rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Obviously Webasto has not had any time to figure that out in the 14 years making Jeeps top.

What? There are 7/13, 7/14, 7/15 orders that are not scheduled yet, meaning they won't be showing up until September at the earliest. If you have a first 2/3 day reservation you are looking at October or November.

The staffing has been normal for almost a year. How is the tooling different for the exact same top in different dimensions? I like all the excuses everyone is coming up with for Ford.

The bottom line is that Ford will sell every Bronco they build, this is not in question. The problem is this Bronco is bringing people who never buy Ford into their clientele mix. They could be adding a ton of new sales of trucks and vans for business nationwide with a good effective efficient launch. Those buying the Bronco and the 992 GT3 the M5 the GT63S the G63. Its a great way to reach those who have and run our economy. What is Ford showing these people? They had a great opportunity to expand their reach.
I mean 2022 not 2021
Sponsored

Looophole

First Edition
First Name
Judy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
While I'm sure it's little solace to those with early reservations and still no VIN, yesterday's announcement was a huge step forward in Bringing Back Bronco. While there is a LOT to be excited about, it's worth tempering our expectations a bit a lot of yesterday's info.

Production:
- MAP is currently pushing out about 125 a shift, and that will swell to 150 a shift by Friday. The next stepped target increase will be 200 per shift, but don't look for them to ramp up to that too quickly. MAP has a sterling reputation for quality and management won't sacrifice that for speed.
- Bronco's body shop (remember that Bronco and Ranger have fully separate body shops that "Y" feed onto one final assembly line) hit over *300* bodies completed during a single shift yesterday, a major milestone in getting the entire operation up to full speed. Body won't be pushing out these numbers consistently until Final Assembly can keep up, but the systems are working.
- With 125,000 reservations converted to orders, we could be looking at late Q2 2022 for completion of reservations as long as no other major constraints pop up. Earlier estimates were mid- to late-Q3.
- There was understandably a lot of enthusiasm yesterday when the early production stats showed 35% of rigs produced up to that point were 2-door models. However, please understand that this ratio was skewed by production of the dealer demo units (many of which were 2 doors). 2-door production will remain constrained by roof issues. See below.

Constraints:
- Roofs. While Tow, Squatch, and Lux packages are running a bit behind demand, the MIC hardtop remains the biggest constraint in getting your rig. Webasto's Plymouth plant is fairly well staffed now with training ongoing, but the pace of MIC tops built by Ford employees (mainly coming from Flat Rock) over their shut down won't be matched for a while. Expect 2 door MIC tops to lag behind 4 door MIC tops for the summer.
- In a bit of good news for the 2-door crowd, the floorpan issue has been addressed to satisfaction.
- I have not heard a completely firm answer on the MY22 mod tops, but it's looking more likely that they'll come out of Plymouth as originally planned instead of trying to get a new supplier moving this late in the game. With Ford's continued presence at that plant, I'm optimistic that this is the better course of action.

The Bronco Brand:
- Conquest results of both Sport sales and Bronco 2/4dr reservations is widely outpacing targets, showing strong proof of concept in the 3-model launch portfolio. Warthog's announcement isn't too far off, and I expect we could see the next member of the Bronco family debut in the next 18 months (even if in concept form).
- The bespoke "Bronco" showroom options - developed by Ford at the request of dealers - will play a part in the brand's second wave of growth as first wave deliveries wrap up. I can't say too much more, but these will be much more than upfitting and accessory displays.

Going Forward:
Things are really moving now. If you're an early reservation holder who didn't defer to MY22 for the mod top, you should be hearing something in the next few weeks of scheduling. If you had an order (mostly 2 doors) pushed from June to July to August, there's hope that you'll be pulled back forward once roof supply picks up a bit. The last wave of delays was more of a "worst case scenario" to avoid even more disappointment. I would expect targets and dates from here on out to be sandbagged a bit in the hope of overdelivering.

Bdisco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘88 911,‘15 Chevy 2500, ‘24 Acura Integra Type S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
A quick clarification: The MIC hard top for the Bronco is a vastly different design consisting of a honeycomb core with thin sheets top and bottom. They are not simple injection molded panels. The manufacturing process is completely different and obviously more complicated.

Additionally, the staffing situation at the Plymouth plant has been *anything* but stable since the doors opened. Plant leadership created a toxic atmosphere that quickly chased out just about any team member who could positively contribute. While many of these problems were covered up by the lack of resin needed to manufacture tops in an appreciable capacity (thanks, COVID!), the plant has been a mess. The biggest output of tops came over the Ford plant shutdowns, when many Ford team members went from Flat Rock and MAP to help produce at Webasto.

Ford essentially took control of the plant a few months ago and have been slowly righting the ship, but we can't overstate just how big of a mess it was: New design, new tooling, toxic management, and major supply chain issues.
May I please point out how everything you're saying is total BS.

I learned on these forums, by highly effective typists, that Ford just has no clue what they are doing, and they are all out to screw us over and this whole thing is a mess because of their incompetence.

Taken a step further, it's likely that Ford transitioned into infectious disease fields and created Corona for the single purpose of screwing over it's dealership network and their customers (that's us).

I mean, yea, Ford has invested somewhere north of $3,000,000,000 to $5,000,000,000 in bringing the Bronco to market, but you need to understand that i've put one HUNDRED dollars on the line here.

Well, not exactly "on the line", obviously. I'm in a zero-risk game where I can get my $100.00 back at any time I wish.

