First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 FSB
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hi all - I've seen some great renderings on here, and some others who share my desire to have an actual green paint option for the Bronco, but I'm betting that is happening soon, so...

I'd like to get some creative suggestions/opinions on the possibility of wrapping (at least partially) my Bronco. I liked the Boxwood rendering someone did a while back (pic below) and was thinking about using this color in some scheme that allow for either Oxford White, Cactus Gray or Carbonized Gray as the base color. I don't want to complexity of striping they put on the Filson fire vehicle, but maybe a somewhat similar coverage (most of sides/back, partial on the hood).

I am most likely looking at an OuterBanks, potentially a Badlands, and my favorite 'standard' paint scheme (to bring in the MIC top) was going to be A51 with the optional badlands wheels. Any suggestions on a "green scheme" are greatly appreciated. Trying to find links or examples of other SUVs/Jeeps that might be a model to give the wrap guy for ideas.

1609783764401.png
I've asked on other threads before-does anyone know if you can wrap the top? Or maybe just have it painted? Don't want the thing peeling a year later, so I wouldn't do it unless it was guaranteed to survive at least 10 years with normal wear and tear.
Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you were trying to look like an absolute tool,

I was saw an F150 100% wrapped in Dale Earnhardts #3 colors, GMGoodwrench, Heartbeat and all.
I never figured that one out...."run what ya brung" , I guess.

OP
OP
mds5917

mds5917

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, '21 Toyota RAV4 Prime
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Many thanks to BuckWildOffRoad and Cappy for the inspiring green renders. Found this image to use as a model but with the deeper Boxwood from BuckWild’s render…

Ford Bronco Suggestions for a green wrap? 1609889997963

And then use Cappy’s version to ‘modernize’ the view, I’m thinking of doing this on an Outerbanks so that the fenders and handles and top frame will all be white, and maybe make the hood bump green.

Ford Bronco Suggestions for a green wrap? 1609890014966

But, since I am stuck with the light gray MIC top, do I go with Carbonized, and have that as the other color to better tie in the top? White vs Carb Gray?

Any thoughts? Trying to arrange a session with a local wrap company before I place my order in a couple weeks. Thanks!

MOBroncoSTL

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 MX-5
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I was curious if anyone was familiar with a vinyl wrap that would be more of a tint than a solid recolor? I was thinking a protective grade green tinted vinyl that would incorporate the iconic silver color from the factory might be an interesting option. The example below would be way too far in color change for me but gives you a hint at what I would expect from the process. To be able to tint any of the factory colors one way or another appeals to me more than a complete color change. I can't think of any reason this appeals to me more or would be more advantageous than a solid vinyl wrap, other than it is keeping my Bronco more stock "feeling" with just a hint of tint one way or another. Even if it is a different option like creating a purple by overlaying a red tinted protective covering over the velocity blue it just seems more natural than a completer solid color wrap.

First post so I feel inclined to thank everyone for all the knowledge I have gained. I have always been interested in cars/motorcycles owning dozens of each. I had given up that there was any modern car that would get me this excited again for a long time. I am late to the party as the Bronco flew right under my radar. I have a November reservation (I know, lol) for a base, base, MT and could not be more excited no matter how long it takes. Coming in at just under $30k this will still (by far) be the most money I have spent on a vehicle.

pgrasshopper-green-metallic.jpg

OP
OP
mds5917

mds5917

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well, I visited a local auto wrapping service today to see about the potential for a green close to the Boxwood, but unfortunately it seems you either get "military" green (olive drab, NATO green, or some slight variation) or apple green and a number of very bright variants that belong on a sports car. The one 3M satin military green was okay, but I really started to wonder if I wanted an Oxford White Bronco after the wrap was gone.

I got a glimpse at his truck which had good bit of copper/orange on it, and got the idea to look at doing the 3M Liquid Copper on something like Carbonized Gray. With an Outerbanks, that should tie in the fenders, handles, and pretty close to the MIC roof as well. This is not an exact match as the color is a not quite as bright as it was in person, but my lame Photoshop skills will have to suffice.

Ford Bronco Suggestions for a green wrap? 1610418939542

The best part is that if I use this kind of design, it really saves on material cost and labor, and can potentially get this for under $1K. Since I had been interested in Cyber Orange (but not overwhelmingly bright - and more yellowish - as it would be on a 4 door) this gives me a bright orange-ish copper color that ties nicely with the Roast interior. Debating the hood coloration like the Wildtrak, but seems like a nice accent.

