First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So when I first saw the Bronco I immediately felt they nailed the design. It’s just so badass! I started looking at the test videos and noticed one thing looking WAY off…the instrument cluster. It’s hideous! From the analog tach to the default view, it just sucked. Then some reviewer/commenter said that it looked like Nintendo64 and that stuck with me big time. Now that jackass lives rent free in my head for every ride. To make matters worse, the Raptor was released with an AMAZING cluster set up. I just assumed that knowing that was out there I would hate my cluster for the life of this vehicle.

Then, I took delivery and started driving it. Turns out, it is well laid out and very usable. It’s like when my wife wears Rothy’s on a day trip knowing a hike is possibly in the cards. They look great but shit for utility. This cluster is not a pair of Rothy’s. It is a trusty pair of boots that get you through what you need but never really look great.

This sentiment was REALLY driven home when I took it off-road for the first time. I hit up a local (to me) trail called Peter’s Mill Run. Great starter trail for anyone looking for one…but I digress. Everything on the clis well laid out and usable. The off-road modes and views are exactly where you need them.

I guess the point of this post is to say that while the cluster doesn’t look great at first, you grow to like it because it gives you what you need. Utility is the name of the game.

Thanks!
Sponsored

GaryB2220

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 4runner, '10 Town & Country
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My only gripe (about the dash) is the analog speedo and digital tach. Should have been reversed for manual transmission owners. It's actually my biggest pet peeve for the entire vehicle. 2nd place goes to carpet in the back of the back seats in MGV washout interior. 3rd place is manual transmission not getting trail turn assist

jehines3

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX350L, Chevrolet Silverado, Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The tach is pretty useless in its current design. The right gauges are usually obscured by the driving hand, other than that yep, a great design (sarcasm intended)

the Bronco really would benefit from a heads up display. The hood already obscures a good chunk of bottom real estate.

Sponsored

helifino16

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger, 2007 FLHTC "Classic"
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm so enamored with everything else, that I hardly notice the Instrument cluster (esp. the redundant Speedo). LOL

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The instrument cluster reminds me of communism. Great on paper, but an utter cluster**k in reality.

Someone designed it in an office and went "this is perfect!" But never had to see it in action.

(This is not meant as a political post. I'm illustrating a point. Sheesh)

Bud2020

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch 2.7 Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco The instrument cluster isn't that bad CCA750D8-47DA-4426-92A1-D19D67B6C680

Sponsored
OP
OP
Taco2Bronco

Taco2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The instrument cluster reminds me of communism. Great on paper, but an utter cluster**k in reality.

Someone designed it in an office and went "this is perfect!" But never had to see it in action.

(This is not meant as a political post. I'm illustrating a point. Sheesh)
Like I said, I felt the exact same way until I took it off-road.

Bronco23

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My biggest complaint is the fuel gauge. It seems like an after thought.

OP
OP
Taco2Bronco

Taco2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well yeah. Obviously.

Ruggles

Big Bend
First Name
Lindsay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 XJ Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I hated the redundant speedo until I traveled to Canada and had a digital kph and analog mph, it was great! I will enjoy it two times a year when we visit family in the great white north, otherwise I wish the analog guage was a tach.
Sponsored