First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Without getting into the nuts and bolts (pun intended) I offer the following opinion. I owned a 2018 F-150 Raptor and it was an awesome vehicle. As superficial as it may seem, I wanted one for it's looks, its style, its sound and its power. For six years it turned heads and garnered compliments wherever we went. I paid $78k for it which I thought was crazy money but it was worth every penny. ADM really wasn't a thing in 2018, at least not at my dealership. It came to life during COVID but seems to have gone by the wayside now. Owning a Raptor has its drawbacks too. I found myself a slave to keeping it spotless, keeping mileage low and finding a parking spot where I didn't have to worry about some chuckle-head ramming his door into it.

Earlier this year, I decided to trade it for my Bronco BD Sasquatch. I enjoy it just as much but never even considered the Bronco Raptor. I loved that truck but would I do it again? No. I don't think I would.

Raptor (7).JPG

2023 Ford Bronco The Eagle Has Landed.jpeg
Sexy CC/BD -
Sponsored

Braptor23_CO

Raptor
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

It’s not over priced when you drive it across country, wheel it in Moab for a week and then drive it back with zero issues handling like a big car on the interstate and crushing the trails like a champ. Just sayin’
I agree with Darron D

Pattertj

Badlands
First Name
Terrance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
79 F350 4x4, BDL 2-dr squatch & Rivian RT1 pending
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford near me (Tampa) has Braptor for 88, 10k off the original sticker. Are they discounting them everywhere else?
NEW Braptor, 2023 $7250 below MSRP. Bought it last week.

Twister22

Badlands
First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Mustang 1968 Mustang Factory Five Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Buy 2 for the price of one braptor!! Now we both get to enjoy the Bronco!!

Sponsored

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

There is always one. But it doesn't make sense when one can get a F150 Raptor at that price with a much nicer interior.
That is true, but their use cases are pretty far apart minus the removal top panels and shell.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That is true, but their use cases are pretty far apart minus the removal top panels and shell.
You are referring to the Bronco Raptor. My response that you quoted was in response to the Ranger Raptor that the dealer had tacked on a 25k ADM. I said there is always one. But it doesn't make sense as at that price point, one can get an F150 Raptor with a much nicer interior.

This was the quoted response that I was responding to:
I rode in a Ranger Raptor (RRaptor?) with a buddy who test drove one. I have nothing but nice things to say about it. He would have bought it, but the 25k ADM priced him out. Dealer said (🍻) their allocation for the year was ONE, so I guess the ADM shouldn't be a surprise. Someone will pay it.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

You are referring to the Bronco Raptor. My response that you quoted was in response to the Ranger Raptor that the dealer had tacked on a 25k ADM. I said there is always one. But it doesn't make sense as at that price point, one can get an F150 Raptor with a much nicer interior.

This was the quoted response that I was responding to:
Agree Ranger Raptor is also way too high IMO.

MichaelCar001

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Own 2023 Wildtrak. Have to say Raptor was a blast to drive. Fast and good exhaust tone. Interior was nice.

With that said can’t justify 30k price increase
Any videos to share?

KABQ

Base
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'93 4Runner, '84 Vanagon, '93 Miata, '14 LittleGuy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I rode in a Ranger Raptor (RRaptor?) with a buddy who test drove one. I have nothing but nice things to say about it. He would have bought it, but the 25k ADM priced him out. Dealer said (🍻) their allocation for the year was ONE, so I guess the ADM shouldn't be a surprise. Someone will pay it.
Looking back at this I feel like I should clarify. Even with the 25k ADM it was STILL cheaper than the '24 Braptors they had at MSRP, and they have basically the same running gear.

Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Agree Ranger Raptor is also way too high IMO.
For the MSRP, I think it is fine. Any ADM on a Ranger Raptor doesn't make sense to me. As long as the F150 Raptor exists, then the RR will have a cap on it's value.

The Braptor is a whole different category. IMO, the current MSRP is too high for it. I get Ford trying to take a bite of the profit that dealers were tacking on with the ADM. But dealers need to sell vehicles and not display them. As they continue to stagnate on dealer's lots, discounts will be applied negating the current MSRP. There will always exist certain markets where ADM will exist. But educated buyers will buy out of market and pay for transport.

wilbersk

Raptor
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
A lot of coping going on in here. The Braptor is the Bronco most people think they’re getting when they get a regular Bronco. That said, do whatever makes you happy!

0ne

Base
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Flex
Your Bronco Model
Base
A lot of coping going on in here. The Braptor is the Bronco most people think they’re getting when they get a regular Bronco. That said, do whatever makes you happy!
Or the brokest đź’¸

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You had updated the thread title just after I posted. I deleted the post as the clarification made sense.

Overall, I agree with the premise of the difference in cost even if I was to consider a moar door. At it's original price, one can see the value. But the Bronco Raptor is only allocation limited and not production limited. There are a lot of Bronco Raptors sitting on dealer's lots at the current price point.
If I were on the West Coast and Southwest at that; a Braptor would be hard for me to pass. Fact is, trails in the Deep South are narrow and I’d take body damage in addition to pinstripes constantly. I also don’t see the benefit in PPE on an off-roader, regardless of what some argue or try to justify.

The fact that we don’t have a proper Warthog and only have this bloated moar door Braptor that belly drags on obstacles, on top of the crazy price it is today Make it a hard pass for anyone other than the that crowd that just pose for the insta bot followers.

I can update my BadSquatch steering rack to that of the Braptor and upgrade the suspension, shocks to either 6100s or Fox 2.5s, then keep it moving.

My RCI frame mounted sliders come in another 3 weeks I hope, then I’ll have closer to what I need for Braptor performance minus 37s which I’m not sure make any sense anyway for most trails and the weight hit.
Sponsored