dwbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Do you suppose " a small slice of the problem" could also be described as "part of the problem?"

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Now that's a great idea for the outhouse at deercamp!
Now wait.......we complain about the cloth seats in a Bronco being gross? Unless this is an all ladies deer camp, no way would I sit there! Oh, and those MGV toilet seats were not much better! Maybe we should petition for good old painted wood Bronco seats.

stay safe for those of you in Texas. My fathers house was in Kerrville. Did that drive every six to eight weeks for several years after he passed. Fortunately, only a few issues with snow but I could go several ways to avoid the weather. I always worried about the frozen pipe problem but he lived up north most his life. Builder never understood the efforts and expense he went to insulate. New home owners e-mailed me this week say how fortunate they felt.

my thoughts are with you.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

After two days of no hot water I thawed out my tankless water heater uninsulated inlet valve with a floor heater. Now we Texans learn about heater wrap cords.

The snow by my water heater buried my boots.

Ford Bronco TEXAS SNOW DAY 20210217_152042

Ford Bronco TEXAS SNOW DAY 20210217_114535

Sponsored

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hurricanes, Fires, Drought, Floods,Snowmageddon and what's next; the Zoombie Apocalypse? Ford can't get us these Broncos soon enough for us to modify and outfit them for these Natural Diasters.

Ford Bronco TEXAS SNOW DAY 20210217_114535
I'm presuming the Zoombie Apocalypse is when the undead have video chats and put cat heads and stuff over their images. :ROFLMAO:

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Town of Alta here in Utah has had 87" in five days. Resorts closed and avi control on full blast!!
Remember that kind of snows. Went up to Snowbird in the morning, 18" of snow by the time I got back to my truck...

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Remember that kind of snows. Went up to Snowbird in the morning, 18" of snow by the time I got back to my truck...
Sounds like an awesome day! For those that have yet to experience monster pow day, it’s hard to understand. When they do...they should definitely go to Park City. ;)

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Pa
Sounds like an awesome day! For those that have yet to experience monster pow day, it’s hard to understand. When they do...they should definitely go to Park City. ;)
Park City is my favorite! Been a few decades, but Utah Coal and Lumber had some kick ass Mexican food...

Sponsored

codydb19

Big Bend
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

House in my neighborhood that had a busted pipe.

Resized_Screenshot_20210217-190624_Facebook.jpg
After seeing so many pics like this from around Central Texas, I have never been so happy to have a single story house with no water pipes running in a ceiling or attic.

The destruction that has been caused, and still to come, is going to be astronomical and devastating.

Last edited:

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Pa

Park City is my favorite! Been a few decades, but Utah Coal and Lumber had some kick ass Mexican food...
When you mentioned the Bird I assumed you were a cottonwood canyons fan. Park City mountain claims biggest resort in North America since Vail buyout. Massive.

Nothin wrong with PC, just less of a locals spot. Oh... and those $28 burgers without fries😬

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
When you mentioned the Bird I assumed you were a cottonwood canyons fan. Park City mountain claims biggest resort in North America since Vail buyout. Massive.

Nothin wrong with PC, just less of a locals spot. Oh... and those $28 burgers without fries😬
As I said, it has been decades since I was there. Even then, there was only one local bar left for the locals. Sucks that it ended up that way. Same thing happened in the town I worked in on the Eastern Shore of Maryland. You could have anything you needed within a short walk down town. Now, I think the Dollar store is still there but nothing else for locals other than the funeral home...

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

To the Northerners that have no sympathy, get real. We just got power back after 40 hours here in Austin and now the water is shutting off.

I've lived in Montreal, been a ski instructor in Utah, and grew up in Colorado. Yeah this isn't much snow and it's not that cold.
But Texas homes are designed to shed heat, there are no snowplows, no salt, and the grid is not build to handle these conditions. Pipes are bursting all up and down my street and people have flooded homes.
You are so right.

I know I like to joke about how cold I am here in Tucson when the high temp is 60, but like Texas homes, my house was designed to stay cool. We don't even have central heating. A lot of old homes here just have a single gas wall heater. Our house was built in 1946 and had a floor furnace that can't be fixed. The cost of adding central heat was never worth it considering how 8 or 9 months of the year we are running evaporative coolers and/or air-conditioners.
Sponsored