Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Flex
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Seems the SYNC 4 system has a Towing feature! Does anyone know If we remove or tow package (to expiate our order) will Ford also remove the towing features in SYNC 4? If we add a hitch receiver later, will SYNC 4 detect it?

See:
Sponsored

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Seems the SYNC 4 system has a Towing feature! Does anyone know If we remove or tow package (to expiate our order) will Ford also remove the towing features in SYNC 4? If we add a hitch receiver later, will SYNC 4 detect it?

See:
Can't say that I know the answer, but every Bronco comes with SYNC4 and trailer sway control, so if the control is done through SYNC4 then it's likely there no matter what. That's just a guess though.

DesertChip

Badlands
First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Q5, 2017 GTI, 2007 Porsche Cayman S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

See:
The tow package integrates with the Broncos computer. My 2017 F150 did. I bet this will do it more. It will deactivate the BLIS, tells you that the trailer lights are working and attaches the trailer to the vehicle alarm system, and other stuff too. Without the trailer package, this module will not be enabled for the factory, but its there. If you want to use it, the dealer will be able to enable it for you. I think they will charge you to do it.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I had snyc3 with max tow on my 19, it had integration in the instrument cluster for all the tow profiles, auto back up stuff, etc, Ford just moved all of it to sync4 center console.

OP
OP
Cliff

Cliff

Badlands
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Flex
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

According too the Ford Accessories dude at the Bronco event at our local dealer... The official Ford tow package (wiring harness & hitch) is required if you want to use Sync 4 tow features...

1. Trailer lights control
  2. Break assist
  3. Sway control
If you remove the hitch from your order to get your Bronco sooner... It becomes very expensive to to add a hitch later. And after-market hitches will not interface with the SYNC 4 system.

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I had snyc3 with max tow on my 19, it had integration in the instrument cluster for all the tow profiles, auto back up stuff, etc, Ford just moved all of it to sync4 center console.
According too the Ford Accessories dude at the Bronco event at our local dealer... The official Ford tow package (wiring harness & hitch) is required if you want to use Sync 4 tow features...

1. Trailer lights control
  2. Break assist
  3. Sway control
If you remove the hitch from your order to get your Bronco sooner... It becomes very expensive to to add a hitch later. And after-market hitches will not interface with the SYNC 4 system.
Light bulb moment for me here:
Every trim has been listed with trailer sway control standard, regardless of whether the tow package is selected or even available (Base and FE). This has had me (and others) quite confused. Why would sway control be included if the truck is only rated for 3500lbs and some trims don't even have a tow option? Well it's baked into Sync 4 - which every Bronco comes with - that's why!

If I'm slow on the uptake here and this has been figured out long ago then I apologize. Like I said, it was a light bulb moment for me.
Sponsored