TGO - The Overlander Build

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Garage floor is crazy nice.
Build list is extensive and thought out.
Great work on both.
The rest, just details. Doesn't have any bearing on anything except for those who want to fixate on it and let it be some defining thing.
You do you.
And that Bison setup is sweet.
Sponsored

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Nice build list and will follow to see your progress. Nice garage floor.

A51Asheville

Black Diamond
First Name
Dane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Sas Mid Package
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I don't see why, this is what I go by on youtube and other forums. It's not political, it's just representation. I know I'm not the only gay one here, but a lot of gay folks don't feel welcomed in vehicle forums and overland forums. I've been harassed off some forums. So if I'm out on here, others will feel welcome and I usually receive PM's thanking me for doing so.

I flew a flag at my first and second Overland Expos and was surprised how many folks came up and thanked me. That's why I do it. Even Outside Online picked my truck as one of the best and asked me to keep the flag on my truck when they took this picture:

Bison%20pride-XL.jpg
Welcome! looking forward to this build!

Copperhorse73

Wildtrak
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 door Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I rely on my wife for doing the “tasteful” things around the house. She couldn’t care less about the garage floor where I spend so much time. Gotta say yours gives me some serious garage envy

mlcinema

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Off Road
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

First Mod:

Installed the Sasquatch Fenders. I know it doesn't look as good (do think the mudflaps will help here), but my Bison does the same as the Bronco when going through mud, puddles, snow, etc. No one likes to grab the door handle when it's covered in muck, no one wants gravel/rocks flying into the door. So I'm taking function over cool looking.

It rained this morning in Austin, so the streets were drying bringing it home and a lot of puddles, at least I didn't have to clean off mud.

IMG_0814-XL.jpg

Decently packed:

IMG_0815-XL.jpg

Pet peeve of mine, QR code for instructions, I'm fine for using less paper, but they do to make more money, it's not like we receive the discount:

IMG_0816-XL.jpg

The labels are good, tell you where they go RR being rear FR being front and LH and RH:

IMG_0817-XL.jpg

Was surprised it was dirty under here, perhaps some weatherstripping on the flare will stop water from getting up here?

IMG_0822-XL.jpg

Does make the tires look smaller:

IMG_0823-XL.jpg

Washed the dirt of with a waterless wash and wax:

IMG_0825-XL.jpg

And used 303 Protectant on the new flares:

IMG_0824-XL.jpg

Tight fit the garage, had to clear about 2 1/2 feet in the front, obviously the Miata was much shorter:

IMG_0826-XL.jpg

IMG_0827-XL.jpg

And by the way, when I had this house built, I wanted to do epoxy on the floors, and I'm one of those people that usually do a lot of research and found epoxy has to be redone like every 10 - 15 years, and they have to diamond grind the old epoxy off. With what they were charging for it, I didn't want to have to do that again. I ended up getting Italian color through porcelain tile. The tile was the cheap part, but had the installers lay an uncoupling membrane and the tile on top of that, and expansion joints. The uncoupling stops water and vapor coming up through the concrete, it also stops movement and cracks from transferring up to the tile. The expansion joints will compress and expand on their own, so should there be movement in the concrete below these will take that impact. It ended up costing twice as much as doing the epoxy.

It's so easy to keep clean (thank you Romba vacs and mops) and it's tough. Hi-lift jacks have fallen on it, chemicals have spilled on it (synthetic grout is chemical and heat tolerant), I've dropped tools, etc. It's never chipped and will probably be there longer than the house is. You can actually tell what exactly is dripping from your vehicles. It is an investment, but if you can do it, it's worth it IMO.

Also, going with commercial tile, you can get matching coved baseboard tile and grip lines set in the tile for steps.

IMG_0837-XL.jpg

IMG_0838-XL.jpg

IMG_0839-XL.jpg
Hey! You got the correct amount of doors 👍🏼

😅

Sponsored

RC Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco, '97 Geo Tracker
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Dang man! I love your attention to detail and cleanliness - can’t wait to see that trickle down into your build. Don’t mind the rude few, please stick around keep updating us!!

