First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Flex
Your Bronco Model
Base
I really like the look of the full coverage transmission, catalytic converter and 2.7 crossmember skid they offer. Takes three separate pieces to get that coverage with the ones I’ve got. They’re much later to market so have had the benefit of observing what we’re looking for.

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I run a modified version of his transmission skid. Products are good quality but he still doesn't have a full product line.

What skids are you looking at? I am a firm believer in stock skids with a few added pieces seem to work the best.

Beaux1

Black Diamond
First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250 & 2006 Jeep TJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I’m running there front, engine and transmission aluminum skids. Well made, great fit and finish. No regrets. I’ve asked her about lower control arm skids, hope they make them.

OP
OP

Texasliam

Badlands
First Name
Liam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I run a modified version of his transmission skid. Products are good quality but he still doesn't have a full product line.

What skids are you looking at? I am a firm believer in stock skids with a few added pieces seem to work the best.
Well. Not sure realy. Full matching set in steel would look nice. But there isn't anything wrong with my stock skids now. And im not sure what fits the arb bumper I want. I've emailed to get talons opinion. My hesitation is the exposed bolts.
why did you need to modify the transmission plate?

Sponsored

67BroncoG1

Base
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 2D Squatch, '67 Bronco, '24 Grenadier -ordered
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My sons just gave me the trans skid for Christmas. I’ll let you know what I think when I install it tomorrow. It appears well made.

67BroncoG1

Base
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I installed the transmission skid today. It is very well made and fit perfectly. Install was simple and took about 15 minutes by myself using a floor jack to move it into position. The nice thing about this skid is that they make them specific to the bronco trim options. I have a 2.3 so it doesn’t have the additional frame bracing and I’m not running a front sway bar at all so the plate is perfectly flat on the bottom. They would bend in a hump for the disconnect front bar.

GroovyGeek

Black Diamond
First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Strong as hell but do you really need all that extra weight? I never go on more than 4-5ish trails so I opted for an aluminum one from a different vendor.

OP
OP

Texasliam

Badlands
First Name
Liam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I installed the transmission skid today. It is very well made and fit perfectly. Install was simple and took about 15 minutes by myself using a floor jack to move it into position. The nice thing about this skid is that they make them specific to the bronco trim options. I have a 2.3 so it doesn’t have the additional frame bracing and I’m not running a front sway bar at all so the plate is perfectly flat on the bottom. They would bend in a hump for the disconnect front bar.
Sorry I don't understand "They would bend in a hump for the disconnect front bar.

Sponsored

shawn6107

Badlands
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250, Ford Expedition Max, Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I recently installed the transmission skid (also replaces the diff skid and covers the crossmembers) for the 2.7L with sway bar disconnect. It’s really heavy but really well made. I did lose almost an inch of clearance at the cross members but I’m willing to give it up for the protection. Clearance typically isn’t an issue for me running 37s. I’m pretty happy with it but I run some hard trails and beat on the underside of the bronco pretty hard over the course of a day.

The rest of my skids are a combination of the factory skids and JCR shock mount skids (didn’t hold up, I’ve already flattened those).

Fishwrinkle

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 GC overland 5.7, 18 GC srt 6.4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
i have a 2.3 version and it's flat, but i did have to hole saw some crescents out of the outer ribs to accommodate the sway bar. i waited a bit to get it as they were out of the 2.3 version, but i believe i got a 2.7 version, maybe. i was ready to tackle it like snacktime did, but i didn't have the offset built into it and got the clearance i was after. it's been bonked pretty hard and no dents just some gouges. i'll use talons again

67BroncoG1

Base
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sorry I don't understand "They would bend in a hump for the disconnect front bar.
The factory disconnectable front sway bar hangs down enough so that a transmission skid plate needs to be bent around it.

Talon2006

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150l, 91 Eagle Talo n
Your Bronco Model
Base
They are working on a 4cylinder specific skid for the sway bar disconnect. Should be out soon. Just need to test fit it.
Sponsored