So, thumbs up? Or thumbs down? "...Release the hounds!" (and any suggestions for modifying the design - borrowing some of Cappy's work here again)

Sponsored

djp

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
djp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands 4dr || '21 Bronco Sport BigBend
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can a wrap actually have that high gloss shine? I've only seen wraps that look matted and I would never do that to a brand new vehicle, maybe after it's been banged up. I want my Bronco to shine when it's clean, not look like something me and the boys painted in my back yard one day with a bunch of cans of leftover spray paint!
I did the top of my wife's Bronco Sport with 3m 2080 Gloss Black... it looks painted

Answering your question, yes wrap can really shine!

Looking at the Bronco 2 and 4 doors and all of the removable quarter panels it should be super easy to do yourself.

I did the above for $107, I plan to do something similar to the bronco 2 or 4 door I get...once i decide on the 2 or 4 door. I was thinking of a ... we'll you'll see :)

62889240514__D9334535-6728-4351-BD81-BCF9B29A0C95.JPG

IMG_0469.JPG

IMG_0465.JPG

ssolypop

Badlands
First Name
Solomon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avenger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I did the top of my wife's Bronco Sport with 3m 2080 Gloss Black... it looks painted

Answering your question, yes wrap can really shine!

Looking at the Bronco 2 and 4 doors and all of the removable quarter panels it should be super easy to do yourself.

I did the above for $107, I plan to do something similar to the bronco 2 or 4 door I get...once i decide on the 2 or 4 door. I was thinking of a ... we'll you'll see :)

Ford Bronco Suggestions for a green wrap? IMG_0465.JPG
Now that's a huge improvement over the white roof and love that you got a shine out it! Opens up a world of possibilities!!! Nice work!

Reactions: djp

ssolypop

Badlands
First Name
Solomon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avenger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well, I visited a local auto wrapping service today to see about the potential for a green close to the Boxwood, but unfortunately it seems you either get "military" green (olive drab, NATO green, or some slight variation) or apple green and a number of very bright variants that belong on a sports car. The one 3M satin military green was okay, but I really started to wonder if I wanted an Oxford White Bronco after the wrap was gone.

I got a glimpse at his truck which had good bit of copper/orange on it, and got the idea to look at doing the 3M Liquid Copper on something like Carbonized Gray. With an Outerbanks, that should tie in the fenders, handles, and pretty close to the MIC roof as well. This is not an exact match as the color is a not quite as bright as it was in person, but my lame Photoshop skills will have to suffice.

Ford Bronco Suggestions for a green wrap? IMG_0465.JPG

The best part is that if I use this kind of design, it really saves on material cost and labor, and can potentially get this for under $1K. Since I had been interested in Cyber Orange (but not overwhelmingly bright - and more yellowish - as it would be on a 4 door) this gives me a bright orange-ish copper color that ties nicely with the Roast interior. Debating the hood coloration like the Wildtrak, but seems like a nice accent.

So, thumbs up? Or thumbs down? "...Release the hounds!" (and any suggestions for modifying the design - borrowing some of Cappy's work here again)
If you want the CO then I say get a CO OBX and then use thick black or Carb Grey striping to break up all that yellow. Make the hood accent black and maybe use a third color to trim along the outside of the black hood accent. Look at the 2021 MACH 1 in fighter jet grey with black hood accent and orange trim. I was thinking of something like that on a A51 BL. Making a black hood accent and trim it with the same color as the badlands badge.

goog67

Base
First Name
todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 f250 4x4 hiboy 2009 Nissan Maxima
Your Bronco Model
Base
I would love a Bronco in the Guard color base with all the black trim and top to be the brownish color.

Ford Bronco Suggestions for a green wrap? vehicle

Last edited:
OP
OP
mds5917

mds5917

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you want the CO then I say get a CO OBX and then use thick black or Carb Grey striping to break up all that yellow. Make the hood accent black and maybe use a third color to trim along the outside of the black hood accent. Look at the 2021 MACH 1 in fighter jet grey with black hood accent and orange trim. I was thinking of something like that on a A51 BL. Making a black hood accent and trim it with the same color as the badlands badge.
I'm not that in love with CO, particularly on a 4dr, let alone an OBX. It is more to the yellow end of orange than I would want. I do really love green, but have never been a fan of white cars - feels like a 'hot climate rental car'. The MIC top color greatly limits the combinations that "I" find acceptable, so that is why I gravitated to A51 if I choose a Badlands (fenders, optional wheels) tying it all together along with the MGV interior. With OBX it changes the calculus, and I started to think about "after the wrap" as well. (though I know a bunch of people would love to buy those white flares... ;-)
Sponsored