Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

"With 125,000 reservations converted to orders, we could be looking at late Q2 2022 for completion of reservations as long as no other major constraints pop up. Earlier estimates were mid- to late-Q3."

Did I read this correctly or is this a misprint? Second quarter of 2022 for Reservations?!?!? So if that's the case many will be getting 2022 models then I would assume.
Yes only a third of current orders will get a MY21
Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
"With 125,000 reservations converted to orders, we could be looking at late Q2 2022 for completion of reservations as long as no other major constraints pop up. Earlier estimates were mid- to late-Q3."

Did I read this correctly or is this a misprint? Second quarter of 2022 for Reservations?!?!? So if that's the case many will be getting 2022 models then I would assume.
That's 13,8xx units a month using straight-line average for production numbers. Assume it will be at least August 2021 before production is streamlined, and a BIG assumption of no parts constraints, plus the union summer break and normal MY22 plant changes.

Yea, it's not actually that hard to get to Q2 2022 once you noodle out the schedule in your noodle-ator.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

theserg

Big Bend
First Name
Sergey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Yes only a third of current orders will get a MY21
I surely hope majority of reservation holders receive their Broncos before dealerships begin to sell in-house. I would definitely be a bit salty having Jimmy pull up in one saying he bought it at so and so dealership in September when there are still thousands of individuals waiting on theirs to come in.

BigDeal

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

That's 13,8xx units a month using straight-line average for production numbers. Assume it will be at least August 2021 before production is streamlined, and a BIG assumption of no parts constraints, plus the union summer break and normal MY22 plant changes.

Yea, it's not actually that hard to get to Q2 2022 once you noodle out the schedule in your noodle-ator.
I guess It's pretty much a lottery now. Hope for them to pick your reservation out of the hat and schedule your build.

Sponsored

TurnerNHooch

Badlands
First Name
Patti
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 YJ & all the F150s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I surely hope majority of reservation holders receive their Broncos before dealerships begin to sell in-house. I would definitely be a bit salty having Jimmy pull up in one saying he bought it at so and so dealership in September when there are still thousands of individuals waiting on theirs to come in.
Yes, well if that happens, Ford will have shown itself to be as incompetent as they're being accused of on the daily. And I will eat the crow I would richly deserve.

SnowBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thank you again for all the updates @PREMiERdrum ! As my order has been pushed back a couple times already, I'm hoping you are right and some of us see their orders pushed up earlier.
I'm definitely hoping for this. Lol. I got pushed for the 5th time... This time another 3week to Aug 2nd build week. Started out June 14 build week. Almost 2 months push now. I thought I was safe when I got to 2 build days... July 8th. Then the 6th.... Nope back to built week off and pushed back twice more after that. Badlands 4dr. Mic.

Kniven3

Wildtrak
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I'm definitely hoping for this. Lol. I got pushed for the 5th time... This time another 3week to Aug 2nd build week. Started out June 14 build week. Almost 2 months push now. I thought I was safe when I got to 2 build days... July 8th. Then the 6th.... Nope back to built week off and pushed back twice more after that. Badlands 4dr. Mic.
That's not too bad. Our Ranger was stuck in production for nearly that long just due to the TSB on the door mounted key pad (FYI: That part number has a new TSB on it, if you ordered the keypad on your build it might delay your Bronco further).

Point being; Supply constraints are serious business. So are issues with parts found during production.

When issues can start with the lack of raw materials to make OEM-quality parts, the number of permutations which impact JIT manufacturing of globally sourced parts becomes impacted is an exponential game.

Jamiegla1

Badlands
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soon to be 1st time Bronco owner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So if we are in the 2/3s that are pushed to Q2 2022, surely we will be getting a model year 2022?

And some people that reserve a 2022 in the future will be getting a 2023?

Sponsored

SnowBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's not too bad. Our Ranger was stuck in production for nearly that long just due to the TSB on the door mounted key pad (FYI: That part number has a new TSB on it, if you ordered the keypad on your build it might delay your Bronco further).

Point being; Supply constraints are serious business. So are issues with parts found during production.

When issues can start with the lack of raw materials to make OEM-quality parts, the number of permutations which impact JIT manufacturing of globally sourced parts becomes impacted is an exponential game.
Yeah, I'm taking it in stride LOL. When I first reserved I was just hoping I could get it by my birthday in September so now it looks like it's going to be way closer to getting by my birthday. So I'm still at my original hopes. Haha. Does f up my vacation in mid-august though LOL...

Killed By Death

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M2C
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

probably already been covered in the past 12 pages but what about 2 door soft tops? Seems it would take a great strain off MIC production? If not does anyone know if 2 door painted mod tops are still in the plans for 2022MY?

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
does anyone know if 2 door painted mod tops are still in the plans for 2022MY?
Like Dirty Harry said... "You've got to ask yourself a question: 'do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, punk?"

edgeflyer

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
100% agree. There's a few specific instances where I feel like they could have done better, but the scale and scope of this project is unprecedented from a customer relations standpoint. They've done well, all things considered.

Also, I know Mike gets a lot of heat around here but in my experience he's a solid guy. He "gets" trucks much better than most other Comms suits, and his enthusiasm for the products and what Ford is doing is great.
I really appreciate what you bring to us, but I have to disagree. Ford violated everyone's trust with the allocations and to twist the knife, the priority orders. If those things hadn't happened, they would get a full pass from me.

Regarding Mike, never met him personally and don't care to. I have yet to see him do anything to warrant him being at the level he is at Ford, much less breathing. Sorry, I just can't let it go. He is a horrible representative of Ford and the human race.
Sponsored