Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Awesome intel! Thank you!!!

What is even considered an early reservation? Has Ford defined that or is it really just subjective?
I’m guessing around September is considered early. I’m an mid August reservation holder. So I’m hoping I’m correct lol. Pretty sure reservation went into October
Sponsored

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So as a MY22 reservation ( per Ford) instead of January or February of 22, it most likely will be October-December of 22 before I have the vehicle in my garage. This has to be a nightmare that I am about to wake up from. Amazing,

Well yes, they should build the 21's before starting on the 22's. plus not to mention if someone has a '21 on order and gets pushed to '22, through no fault of their own, then it should be build before some one who CHOOSE to wait till '22. That would just make sense to me. But one never knows what might happen.

If I reserved a '21 and they don't have a MIC top until '22 then I should get mine before the guy who wanted to wait until '22 for a white or MOD top. makes sense ....... yes ?????

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’m guessing around September is considered early. I’m an mid August reservation holder. So I’m hoping I’m correct lol. Pretty sure reservation went into October
It was said earlier that the first 36 hours is what is considered an early res.

jedmisten

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Ford Flex
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
While I'm sure it's little solace to those with early reservations and still no VIN, yesterday's announcement was a huge step forward in Bringing Back Bronco. While there is a LOT to be excited about, it's worth tempering our expectations a bit a lot of yesterday's info.

Production:
- MAP is currently pushing out about 125 a shift, and that will swell to 150 a shift by Friday. The next stepped target increase will be 200 per shift, but don't look for them to ramp up to that too quickly. MAP has a sterling reputation for quality and management won't sacrifice that for speed.
- Bronco's body shop (remember that Bronco and Ranger have fully separate body shops that "Y" feed onto one final assembly line) hit over *300* bodies completed during a single shift yesterday, a major milestone in getting the entire operation up to full speed. Body won't be pushing out these numbers consistently until Final Assembly can keep up, but the systems are working.
- With 125,000 reservations converted to orders, we could be looking at late Q2 2022 for completion of reservations as long as no other major constraints pop up. Earlier estimates were mid- to late-Q3.
- There was understandably a lot of enthusiasm yesterday when the early production stats showed 35% of rigs produced up to that point were 2-door models. However, please understand that this ratio was skewed by production of the dealer demo units (many of which were 2 doors). 2-door production will remain constrained by roof issues. See below.

Constraints:
- Roofs. While Tow, Squatch, and Lux packages are running a bit behind demand, the MIC hardtop remains the biggest constraint in getting your rig. Webasto's Plymouth plant is fairly well staffed now with training ongoing, but the pace of MIC tops built by Ford employees (mainly coming from Flat Rock) over their shut down won't be matched for a while. Expect 2 door MIC tops to lag behind 4 door MIC tops for the summer.
- In a bit of good news for the 2-door crowd, the floorpan issue has been addressed to satisfaction.
- I have not heard a completely firm answer on the MY22 mod tops, but it's looking more likely that they'll come out of Plymouth as originally planned instead of trying to get a new supplier moving this late in the game. With Ford's continued presence at that plant, I'm optimistic that this is the better course of action.

The Bronco Brand:
- Conquest results of both Sport sales and Bronco 2/4dr reservations is widely outpacing targets, showing strong proof of concept in the 3-model launch portfolio. Warthog's announcement isn't too far off, and I expect we could see the next member of the Bronco family debut in the next 18 months (even if in concept form).
- The bespoke "Bronco" showroom options - developed by Ford at the request of dealers - will play a part in the brand's second wave of growth as first wave deliveries wrap up. I can't say too much more, but these will be much more than upfitting and accessory displays.

Going Forward:
Things are really moving now. If you're an early reservation holder who didn't defer to MY22 for the mod top, you should be hearing something in the next few weeks of scheduling. If you had an order (mostly 2 doors) pushed from June to July to August, there's hope that you'll be pulled back forward once roof supply picks up a bit. The last wave of delays was more of a "worst case scenario" to avoid even more disappointment. I would expect targets and dates from here on out to be sandbagged a bit in the hope of overdelivering.
Thank you for the update! It’s nice to hear and see that Broncos are being built. How early would be an early registration? I am a day two reservation holder that didn’t opt for a mod top, and I am in my dealer’s allocation. Do you think I will have a good chance at a MY21?

Sponsored

jqgil

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SLK, Prius, Sienna
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Killer G2 Ross

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Appreciate the info, but will never understand why Ford didn't get the soft top option for the two-door out to avoid all this. Seems like a lot of arrogance that isn't helping the already bad situation is rolling down from the top.

King_Bronco0327

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Mine never shifted from 6/21. Went to "In Production" status and got my sticker tonight as parts are sequenced, scheduled to come off of final assembly next Thursday 6/24.
Shifted from 6/21 to what date?
because mine was a 6/21 shifted to 7/12 and im crossing my fingers I get shifted back.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Appreciate the info, but will never understand why Ford didn't get the soft top option for the two-door out to avoid all this. Seems like a lot of arrogance that isn't helping the already bad situation is rolling down from the top.
The folding top needs long enough arms and a pivot point mechanism(s) such that it can clear the roll bar. Eyeballing it makes me believe it cannot be done without interference from the rear seats in the two door. There just isn't enough length in the cargo area. That would explain why the practice two door Broncos have those lift off soft roofs.

OP
OP
PREMiERdrum

PREMiERdrum

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Flex, 2016 Explorer, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Shifted from 6/21 to what date?
because mine was a 6/21 shifted to 7/12 and im crossing my fingers I get shifted back.
Sorry, I mean mine never changed. I was given the 6/21 build week back in April with my VIN and it never changed from that. Late Tuesday night I found out I had been assigned a build day of 6/24, and my rig moved to "In Production" status last night which is what generated my sticker.

Sponsored

Dr.Detroit

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford F-150 XLT 150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Sorry, I mean mine never changed. I was given the 6/21 build week back in April with my VIN and it never changed from that. Late Tuesday night I found out I had been assigned a build day of 6/24, and my rig moved to "In Production" status last night which is what generated my sticker.
Mine went from june 7 to july 12...I am certain it was the mic top that did it. Oh well...a month is not going to kill me.

King_Bronco0327

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

That makes sense thank you. So basically until I get my build day, a window sticker wont produce?
probably got a month left.

OP
OP
PREMiERdrum

PREMiERdrum

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Flex, 2016 Explorer, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

That makes sense thank you. So basically until I get my build day, a window sticker wont produce?
probably got a month left.
The sticker generates about a week before your scheduled build day (not build week). This is also when your tracker will switch to "In Production" phase, as the parts are being sequenced for your build.

Once you reach this step there is very, very, very little chance of being bumped again.

The scheduled build day is the day your rig is scheduled to come off of final assembly.

Beachin 74

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, 2015 F-150, 2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Well yes, they should build the 21's before starting on the 22's. plus not to mention if someone has a '21 on order and gets pushed to '22, through no fault of their own, then it should be build before some one who CHOOSE to wait till '22. That would just make sense to me. But one never knows what might happen.

If I reserved a '21 and they don't have a MIC top until '22 then I should get mine before the guy who wanted to wait until '22 for a white or MOD top. makes sense ....... yes ?????
What about the folks who reserved on 7/13/20 when Ford offered a "body color top" and through no fault of their own had to defer to a 2022 to receive the "body color top"?
They reserved a '21 also on the pretense they could get the body color top, but Ford doesn't have a body color top until '22.
Sponsored