LRDiscovery2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Rover Discovery 2, Lexus GS450h
I'm starting to think the Discovery troll from Norway is nothing but a Land Rover or FCA Marketing person in not so subtle disguise.
Great conspiracy theory!
Sponsored

DrPerez007

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Jeep TJ; 2015 Dodge Charger (work); 2016 Jeep JKU; 2019 Ford Ranger Lariat; 2019 Jeep JLU
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Welcome to the forum!

I got home from work and tried sitting on the couch and a lady (same one?) said the grass needed to be mowed and the car needed an oil change. Nevermind, must not be the same woman.

Get. Me. Out. Of. Here

#needbroncoleaks
Thanks. Glad to be an “official” member.

A word of warning, though, there may also be little people running around your house. Know that they belong there, apparently,

BTW, how many times a day can you clean the garage???

Glad I have a Mac in the garage to keep the Forum online and available.

Last edited:

Jalisurr

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Corvette Z06, '97 Mitsubishi Pajero Evo
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Another 24hrs and threads are full of opinions and arguing, clearly a leak and a cure is needed.

BTW short of rock crawling a range Rover or cayenne will go virtually anywhere and do it like you're sitting on your coach at home. They are amazing vehicles few experience but many knock.
The first gen Cayennes with the low range transfer case were the best ones, and they're getting cheap enough now you can get a V8 one with the off road pack (locker, skid plates, etc) for a more...disposable price.

The ultimate was the transsyberia:
Ford Bronco The Bronco information drip feed 1585414331862

But they made few enough of them they are collector's items so the prices haven't fallen the same way.

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So was the Bronco ever used for any expeditions anywhere like the Land Rover Defender and the Land Rover Discovery? Maybe not, or? And also, have the military anywhere used the Bronco? You know, like the Land Rovers. Yes/no?
OK ? I surrender. You got me there on the Bronco in the military. I've seen a lot in civilian use though Airports, Municipal depts., Fire Fighters, etc. But just in case you didn' t know ……..

Ford did build the first JEEPs for the military along with Willys after the Bantam design which was created in Butler PA. Willys took over sole manufacturing a few years after the war started, then trademarked it later, think in the 50's. LONG before Land Rover buddy. In fact if I was like you I should stress the point that Ford was the FIRST to mass produce but I'm not a bragger. :)

kdm_42089

Black Diamond
First Name
Kaleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Continental
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So was the Bronco ever used for any expeditions anywhere like the Land Rover Defender and the Land Rover Discovery? Maybe not, or? And also, have the military anywhere used the Bronco? You know, like the Land Rovers. Yes/no?
I really don't get the point of bringing the military into it. Anyone who thinks the military using something makes it special, has obviously never been in the military.

Sponsored

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Ford did build the first JEEPs for the military along with Willys after the Bantam design which was created in Butler PA. Willys took over sole manufacturing a few years after the war started, then trademarked it later, think in the 50's.
Someone mention Willys? My first restoration project that got away, someone beat me to it when I went to buy it.

The Original 4x4 SUV, 1946 Willys Overland Wagon..., yes, before Land Rover.
https://www.kaiserwillys.com/about_willys_jeep_station_wagon_history_specs
Ford Bronco The Bronco information drip feed 1946 Willys Station Wagon - Copy
Ford Bronco The Bronco information drip feed 1947 Willys Overland

LRDiscovery2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Rover Discovery 2, Lexus GS450h
Several people answer his questions in great detail about the history of the Bronco and crickets?
Truth is it was never used for much really. Som camping and fishing trips, and thats about it.
Anyone who thinks the military using something makes it special, has obviously never been in the military.
I was in the military(it is mandatory). We had MB Geländewagens. They were not great. The civillian version is much better though.

NY Bronco II

Badlands
First Name
Barney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco II, 2008 Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I really don't get the point of bringing the military into it. Anyone who thinks the military using something makes it special, has obviously never been in the military.
Cause you brought it up!!!

Adk_st

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Toyota 4runner TRD Pro '57 CHEVY 6400
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Truth is it was never used for much really. Som camping and fishing trips, and thats about it.
I was in the military(it is mandatory). We had MB Geländewagens. They were not great. The civillian version is much better though.
Yep. Not much. Huntin' and fishin' trips. No off road racing or any of that. Bronco has zero heritage or fan following. Not even sure why there's a website.

Unlike folks in Europe with their posh land rovers, Americans don't need to travel to other continents to experience the outdoors. "expeditions" are things we do for fun on our days off. Plenty of bronco's are used for over landing. I know Alaskans love them. I can't figure out if you're actually this pompous, or just a troll. Modern landrovers are balls. It's takes talent to be less reliable than Jeep. But they've done it. Year after year. I'm surprised the brand is still around.

Sponsored

Corsair

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OK ? I surrender. You got me there on the Bronco in the military. I've seen a lot in civilian use though Airports, Municipal depts., Fire Fighters, etc. But just in case you didn' t know ……..

Ford did build the first JEEPs for the military along with Willys after the Bantam design which was created in Butler PA. Willys took over sole manufacturing a few years after the war started, then trademarked it later, think in the 50's. LONG before Land Rover buddy. In fact if I was like you I should stress the point that Ford was the FIRST to mass produce but I'm not a bragger. :)
https://oppositelock.kinja.com/that-time-ford-made-broncos-for-the-us-military-1550411552

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided