Sponsored

The Case for Waiting Out Delay for Reserved Bronco in Spite of Disappointment and Frustration from Ford

FLSTFI Dave

Raptor
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Grand Sport, Carbon 65, 2017 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I really do not like the push back time frame. That said I will wait, my F-150 is just fine till I can get the Bronco. It will also give me a bigger down payment. For the most part Ford did this Bronco right, sure I would like to see some things that just aren't available like swaybar Disconnect on the Wildtrak, or manual with the 2.7, or manual with Sasquatch.

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
A lot of sour grapes. I can understand your frustration, but when i hear "i think i'm just gonna settle for a Jeep/4 Runner" because you can't wait, then i have to question how much you really want a Bronco. This thing is gonna be a beauty, and if you really want/wanted it but settled for something else, i'm thinking you're gonna regret it. Do whatcha gotta do...

Last edited:

Zinn

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 2020 Ranger Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
A lot of sour grapes. I can understand your frustration, but when i hear "i think i'm just gonna settle for a Jeep/4 Runner" because you can't wait, then i have to question how much you really want a Bronco. This thing is gonna be a beauty, and if you really want/wanted it but settled for something else, i'm thinking your gonna regret it. Do whatcha gotta do...
Guessing you don’t live in Minnesota. When you get 8+ inches of snow and sometimes go for days without seeing a plow these are real concerns. I can scrape by (literally) in my Mustang for another winter but I just need something bigger and really don’t want to buy a unibody shitbox car on stilts like everyone else.

Sponsored

tyrobronco

Badlands
First Name
CC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco,2017 Ford Fusion Energi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would rather Ford take their time, delays and all, to make the Bronco the best dang vehicle it can be than just cut corners, drop options, simplify - all to "hurry up".

YMMV, of course.

I am not in a position where I NEED a vehicle right now. My F150 is running wonderfully and is 100% paid off (as is the wife's Fusion). So pushing back a month or 5 means that much more money saved and that many more options I can add / larger down payment I can put down.

This vehicle is a must have for me - that is where I am not compromising.

For those who "need" something before 2020 ends (or whenever), I assume it is because your current ride is dying or your lease is expiring - can't you find a temp vehicle to bridge the gap? Used vehicles, sharing vehicles, leasing something - is that not an option? Just wondering.

In the end, anyone who gets their $100 back is only shortening the line for those "behind" them - so thank you and good luck.

I think many will be back a few years from now in something that makes them happy. Win/win for everyone. We all just have to suffer through the entitlement gripes until then.

UncleBuck

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ranger XLT 4.0L - 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am 32 years old and have been interested in a Bronco since I was a kid. My dad had an 85 Jimmy 4x4 that was pretty awesome and is what got me into liking that style of vehicle as a kid. I've looked at a ton of old Broncos over the years and couldn't find the exact one that I wanted or that I could afford. When I finally started to make enough money to buy an old Bronco, I was more in need of spending the cash on a reliable family size DD, not an older fun toy, so I decided to buy a Jeep Rubicon or a 4Runner TRDpro to meet my fun needs and DD needs. I started researching heavily around 2016-2017 and even had the wife on board.... and then Ford said the Bronco was coming back and I put the plans for other vehicles on hold. I tracked the Bronco for three years right up to the launch a few weeks ago. I was stoked, and despite all of the "don't buy a first year new vehicle" I said fuck it and sent in my 100 bucks on a 4-door badlands. Between the proven 2.7L eco boost and the proven 10-Speed auto, I'm only worried about the electronic lockers and sway bar disconnect failing, but everything else will be bullet proof. I am angry that I have to wait a little longer but I've been waiting for so long anyway that another few months won't bother me too much. I'm just hoping to get delivery before the 2021 hunting season begins.

