Rachel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Base (Hubby) 2021 Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Can anyone answer this question. Don’t want to seem like an airhead. Lol. Does the tailgate open further? Mine stops not completely open. How do you open it further?? Seen some all the way open. Is there a trick to it? It really drives me bonkers. Be nice. It’s something I hadn’t figured out yet!!!! 😆
Sponsored

Boreal

Badlands
First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cspencephoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Push it. Push it real good.

Seriously though, it opens up more than perpendicular - the strut/hinges have an extra notch past 90°

Sponsored

jorgem31

Outer Banks
First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I think I know what you're talking about. When I open mine it goes about a quarter of the way and seems to pressurize the strut. After a second it releases and you can push it all the way open without it trying to push itself closed. Not sure if my description explains it but it's on my list when I return to the dealer.

OP
OP
CGCarolinaBronco

CGCarolinaBronco

Big Bend
First Name
Rachel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I think I know what you're talking about. When I open mine it goes about a quarter of the way and seems to pressurize the strut. After a second it releases and you can push it all the way open without it trying to push itself closed. Not sure if my description explains it but it's on my list when I return to the dealer.
Thank you. Mine won’t budge any further. Wonder if there was a trick to it. Like a homes storm door. Lol

Boreal

Badlands
First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cspencephoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thank you. Mine won’t budge any further. Wonder if there was a trick to it. Like a homes storm door. Lol
After you’ve opened the door, give it a second or two and then try to push it the rest of the way open. It seems that there is staging within the gas strut that makes it difficult to open the door in one full go

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I hated that strut at first. Always seemed to be fighting me when I wanted it to open. Now I’ve realized how it really works I’m more used to it. You have to let it finish its slow opening to first stop position which is like 45’. Then you can give it a nudge and it will open itself to next position, 90’. Then you can nudge it one more time to open even more. Basically I had to learn to let it open itself than try to fight it.

OP
OP
CGCarolinaBronco

CGCarolinaBronco

Big Bend
First Name
Rachel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

After you’ve opened the door, give it a second or two and then try to push it the rest of the way open. It seems that there is staging within the gas strut that makes it difficult to open the door in one full go
Just tried it and it worked!!! Yay!! Really kind of made me mad it wouldn’t open any further. But it obviously does. Lol. Thanks everyone for your response!! Greatly appreciate. 😁

Sponsored
OP
OP
CGCarolinaBronco

CGCarolinaBronco

Big Bend
First Name
Rachel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I hated that strut at first. Always seemed to be fighting me when I wanted it to open. Now I’ve realized how it really works I’m more used to it. You have to let it finish its slow opening to first stop position which is like 45’. Then you can give it a nudge and it will open itself to next position, 90’. Then you can nudge it one more time to open even more. Basically I had to learn to let it open itself than try to fight it.
Thank goodness I posted this. Was kind of mad it didn’t open further. But it does. Just have to be patient and let it open first. Lol

bigblueboing

Black Diamond
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Just tried it and it worked!!! Yay!! Really kind of made me mad it wouldn’t open any further. But it obviously does. Lol. Thanks everyone for your response!! Greatly appreciate. 😁
YVW. LMK IF THeres anything else.
Sponsored