Sponsored

The Case for Waiting Out Delay for Reserved Bronco in Spite of Disappointment and Frustration from Ford

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Do you have a 2 door or 4 door reserved? I strongly feel that those getting that badass 2 door will get deliveries rather quickly due to a low take rate, but more enthusiast focus. Basically the line is shorter; this is just a theory.

I have a 2 door Badlands reserved and will get the 2.7 and Sasquatch.
2 door basic with the hopes of squatching it out
Sponsored

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Nothing to do with sour grapes, some of us timed purchasing a vehicle with the release and the hopes of a spring time 2021 bronco
Not a 2022 sometime bronco.
Would love to “wait it” out but I don’t have the luxury when my leased car is up and I’m without a new ride..
Can't you just buy a beater? You should see what i drive back and forth to work.

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can't you just buy a beater? You should see what i drive back and forth to work.
I have the option of using my sons car since he will be away at college but he would need it back by June 2021, so that gives me some time depending on when I build would be complete...
I wish I would’ve never leased but I did, I could see about extending the lease but I really am hesitant to dump anymore money into a lease

bek

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The hybrid will likely come, but as a wheeler, I don't want that type of tech on the trail while I'm out of cell phone range with the nearest town 40 miles out.
Heh. I hate to break it to ya, but the Bronco is a techy vehicle. This ain't no Jeep JK with 20 year old tech inside. :)

Sponsored

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have the option of using my sons car since he will be away at college but he would need it back by June 2021, so that gives me some time depending on when I build would be complete...
I wish I would’ve never leased but I did, I could see about extending the lease but I really am hesitant to dump anymore money into a lease
Depending on when you put your reserve in, that might get you there.

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

A lot of sour grapes. I can understand your frustration, but when i hear "i think i'm just gonna settle for a Jeep/4 Runner" because you can't wait, then i have to question how much you really want a Bronco. This thing is gonna be a beauty, and if you really want/wanted it but settled for something else, i'm thinking you're gonna regret it. Do whatcha gotta do...
Been there done that. Already own Trd Pro and Rubicon. Great vehicles, but Bronco or Bust for me. All in as few more months are no big deal for me.
20200330_204800.jpg

tyrobronco

Badlands
First Name
CC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco,2017 Ford Fusion Energi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

But if the option is "put money into the lease" or "buy something else" - you are spending money on something you don't really want either way.

Getting to June 2021 (and then you and son can share as needed - like him driving you to work) sounds like a solid plan. A lot changes in a year - and it may turn out all the people who were "yes, I'm reserving one" will change their minds for various reasons and shorten the wait.

Reading the comments on this site, TBN, and Facebook - there are a TON of people who have no control over their finances and will never be able to afford a new car of any type. Give them a year and I think the landscape will be different.

Many will also be distracted by the 'new shiny' that will come out between August and December (5 months!) before you have to make your "final decision".

OP
OP
MadMan4BamaNATL

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Heh. I hate to break it to ya, but the Bronco is a techy vehicle. This ain't no Jeep JK with 20 year old tech inside. :)
No, you're indeed correct there, but the sway disconnect is hydrolic, so you can likely rig something there. The lockers are also electronic, but both likely won't fail at the same time, you can still drive the vehicle if you lose one, plus you still have grippy mud terrain tires to help pull you through. I'll also have a winch, MaxTraxx, snatch rope, etc.

My concern with a hybrid is that battery connector wiggling loose from bouncing and banging constantly. High voltage batteries are dangerous and I'm no engineer.

However, should I ever have that damn 12 inch infotainment screen fail, I'm gonna cry bloody murder, whine, cry, and throw a tantrum in front of everyone! Ford better have that screen armor plated damn it!

OP
OP
MadMan4BamaNATL

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Been there done that. Already own Trd Pro and Rubicon. Great vehicles, but Bronco or Bust for me. All in as few more months are no big deal for me.
Ford Bronco The Case for Waiting Out Delay for Reserved Bronco in Spite of Disappointment and Frustration from Ford 20200330_204800
Vintage buddy, you and I are gonna go wheelin up in Black Mountain a year from now. Don't you try hiding from me none neither! :ROFLMAO:

Sponsored

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Hi Folks, It's late July 2020 and everyone is enduring a lot in the year that just keeps on giving. On top of that, At some point between July 23-24, rumors began swirling that due to overwhelming popularity, buzz, and the fact that during the pandemic "what else do we have to focus on?" the 2021 Ford Bronco deliveries could be delayed from early Spring 2021, on into Summer 2021, and some deliveries into 2022! WTF? :oops: o_O:mad:?

