bluemts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

My 6 year old F-150 STX with the "special cloth" seats is holding up quite well... 🤞

Our BD came with MGV standard, so not much choice for us here in AZ. I do notice the seats can be hot, but I don't mind so much. My wife, however, wears short shorts, and occasionally she'll get the hot-seat effect. I mentioned to her that she can get the neoprene seat covers posted earlier in this thread for 27 bucks, and she said, "Nah... no need to spend money on that. I can just use a towel if I need to." For the record, she has yet to stick a towel in there. So it can't be too bad.

I will note that we have tinted windows and a Gear Shade mesh top, and those things help tremendously...
My 2016 F150 cloth seats have held up great!
Sponsored

Surfnbike

First Name
Mahtayo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rivian R1T, Tesla Model Y
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Both my previous F-150's had cloth seats. Both had worn holes in the fabric, drivers side within 5 years of ownership.
My last F150 XLT (a 2018) had charcol/gray cloth seats and they still looked like new when I sold it 5 years later. I wish I had kept that truck...

Surfnbike

First Name
Mahtayo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rivian R1T, Tesla Model Y
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
For some reason, those temperature guns don't work properly on a surface like this. Took this shot at 91 degrees with Bronco in the sun all day. I have tinted windows. My seats weren't even hot to the touch; I could have left my hand there indefinitely.
tempImage0uXQqS.jpg

I took multiple readings. The shaded part read 116.

The takeaway here is to get quality tinted windows (with maximum UV rejection) regardless of your seat material. By the temperature readings, that will reduce your seat temp by up to 50 degrees! 😁
This defies all logic and experience. I've had multiple vehicles with "vegan leather/marine grade vinyl" (which are just a marketing term for plastic) like Tesla Model 3/Ys, R1T, etc, and when they are parked in the sun they fry your cheeks. I can put my bear paw on them all day long and be fine, but when your *** sits on them, yeeeeoww!

OG-Surfdog

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.the65falcon.com
Vehicle(s)
'65 Falcon, '74 TR-6, '13 F150, '21 Mach-E
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Both my previous F-150's had cloth seats. Both had worn holes in the fabric, drivers side within 5 years of ownership.
Maybe I should have stated that the first F-150 STX was new and a 2005 I owned until 2013.
It had wear on the drivers side cloth seat from sliding in and out. It didn't stop me from ordering a New 2013 STX that ended up having a very similar wear pattern on the driver side. Obviously I'm a Ford guy and I loved those F-150's. Just saying. I'm so glad my B.D. has the MGV seats.
And I'm also so happy for the current Bronco Cloth Seat owners. Maybe Ford finally came up with a cloth seat material that will withstand sliding in and out of over the years.
As far as the MGV goes, .... I live in Hawaii. The sun comes out occasionally. No complaints so far about the "hot seat" problem. If the sun has been heating it, it seems to cool of really fast after sitting down to drive.
No tint on windows BTW, never even considered it.

Last edited:

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Californian here with MGV seats.

I have a STEK Ceramic / Graphene 20% tint all around, including a 70% tint on the front windshield. I also use an OEM sunshade, and on days when the truck is parked in 90-100 degree temps for a few hours, I use FordPass to remote start and cool off the cabin for about 10 minutes before I get to the truck.
I don't have to do any of that because I have cloth seats. :)

Sponsored

FreddieLee

Wildtrak
First Name
Freddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Cloth seats or not, I would have done the same. The dash, steering wheel, and instruments, not to mention the driver and passengers, all need protection from heat, infrared light, and UV rays.

Driving in blistering heat, it takes far less to keep the cabin cool with a quality tint.

;)

Base_Squatch33

Black Diamond
First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This is relevant to my interests. We ordered our BB with cloth seats, but our build date of 8/21 means we're getting MGV instead. I was a little miffed about that but now I'm starting to realize that the MGV might actually be a much better option.
Join the 8/21 build week thread! Did you get your window sticker yet?

Clemmy

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang MachE
Your Bronco Model
Base
Living here in AZ, the hot seat is no joke... When we ordered back in 2021, we hit the dealership and between mannequins and other on the lot Bronco's were able to sit in all 3, cloth, MGV and leather back to back. The MGV was scorching hot compared to the other 2 and they were all side by side. It is no exaggeration to say the MGV felt twice as hot as the cloth and 50% hotter than the leather. Wife said immediately, has to be cloth if we ever plan on taking the top off...

Ordered cloth and couldn't be happier. If I lived in Delaware, I wouldn't think twice about having the MGV.
In AZ as well. Took a pass on the “swass” and got cloth seats. Very happy with my decision!

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Cloth seats or not, I would have done the same. The dash, steering wheel, and instruments, not to mention the driver and passengers, all need protection from heat, infrared light, and UV rays.

Driving in blistering heat, it takes far less to keep the cabin cool with a quality tint.

;)
I guess I'm not as concerned protecting everything from heat, infrared light, and UV rays ... because I bought an open top vehicle. ;)

RLTW175

Big Bend
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 F150 Screw (RIP), 23 BB (8/21 build date)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Join the 8/21 build week thread! Did you get your window sticker yet?
No window sticker yet, but the tracker now says "in production". So...yay me?

Sponsored

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Man, if I would have known that cloth seats keep the whole interior cool, I might have gotten them! 😆

The tint keeps the heat out. The seats are just one thing that benefits.

Last edited:

tock13

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda, 66 Honda CT90, ‘94 Toyota Xtra cab
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

This is relevant to my interests. We ordered our BB with cloth seats, but our build date of 8/21 means we're getting MGV instead. I was a little miffed about that but now I'm starting to realize that the MGV might actually be a much better option.
I’m ticked that my big bend is now stuck with MGV. I’m not a fan. I’ve sweated way too many times in the MGV roaster. Plus it’s gonna crack and peel in 5 years guaranteed!

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Man, if I would have known that cloth seats keep the whole interior cool, I might have gotten them! 😆

The tint keeps the heat out. The seats are just thing that benefits.
Along with the special tint and other stuff, maybe you can get some seat coolers ... to help deal with your inferior heat handling seat materials. ;)
Sponsored