Regardless, i've already made a LOT of posts in these forums, so there is pain and suffering and damages Ford owes me for these delays!

airishfan

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If my 2 year old spent billions and sent out national marketing materials saying he could tie his shoes by a certain date, I would hold him to it.
yep you right ,Ford spent who knows how much on getting the hard tops made and its not like the company making them are new at making them .

Sponsored

mpmcgaughey

Wildtrak
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford F-150, 2022 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Nice to hear 😊 Fingers crossed our September reservation for our 2 door Wildtrak gets built by Q2 2022 🤞🏻

Bdisco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘88 911,‘15 Chevy 2500, ‘24 Acura Integra Type S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I learned on these forums, by highly effective typists, that Ford just has no clue what they are doing, and they are all out to screw us over and this whole thing is a mess because of their incompetence.

Taken a step further, it's likely that Ford transitioned into infectious disease fields and created Corona for the single purpose of screwing over it's dealership network and their customers (that's us).

I mean, yea, Ford has invested somewhere north of $3,000,000,000 to $5,000,000,000 in bringing the Bronco to market, but you need to understand that i've put one HUNDRED dollars on the line here.

Well, not exactly "on the line", obviously. I'm in a zero-risk game where I can get my $100.00 back at any time I wish.

Regardless, i've already made a LOT of posts in these forums, so there is pain and suffering and damages Ford owes me for these delays!
Didn't they offer you a Fordpass Credit Card for your sorrows?

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a July 19 reservation, 4 door base, soft top, squatch, 2.3......wonder when I could expect to get my Bronco....? Just guesses from folks are great!
August 16th, 2023.

TurnerNHooch

Badlands
First Name
Patti
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 YJ & all the F150s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I know, right? This should have been as easily solved as sending a sandwich back when you asked for no mayo.

Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I know, right? This should have been as easily solved as sending a sandwich back when you asked for no mayo.
Oh, I asked for no sandwich, thank you. It sooths my butt here on the forums because off all the butt-hurt.

Ford Bronco The Morning After: Bronco Production News Update and Notes [June 16] tenor[1]

FATHORSE

Big Bend
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nissan
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Leave it to Rick, Never going to give you up. Sarcasm at its finest! lol

BigDeal

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

"With 125,000 reservations converted to orders, we could be looking at late Q2 2022 for completion of reservations as long as no other major constraints pop up. Earlier estimates were mid- to late-Q3."

Did I read this correctly or is this a misprint? Second quarter of 2022 for Reservations?!?!? So if that's the case many will be getting 2022 models then I would assume.

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Nautilus, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

While I'm sure it's little solace to those with early reservations and still no VIN, yesterday's announcement was a huge step forward in Bringing Back Bronco. While there is a LOT to be excited about, it's worth tempering our expectations a bit a lot of yesterday's info.

Production:
- MAP is currently pushing out about 125 a shift, and that will swell to 150 a shift by Friday. The next stepped target increase will be 200 per shift, but don't look for them to ramp up to that too quickly. MAP has a sterling reputation for quality and management won't sacrifice that for speed.
- Bronco's body shop (remember that Bronco and Ranger have fully separate body shops that "Y" feed onto one final assembly line) hit over *300* bodies completed during a single shift yesterday, a major milestone in getting the entire operation up to full speed. Body won't be pushing out these numbers consistently until Final Assembly can keep up, but the systems are working.
- With 125,000 reservations converted to orders, we could be looking at late Q2 2022 for completion of reservations as long as no other major constraints pop up. Earlier estimates were mid- to late-Q3.
- There was understandably a lot of enthusiasm yesterday when the early production stats showed 35% of rigs produced up to that point were 2-door models. However, please understand that this ratio was skewed by production of the dealer demo units (many of which were 2 doors). 2-door production will remain constrained by roof issues. See below.

Constraints:
- Roofs. While Tow, Squatch, and Lux packages are running a bit behind demand, the MIC hardtop remains the biggest constraint in getting your rig. Webasto's Plymouth plant is fairly well staffed now with training ongoing, but the pace of MIC tops built by Ford employees (mainly coming from Flat Rock) over their shut down won't be matched for a while. Expect 2 door MIC tops to lag behind 4 door MIC tops for the summer.
- In a bit of good news for the 2-door crowd, the floorpan issue has been addressed to satisfaction.
- I have not heard a completely firm answer on the MY22 mod tops, but it's looking more likely that they'll come out of Plymouth as originally planned instead of trying to get a new supplier moving this late in the game. With Ford's continued presence at that plant, I'm optimistic that this is the better course of action.

The Bronco Brand:
- Conquest results of both Sport sales and Bronco 2/4dr reservations is widely outpacing targets, showing strong proof of concept in the 3-model launch portfolio. Warthog's announcement isn't too far off, and I expect we could see the next member of the Bronco family debut in the next 18 months (even if in concept form).
- The bespoke "Bronco" showroom options - developed by Ford at the request of dealers - will play a part in the brand's second wave of growth as first wave deliveries wrap up. I can't say too much more, but these will be much more than upfitting and accessory displays.

Going Forward:
Things are really moving now. If you're an early reservation holder who didn't defer to MY22 for the mod top, you should be hearing something in the next few weeks of scheduling. If you had an order (mostly 2 doors) pushed from June to July to August, there's hope that you'll be pulled back forward once roof supply picks up a bit. The last wave of delays was more of a "worst case scenario" to avoid even more disappointment. I would expect targets and dates from here on out to be sandbagged a bit in the hope of overdelivering.
Sponsored