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The delay definitely has me reevaluating my strategy with my current ride but not whether I want a Bronco or not. Trying to figure out how much value my paid off sports car would lose by then putting her thru another winter and year's plus worth of mileage versus selling her now and buying something pretty much fully depreciated that likely won't be worth much less at trade time. In either case, setting aside what I had been paying in payments towards savings on a down payment.

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Guessing you don’t live in Minnesota. When you get 8+ inches of snow and sometimes go for days without seeing a plow these are real concerns. I can scrape by (literally) in my Mustang for another winter but I just need something bigger and really don’t want to buy a unibody shitbox car on stilts like everyone else.
No, but i live in Upstate NY. My mustang hasn't seen a winter though. I leave that up to my 2006 F150, which is on its last leg. The H3 is getting up there in miles too. Hang tough. It may seem a long ways away, but it really isn't.

bek

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Please share thoughts.
"Nirvana" is a strong term, from my perspective. There's also no EV or hybrid model at this time and no power top on any models. I still love the Bronco, but remember... it's still just a vehicle.

Sponsored

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That's my main concern. I need a new vehicle before 2022 and I can't afford to buy something and then take the huge loss to trade once the Bronco hits the dealerships. This will most likely be my last new car. I will probably be buying other cars for my wife later but for me, this is probably it. And yes I know, I'll be sick when I pull up beside a Bronco but I will probably be sitting in a 4X4
Ford F150 anyway.
This is where I’m at, I live on a budget like most of us and I need a car before 2022? Or whenever Ford builds mine, it’s not a matter of “waiting” it out because I am pissed off at Ford it’s because I might need to purchase my next vehicle before 2022 and can’t afford to just trade it off when the bronco finally does arrive!

man if there are such delays why wouldn’t Ford shut down reservations already? Why keep them going, maybe they want to push the timeline to 2023?’

OP
OP
MadMan4BamaNATL

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

"Nirvana" is a strong term, from my perspective. There's also no EV or hybrid model at this time and no power top on any models. I still love the Bronco, but remember... it's still just a vehicle.
Guess it is all a matter of perspective. To me, a Corolla is just a car. I'm a car guy and I like to be outdoors in the woods, up in mountains, in the desert, and off pavement.

To me, Bronco represents vehicular nirvana or at least it has the potential, plus that phrase is something I've coined and kinda like it and is meant as a compliment to Ford.

The hybrid will likely come, but as a wheeler, I don't want that type of tech on the trail while I'm out of cell phone range with the nearest town 40 miles out. Would love the range and fuel economy, but I've done this out in the woods bit long enough to fear complex tech that I likely can't wrench on a trail. Basically if I can't fix it or reinforce it with duct tape, I'm screwed! :)

OP
OP
MadMan4BamaNATL

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is where I’m at, I live on a budget like most of us and I need a car before 2022? Or whenever Ford builds mine, it’s not a matter of “waiting” it out because I am pissed off at Ford it’s because I might need to purchase my next vehicle before 2022 and can’t afford to just trade it off when the bronco finally does arrive!

mans if there are such delays why wouldn’t Ford shut down reservations already? Why keep them going, maybe they want to push the timeline to 2023?’
Do you have a 2 door or 4 door reserved? I strongly feel that those getting that badass 2 door will get deliveries rather quickly due to a low take rate, but more enthusiast focus. Basically the line is shorter; this is just a theory.

I have a 2 door Badlands reserved and will get the 2.7 and Sasquatch.

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A lot of sour grapes. I can understand your frustration, but when i hear "i think i'm just gonna settle for a Jeep/4 Runner" because you can't wait, then i have to question how much you really want a Bronco. This thing is gonna be a beauty, and if you really want/wanted it but settled for something else, i'm thinking you're gonna regret it. Do whatcha gotta do...
Nothing to do with sour grapes, some of us timed purchasing a vehicle with the release and the hopes of a spring time 2021 bronco
Not a 2022 sometime bronco.
Would love to “wait it” out but I don’t have the luxury when my leased car is up and I’m without a new ride..
Sponsored