Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm just hoping Toyota gets off their butt and makes an FJ like they should have on the last go around. I have no expectation, but would sure put my money into one if they did. At this point I'm just looking around to see what I can import at a reasonable price for another fun 2 door. Don't know if I could get a Jimny licensed here or not.
Man, those little Jimny's look like a blast, 35's would look ridiculous on them.
I've always wanted to get a 2dr Nissan Patrol, I believe they're still making 5th gen 2dr models in Morocco and South Africa.
Sponsored

BearPatrol

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
The moredoor people are just weirdos thinking they actually need all that extra space for hauling around things they don't need like "overlanding" gear & children.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Man, those little Jimny's look like a blast, 35's would look ridiculous on them.
I've always wanted to get a 2dr Nissan Patrol, I believe they're still making 5th gen 2dr models in Morocco and South Africa.

Yeah. The ones that looked like a baby D90 were really cool.

OP
OP
RELEGATION BATTLE

RELEGATION BATTLE

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco (2-dr.)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Why do you think they are rethinking their commitment to the 2dr?
My biggest fear is that they feel it’s more trouble than it’s worth, especially if the current take-rate is lower than originally projected.

And the fact that the 2-dr. itself is currently a constraint is tough for me to read—Is it because the 4-dr is so hot that they need to focus on it? Or is it that they have MORE 2-dr orders than they ever imagined getting, so they had to slow their roll?

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
My biggest fear is that they feel it’s more trouble than it’s worth, especially if the current take-rate is lower than originally projected.

And the fact that the 2-dr. itself is currently a constraint is tough for me to read—Is it because the 4-dr is so hot that they need to focus on it? Or is it that they have MORE 2-dr orders than they ever imagined getting, so they had to slow their roll?
The take rate is HIGHER than projected, that's why it's constrained.

Sponsored

ScottyC

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 4 door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I thought about getting a two door.....it is the new "sedan" in the SUV field, but in the end, I got a four door and love it. Besides, nothing spells loner, unibomber type existence like owning a two door Bronco...that ranks right up there with a "standard" cab pickup truck and I already have one of them.

Bob 07064

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 4x4 ranger, '17 edge 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The 4dr Bronco is like the 4dr Charger... just wrong, and yes the 2dr is a selfish vehicle because it lacks space. I couldn't be happier with mine cause it is in keeping with the Bronco legacy... 2 DOORS!

Sponsored

Bigred86

Black Diamond
First Name
Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco, 2016 Harley Davidson Sportster48
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I don't think the 2 door is going anywhere. That being said it all depends on profit margins. If Ford sees it a waste to build because there isn't much profit in it, they will drop it like a hot potato. Look how many automakers killed off their cars (sedans, coupes and hatchbacks). Why build a sedan when you can raise up a hatchback call it a "crossover SUV" and sell it for thousands more then a regular car.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I'm just hoping Toyota gets off their butt and makes an FJ like they should have on the last go around. I have no expectation, but would sure put my money into one if they did. At this point I'm just looking around to see what I can import at a reasonable price for another fun 2 door. Don't know if I could get a Jimny licensed here or not.
American import rules are 25 years old so you can import a '98 or earlier.

Ford Bronco The Future of the 2-Door Bronco? 5571309_carP_l_13

Yamapro

Wildtrak
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The 2 door was somewhere around 30% of sales and that’s with the the restriction on production. I think that Ford is caught off guard with the demand of the 2 door.

GearHd6

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I think Fords mistake with the 2 door was not offering it with a soft top. I think that would have eased the hard top issue. There's a lot of people that buy 2 door Jeeps with a soft top and would have done the same with the Bronco. I really don't get their reasoning for that. Me personally, I don't like soft tops at all but, a lot of people do.

Brsox

Heritage
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
I really hope Ford stays committed to it.

I love mine, and I’d like to get another once they do a refresh in a few years, but I realize the demand may not justify it.

Curious what you folks think…
There's plenty of demand. Does Jeep offer a 2 door Wrangler? There will be a 2 door Bronco. Relax.
Sponsored