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I don't see why, this is what I go by on youtube and other forums. It's not political, it's just representation. I know I'm not the only gay one here, but a lot of gay folks don't feel welcomed in vehicle forums and overland forums. I've been harassed off some forums. So if I'm out on here, others will feel welcome and I usually receive PM's thanking me for doing so.

I flew a flag at my first and second Overland Expos and was surprised how many folks came up and thanked me. That's why I do it. Even Outside Online picked my truck as one of the best and asked me to keep the flag on my truck when they took this picture:

Bison%20pride-XL.jpg
Agree about the representation. If you're not out there, it allows other people if so inclined, to define and misrepresent you.

Like the idea of the tiles in the garage, I used a decoupler membrane called Ditra in our bathroom, to decouple porcelain tiles from the sub floor. So far no cracking.

In the garage though, do the tiles get slippery with water? I grind and weld metal in the garage, so most of the other flammable/melt-able garage flooring options for me would not work, but porcelain tiles could be an option.

And sorry, have to insert an overlanding joke here:

Ford Bronco TGO - The Overlander Build 1675950001249

brentutk

Wildtrak
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Eruption Green Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Did you read the title? Why was it called that then? Look at me, look at me
Why do you have to identify as Outer Jersey? I didn’t ask anything about your location and/or place of birth. Why do you feel the need to identify with that location on a car forum. I don’t have a location in MY username or thread titles so that’s the correct way of doing things.

killaz05

Badlands
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands 2.7 Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I know I'm not the only gay one here
Haha you certainly are not the only one 😝 Sometimes it feels like we don't belong in the off-road/overland community but it is good to represent. It is amazing how diverse the people are in the off-road/overland community.

You have a great build so far and I am looking forward to seeing how it goes. I will have to see if you have an Instagram and follow there as well.

OP
OP
emulous74

emulous74

Badlands
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 ZR2 Bison D , '23 Bronco 2DR, MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Agree about the representation. If you're not out there, it allows other people if so inclined, to define and misrepresent you.

Like the idea of the tiles in the garage, I used a decoupler membrane called Ditra in our bathroom, to decouple porcelain tiles from the sub floor. So far no cracking.

In the garage though, do the tiles get slippery with water? I grind and weld metal in the garage, so most of the other flammable/melt-able garage flooring options for me would not work, but porcelain tiles could be an option.

And sorry, have to insert an overlanding joke here:

Ford Bronco TGO - The Overlander Build 1675950001249
I went with a matte finish on the tile. While it’s not ultra slippery when wet, it’s not as good as bare concrete. What I’ve noticed is I’m fast to dry it up with a rag, where with concrete I’d just let it dry on it’s on. I’m not manic about it, I only do that if I’m working in the garage.

Sponsored

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
All this fuss about the garage floor, I had to go back and look. ??? All I see is unboxing of his flairs on some very nice hardwood floors in the living room . . . Oh , those garage floors. Very nice indeed.

Rheldar

Badlands
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 2-Door BL, '14 Frontier Pro-4x, '22 Tesla Y
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This looks like it'll be a really awesome build when it's finished. I almost wish I'd gotten the OEM roof rack on my 2 door Badlands to simplify shopping for a roof rack.

We have a Badass Moto Gear fire extinguisher mount in the AT Habitat on my husband's Frontier and we've been pretty happy with it so far. It spent a couple of years strapped to a half-rack on the bed and doesn't look like it's faded any in the Texas summers.

I'm really glad to see a fellow LGBTQ Bronco owner generally accepted here. Definitely following this build since it looks like it'll turn out great. (also super jealous of the garage floor)

waveform55

Black Diamond
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

How do you like the Garmin Overlander and Tread? I've been REALLY on the fence about one of those products (leaning towards Overlander because it seems like it's more of the 'pure' Garmin Explore app/device combo). I've fiddled with OnX Off-Road but between my Garmin Fenix 6X and using the Garmin Explore app on my iPad mini, I've been dying to get a users thoughts on the Overlander

BossMann

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just show your build, be happy with your own life choices and be part of the community here.

Good luck with the build! I'll be watching.
Sponsored