Of course this is terrible news. Many have waited for the rebirth of Bronco for over a decade. There are true Ford guys (both good men and women), who have been loyal and downright rabid for the brand for decades, old timers who've been loyal to Bronco and still own or restore and mod them who have awaited the chance to drive a Bronco that fulfills their dreams of the ultimate Bronco.

Well, Ford did it. Not only has the Bronco finally been reborn, but it has met or exceeded our expectations. What we have is a true off road and desert bomber, rock crawler, trail runner, and exhibitionist (cause she goes topless! And the doors come off! The damn doors come off! WHILE TOPLESS!!!).

Of course, the story couldn't just end there with a happy ending. No, then there's the big pink elephant in the room, it's still a Ford.... Don't get me wrong, no other company had the balls to attempt something so daring, even Ford. Say this because I bet the Bronco Sport, capable as it may be, was the first horse out of the stable (see that there? Ha!) and the bean counters all agreed "it'll ride". However, something magical happened and Ford decided to listen to the often foolishly ignored voices, the enthusiast crowd. The guys and gals who like to get dirty, muddy, sandy, camp outside, shit in the woods, skinny dip in the streams, get to close to bears and bison (stupid, but whatever!), and look at mud on a vehicle as a status symbol. Did I mention there's a manual?!!! Yep, these folk are often taken for granted, but not this time.

Thank you Ford for building a true off road world class gasoline powered vehicle which may prove to be the absolute last of its breed until the electrics take over. (No issue with electrics, but MERICA!)

No Ford didn't deliver on everything. Sure there's a manual, but not on the most extreme off road trim even though these are the exact people most likely to actually want to buy the damn thing. SMH. They also didn't put in a V8, (although I'd argue that they may not need too, plus that would seriously limit range on the trail requiring carrying more jerry cans, but I'm not going to arm wrassle the guy who argues for it, just sayin), and there are no seat coolers (not my request, but swamp ass does suck).

Thanks for staying with me thus far, maybe, but the point of this rant is to say this; we're this close to vehicular nirvana. All of us, and we'll get there together. Well, at some point within the next couple of years... maybe.

Please don't bail on Bronco yet. No, Ford isn't perfect, they still wet the bed on a regular basis, but they are learning and listening. Most auto manufacturers don't listen to us at all until their sales drop. Ford was proactive here, so I want to applaud and give credit where it's deserved.

When you can see the finish line at the end of a marathon, it's just not cool to bail before crossing. This is hard for me too, but I'm going to keep the faith. So keep saving up, stay active here on the forum, and we will survive this trauma together.

Ford corporate is indeed listening, or reading Bronco6G and they want to deliver, the suits can't afford not to land this launch with all of the new competition on the horizon.

Please share thoughts.
My question to Ford is this. Why in the world would you start production on the Bronco Sport 1st. People have not been sitting around for the last couple of years say please release the Bronco Sport 1st. Ford has plenty of other small and mid sized unibody SUVs currently in production, so no reason the Bronco Sport to roll out 1st or in my opinion have even been made.

This is Just really poor judgment on the marketing and decision making team as far as I'm concerned .

Rednek

Black Diamond
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco BD/2023 Maverick XLT/02 F150/68 Torino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

After seeing a Bronco in the 70's,I've always wanted one but the omly thing to be found these day of the first gen Bronc's is clapped out rust buckets around here,This gives me the opportunity to own classic style and modern functionality.And the biggest plus is my wife is just as excited as me(and up till now all vehicles were just machines to her)I'll be waiting impatiently

PELS82

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I’ve been waiting for years. I can wait another one. I reserved 8 hours after it went live so im sure im not a “week 1” person if they even went in order.

I’ve been car shopping for three years now. Ive passed up FJ’s, Tacoma TRD Pros, etc. waiting for the new Bronco. Im not going to tell anyone what to do with their reservation tho. If you want to cancel then cancel. There’s other nice vehicles out there.

thehermdawg10

Base
First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma, 1985 Toyota Corolla GTS
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I don't need a car for a couple of years as my lease still has plenty of time left on it, my issue is that if I now wait for my Bronco by 2022, by then Toyota will have probably released the AWD turbo GR Corolla hot hatch (its not a normal cross shop, but I'm weird) and I know I would be all over that. For me, it comes down to which car will be available first, cause both have me equally excited.

Nova

Wildtrak
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
velar
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My question to Ford is this. Why in the world would you start production on the Bronco Sport 1st. People have not been sitting around for the last couple of years say please release the Bronco Sport 1st. Ford has plenty of other small and mid sized unibody SUVs currently in production, so no reason the Bronco Sport to roll out 1st or in my opinion have even been made.

This is Just really poor judgment on the marketing and decision making team as far as I'm concerned .
Can't agree more!!! Focus on the real deal and maybe we can be on track...
Sponsored