Sponsored

Who's Got The Best Way To Open Tailgate From Inside?

Tkekich

Big Bend
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Ahh I didn’t think there was enough room to sleep in a 2 door. I’d barely fit in a 4 door.
I've got a 2 door and there is absolutely no way anybody can sleep back there. Considering the rear seats do not fold " flat" there is simply no way.

Last edited:

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've got a 2 door and there is absolutely no way anybody can sleep back there. Considering the rear seats to fold " flat" there is simply no way.
I'm 5'10" and it's doable, I wouldn't want to spend a week back there but a night or two would be ok. This is obviously with the rear seats removed (I built a plywood platform).

Not being able to open the tailgate is an issue but not insurmountable, just crawl out the front doors, like you would do if you were using the rear seat like normal.

It's much easier in my GC, I just hit the hatch button on the remote and up she goes.

Tkekich

Big Bend
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I'm 5'10" and it's doable, I wouldn't want to spend a week back there but a night or two would be ok. This is obviously with the rear seats removed (I built a plywood platform).

Not being able to open the tailgate is an issue but not insurmountable, just crawl out the front doors, like you would do if you were using the rear seat like normal.

It's much easier in my GC, I just hit the hatch button on the remote and up she goes.
ah yes, the rear seat removal, plywood platform trick would get er done!

USAGUY

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

. I really can’t add anything to this post that hasn’t been said. I can only ask for a favor. You describe yourself as a “big guy” and your lady friend as “petite” & that there may be a desire to “spoon” in the back of your 2dr Bronco. Please,Please,Please if this should happen post a photo. PLEASE!

Sponsored

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Are traditional tents outlawed or something? Just seems like a lot of work goes into sleeping in or on top of a vehicle these days. 🤷‍♂️

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
On that rear seat delete ,what do you do with the seat belt sensors?
I took the seat belt female end off of the seats and plugged them back into the electrical connector. Then just tuck them under the platform. Not doing this will throw an airbag light, you can disable the seat belt warning but I found no other way to get rid of the airbag light. I was going to jumper out the connection but was concerned about damaging the airbag module.

I have $80 into this solution and it works extremely well, allows full access to the rear compartment as well.

I pulled the seat belt mounting point from the floor and just let the belt wind back up to the roll bar mounting point and used some tie-wraps to secure them. This makes for a very clean instal. I may eventually just remove the whole mechanism.

Ford Bronco Who's Got The Best Way To Open Tailgate From Inside? tempImage0dUhVr

Ford Bronco Who's Got The Best Way To Open Tailgate From Inside? tempImageIeW9z5

Last edited:

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I've got a 2 door and there is absolutely no way anybody can sleep back there. Considering the rear seats to fold " flat" there is simply no way.
Already been documented several times. It’s possible.

Ford Bronco Who's Got The Best Way To Open Tailgate From Inside? 1645625230447

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Are traditional tents outlawed or something? Just seems like a lot of work goes into sleeping in or on top of a vehicle these days. 🤷‍♂️
For me it's for winter camping, I hit the remote start before crawling into the bag and again in the AM to warm it up nicely. Very comfortable in the car with a nice air mattress and it eliminates having to set up/ break down in the rain. Works very well for a night or two.

I've been sleeping in the back of trucks since 1975, nothing new for me.

Sponsored

wetdog

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I took the seat belt female end off of the seats and plugged them back into the electrical connector. Then just tuck them under the platform. Not doing this will throw an airbag light, you can disable the seat belt warning but I found no other way to get rid of the airbag light. I was going to jumper out the connection but was concerned about damaging the airbag module.

I have $80 into this solution and it works extremely well, allows full access to the rear compartment as well.

I pulled the seat belt mounting point from the floor and just let the belt wind back up to the roll bar mounting point and used some tie-wraps to secure them. This makes for a very clean instal. I may eventually just remove the whole mechanism.

Thanks I was wondering about a way around that!

LHD

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Samurais, Corvairs, 914-6, TT, F350 SD
Your Bronco Model
Base
I unbolted the pass side seat bottom and let it lie in place. If I needed to sleep I could pull the seat bottom, flip the seat back down, flip the headrest down to get it out of the way. Move the pass seat all the way forward and fill the gap with my travel bag. I tried it out initially and thought it could work if necessary. Did not need to use it but it sure seemed plausible on the diagonal. The excavation into the door latch area provided no easy solution from the inside. There are moving latches but nothing as easy as leaving the plastic panel off and just reaching in and pulling the correct lever. I just threw in the towel and figured I’d climb in the pass side if needed.

R11

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.basequatch.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base Sasquatch 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yeah that looks like close to $80 just in lumber these days.

But seriously, that's smooth.

OP
OP
Roll Sound

Roll Sound

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wildtrack 2DR MIC OW, 2014 KTM RC8R
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
On that rear seat delete ,what do you do with the seat belt sensors?
Plugged them back in under the deck. There is a perfect spot for them.

OP
OP
Roll Sound

Roll Sound

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wildtrack 2DR MIC OW, 2014 KTM RC8R
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It's for a hot broad who is a little scared to camp outside. I'm easing her into it. It's worth the effort trust me.
Sponsored