speakers (both dash and kicks)?
Dash: https://www.crutchfield.com/p_091PC100/Focal-Performance-PC-100.html?tp=105

Used these in the rear as well, but the tweeter does extend out a bit too far and hits the grills.

Kicks: https://www.crutchfield.com/p_091PC165/Focal-Performance-PC-165.html?tp=105

Note on the kick panel installation, I designed and 3d printed a custom mount so that they didn't hit the grills.

Audio recordings before/after replacing the 4" can be found on page 4 of this thread, I will eventually make another with all speakers in place.

Last edited:

Hossfire

Wildtrak
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The 4” speakers in the dash are amplified. The ones that aren’t are the dash center speaker and the rear pods, which are total crap.
After re-reviewing the wiring diagrams, I stand corrected. The L+R dash speakers are being fed from the DSP/AMP.

Sorry about that!

Gamecock2010

Outer Banks
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Dash: https://www.crutchfield.com/p_091PC100/Focal-Performance-PC-100.html?tp=105

Used these in the rear as well, but the tweeter does extend out a bit too far and hits the grills.

Kicks: https://www.crutchfield.com/p_091PC165/Focal-Performance-PC-165.html?tp=105

Note on the kick panel installation, I designed and 3d printed a custom mount so that they didn't hit the grills.

Audio recordings before/after replacing the 4" can be found on page 4 of this thread, I will eventually make another with all speakers in place.
For the Dash, do the grills still go on? any issues with vibration or just noting that it is a "tight" fit?

Vtfakie

Wildtrak
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr Wildtrak, Lux, Leather, Tow
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

For the Dash, do the grills still go on? any issues with vibration or just noting that it is a "tight" fit?
Dash had zero fitment issues. I think the B&O grills may have more clearance than the base.

Sponsored

CooterBrownATX

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Dunno, don't have it yet, just reading others say even the b&o is lacking. Drove a Lincoln aviator with the revel once, that sounded amazing
The B&O is the worst car stereo system owned in the past 10 years. It's comically bad. Even my wife's JBL system in her 2012 Sequoia blows it away. At a relatively low volume (set at 10) and all the settings at the mid mark, the speakers rattle like a tin can. I'd be ashamed for selling this as the premium upgrade.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The B&O is the worst car stereo system owned in the past 10 years. It's comically bad. Even my wife's JBL system in her 2012 Sequoia blows it away. At a relatively low volume (set at 10) and all the settings at the mid mark, the speakers rattle like a tin can. I'd be ashamed for selling this as the premium upgrade.
Agree. Reminds me of how my factory speakers sounded in my 05 Wrangler before I swapped them out, added an amplifier, front dash speaker baffles and polyfill in the rear roller enclosures.

At least the lux package provided me with the ACC, heated steering wheel, USB port on the dash and universal garage door opener because the B&O system and wireless charger are awful.

Hossfire

Wildtrak
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It looks like Bronco B&O has the same crappy drivers that they have put in other recent models. I wish they would "unbundle" it from Lux. The (even more horrible) base system is at least easier to upgrade.

ou812545

Outer Banks
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW E60 M5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

These are the speakers I purchased, the connectors (Amazon) for the 4” as well. The comparison shows the original (paper) speaker and the new one that I used for all the 4” spots - two in the dash and two in the back pods. The Best Buy page shows the 6.5” pair that I purchased and had installed in the kick panels. The originals were also paper. The last photo is the Kicker 8” sub/amp I bought and had installed in back.

A67F7F85-D863-40AC-AE25-ED170E2C9A51.jpeg

E13013FB-7210-4762-9B62-D953B85FC6DD.jpeg

0400783A-CF98-4CD2-8A95-A5A0DB30D186.jpeg

62C24989-0160-4D88-832D-058466F141EC.jpeg

71B8BEB8-462F-4AC3-B3FC-6B1B068BF65C.jpeg
It would be great to see a pic of the sub mounted in the back.

EKOBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It would be great to see a pic of the sub mounted in the back.
Good idea. Here are a couple of photos. I have the 4-dr Outerbanks. Cables were run under the trim along the drivers side. They put the knob to adjust the base on the console next to my right leg. You wouldn’t know it was there unless you really looked for it. The Kicker has a pretty thick metal case so I can still toss stuff in without worrying about damaging the speaker beyond a few scratches/dings.

96FDCED3-87D7-4C86-87A9-6BBF3824E666.jpeg

A5E7579D-2AEE-4B4F-A2ED-48957E652CCC.jpeg

Sponsored

ou812545

Outer Banks
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW E60 M5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Good idea. Here are a couple of photos. I have the 4-dr Outerbanks. Cables were run under the trim along the drivers side. They put the knob to adjust the base on the console next to my right leg. You wouldn’t know it was there unless you really looked for it. The Kicker has a pretty thick metal case so I can still toss stuff in without worrying about damaging the speaker beyond a few scratches/dings.

Ford Bronco Subwoofer & Amp Install in B&O System (OuterBanks/LUX/Sasq/B&O/4dr) - Writeup DIY A5E7579D-2AEE-4B4F-A2ED-48957E652CCC

Ford Bronco Subwoofer & Amp Install in B&O System (OuterBanks/LUX/Sasq/B&O/4dr) - Writeup DIY A5E7579D-2AEE-4B4F-A2ED-48957E652CCC
Thanks and it looks good. Doesn't take up too much space. I'm thinking of going this same route. A couple more questions.
Does the base rattle or resonate the side panel it's mounted on at all?
Did you have to remove the back seat for the wiring and if so was it easy?

Thanks again.

EKOBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thanks and it looks good. Doesn't take up too much space. I'm thinking of going this same route. A couple more questions.

Thanks again.
I’ve not noticed any rattling. I don’t usually listen to the stereo beyond 15. I might when the weather is better and too down. The control knob for the sub is great because depending on the music or song even the bass can be too much or too little. I didn’t do the install myself, but didn’t see the seat removed when the installer was preparing. There are a LOT of wires in the channel along the door so I was glad I decided to have a professional do it. If you mount one there the one thing I would do differently is have it a little higher up. Where it is now may keep me from being able to use a rubber mat back there without cutting out a small section

EKOBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Thanks again.
By the way, my 15 year old daughter who loves country music has turned down the volume and the base at times so it’s not just me being too old to enjoy loud music

EKOBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
By the way, my 15 year old daughter who loves country music has turned down the volume and the base at times so it’s not just me being too old to enjoy loud music
Base control knob

BB944547-0B1E-48EF-99CD-A0FDAB73B209.jpeg

Dubsilk

Badlands
First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 M240 6MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands