Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XC90 Momentum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
chris@pandamotorworks

Please explain the statements below better. I have yet to install mine because you guys are behind on an install video despite making other videos. Why would you make any videos before the install video of this product?

This was posted 8 Days ago about the FAQ's on the power module:

Then you guys dropped the ROUSH intake install video yesterday:

I was also sent install instructions (attached) 5 days ago and there's no difference in the 2.3 and 2.7 so that begs the question, what have you updated exactly for the 2.7 on install instructions?

My confidence in your brand and your product is starting to waver and considering returning.

"
They stay awake way longer than the 2.3 and unplugging the sensors with power to the car can cause this.

It's something we have updated and ship with every unit now!"

Ford Bronco The Panda Power Module is HERE! A 2.7L Tuning Solution by Panda Motorworks! Screen Shot 2022-01-19 at 9.58.34 AM
Sponsored

Last edited:

ctowna

Badlands
First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XC90 Momentum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Further, why won't you post the dyno run you guys did over a week ago on the 2 door ? You made a video on YouTube and say "we've experienced 15-20% gains from stock" but don't show the dyno? I don't understand the hesitation and delay on that...

chris@pandamotorworks

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F250, 2013 Ford Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
chris@pandamotorworks

Please explain the statements below better. I have yet to install mine because you guys are behind on an install video despite making other videos. Why would you make any videos before the install video of this product?

This was posted 8 Days ago about the FAQ's on the power module:

Then you guys dropped the ROUSH intake install video yesterday:

I was also sent install instructions (attached) 5 days ago and there's no difference in the 2.3 and 2.7 so that begs the question, what have you updated exactly for the 2.7 on install instructions?

My confidence in your brand and your product is starting to waver and considering returning.

"
They stay awake way longer than the 2.3 and unplugging the sensors with power to the car can cause this.

It's something we have updated and ship with every unit now!"

Screen Shot 2022-01-19 at 9.58.34 AM.png

This was posted almost 2 weeks ago :)

secondly the install steps are the same for both 2.3 and 2.7 we recommend having the battery unplugged for both engines.

And as always we have a dedicated support line you can reach by calling 636-614-3100 ext 3 or emailing [email protected] if you are having any issues with the install

Last edited:

chris@pandamotorworks

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Further, why won't you post the dyno run you guys did over a week ago on the 2 door ? You made a video on YouTube and say "we've experienced 15-20% gains from stock" but don't show the dyno? I don't understand the hesitation and delay on that...
We have posted a dyno of the 2.7 in the product description and have completed more dyno runs on our dyno now that we had a chance. We are still working some posts and videos into a schedule we sadly are a small team and do not have enough man power to post multiple items or videos a day!

ctowna

Badlands
First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XC90 Momentum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We have posted a dyno of the 2.7 in the product description and have completed more dyno runs on our dyno now that we had a chance. We are still working some posts and videos into a schedule we sadly are a small team and do not have enough man power to post multiple items or videos a day!
A dyno image can be easily posted or shared in a matter of seconds as compared to posting a video.

Sponsored

ctowna

Badlands
First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XC90 Momentum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

This was posted almost 2 weeks ago :)

secondly the install steps are the same for both 2.3 and 2.7 we recommend having the battery unplugged for both engines.

And as always we have a dedicated support line you can reach by calling 636-614-3100 ext 3 or emailing [email protected] if you are having any issues with the install
I asked to be emailed when the video was posted, you guys did not do that though. Can you please explain these sentences please?

"They stay awake way longer than the 2.3 and unplugging the sensors with power to the car can cause this. It's something we have updated and ship with every unit now!"

chris@pandamotorworks

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I asked to be emailed when the video was posted, you guys did not do that though. Can you please explain these sentences please?

"They stay awake way longer than the 2.3 and unplugging the sensors with power to the car can cause this. It's something we have updated and ship with every unit now!"
I am sorry the video was not emailed I will have to look at that internally.

We updated the instructions with a time dedicated to make sure the battery is disconnected so it will not cause any issues like some early customers have ran into.

Thank you

ctowna

Badlands
First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XC90 Momentum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am sorry the video was not emailed I will have to look at that internally.

We updated the instructions with a time dedicated to make sure the battery is disconnected so it will not cause any issues like some early customers have ran into.

Thank you
Appreciate the clarification here. The way I read it, it could insinuate you've updated the actual product..

ctowna

Badlands
First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XC90 Momentum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I bit the bullet and decided to do the 2.7L plug swap and power module install yesterday. Here's my comments for anyone on the fence about this unit...

1) The power module install is incredibly simple. Truly at 5 minute job. The hardest part is making sure you put the plugs in correctly... I haven't tried to interface with the app yet so there's def. more to do for full functionally; however, I'm optimistic.

2) Torque specs on the 2.7 plugs are the same as 2.3 (133 inch pounds). You won't find this , easily, anywhere on the interwebs right now.

2) The spark plug replacement process on the 2.7 is different enough than that of the 2.3 to necessitate a video from Panda Motorworks. I can tell you this after battling with two specific issues:

a) On the passenger side, on the middle coil pack there is a white / light grey wire clip that is SCREWED on to the coil pack bolt. I tried prying it off like the other clips that hold wiring bundles and it would not come off. The solution is to cut the zip tie off the wiring bundle allowing you to unscrew the clip. Save yourself the headache like I encountered and just cut it, and unscrew it. You'll need a replacement zip tie when you go to reinstall. What sucks is there's NO videos our other guides on the internet right now to help you figure this out.

b) Similarly, there's another odd wire clip that is challenging to pop off on the coil pack on the drivers side closest to the firewall. This is another clip that has a zip tie on the wiring harness that makes it difficult to pry off. It's NOT a threaded piece but I was having trouble prying it off safely with all of the wiring in this area.

Again, I cut the zip to make it easier to work with and pry off. while you can't thread a zip tie through this piece like the one mentioned in "a", you can clip off the entirety of the zip tie and retain the "buckle" on the wire clip and use a new zip tie to clamp down the wires. You may not have as hard of a time as I did, but this accelerated the process of getting it off safely for me. Again, another reason for having a 2.7 plug replacement video.

3) I'm running Map 5 right now before I go to 6 and 7. I can tell in Map 5 there is a noticeable difference, but hard to say what percentage over stock. No limp mode issues or otherwise experienced like another forum member.

4) I've been uber critical of Panda Motorworks regarding the rollout of this product because, overall, I feel like they rushed this product without investing the necessary time on install instructions (video and/or paper) for the power module or the 2.7 spark plug change instructions.

Yes, they're a small business; however, what I feel that really means is that they should have delayed the release of the product. They didn't do that, but they also didn't timely contact customers once the instructions were released / made to make sure people had the right information in hand. Not everyone is on Bronco6g forums that is buying this product or checking this thread constantly....

Additionally, I provided explicit feedback to Panda Motorworks through this forum and through an e-mail survey they sent me which contained many of the comments I'm posting above. No contact... nothing from Panda Motorworks. It wasn't until I reached out about specific 2.7 plug torque pecs did I get the power module instructions sent to me last week.

5) I think Panda Motorworks has historically been a highly rated company (based on my own due diligence) but they just dropped the ball on this particular product roll out for the early adopters. I appreciated having the product early, but without the proper installation guidance, I wasn't about to start messing with my powertrain.

Sponsored

chris@pandamotorworks

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I bit the bullet and decided to do the 2.7L plug swap and power module install yesterday. Here's my comments for anyone on the fence about this unit...

1) The power module install is incredibly simple. Truly at 5 minute job. The hardest part is making sure you put the plugs in correctly... I haven't tried to interface with the app yet so there's def. more to do for full functionally; however, I'm optimistic.

2) Torque specs on the 2.7 plugs are the same as 2.3 (133 inch pounds). You won't find this , easily, anywhere on the interwebs right now.

2) The spark plug replacement process on the 2.7 is different enough than that of the 2.3 to necessitate a video from Panda Motorworks. I can tell you this after battling with two specific issues:

a) On the passenger side, on the middle coil pack there is a white / light grey wire clip that is SCREWED on to the coil pack bolt. I tried prying it off like the other clips that hold wiring bundles and it would not come off. The solution is to cut the zip tie off the wiring bundle allowing you to unscrew the clip. Save yourself the headache like I encountered and just cut it, and unscrew it. You'll need a replacement zip tie when you go to reinstall. What sucks is there's NO videos our other guides on the internet right now to help you figure this out.

b) Similarly, there's another odd wire clip that is challenging to pop off on the coil pack on the drivers side closest to the firewall. This is another clip that has a zip tie on the wiring harness that makes it difficult to pry off. It's NOT a threaded piece but I was having trouble prying it off safely with all of the wiring in this area.

Again, I cut the zip to make it easier to work with and pry off. while you can't thread a zip tie through this piece like the one mentioned in "a", you can clip off the entirety of the zip tie and retain the "buckle" on the wire clip and use a new zip tie to clamp down the wires. You may not have as hard of a time as I did, but this accelerated the process of getting it off safely for me. Again, another reason for having a 2.7 plug replacement video.

3) I'm running Map 5 right now before I go to 6 and 7. I can tell in Map 5 there is a noticeable difference, but hard to say what percentage over stock. No limp mode issues or otherwise experienced like another forum member.

4) I've been uber critical of Panda Motorworks regarding the rollout of this product because, overall, I feel like they rushed this product without investing the necessary time on install instructions (video and/or paper) for the power module or the 2.7 spark plug change instructions.

Yes, they're a small business; however, what I feel that really means is that they should have delayed the release of the product. They didn't do that, but they also didn't timely contact customers once the instructions were released / made to make sure people had the right information in hand. Not everyone is on Bronco6g forums that is buying this product or checking this thread constantly....

Additionally, I provided explicit feedback to Panda Motorworks through this forum and through an e-mail survey they sent me which contained many of the comments I'm posting above. No contact... nothing from Panda Motorworks. It wasn't until I reached out about specific 2.7 plug torque pecs did I get the power module instructions sent to me last week.

5) I think Panda Motorworks has historically been a highly rated company (based on my own due diligence) but they just dropped the ball on this particular product roll out for the early adopters. I appreciated having the product early, but without the proper installation guidance, I wasn't about to start messing with my powertrain.

The release was not as smooth as we would have liked it for our customers but we learned a lot with you all. This is the first time releasing something this big and doing it around 2 holidays was probably not the best idea esp during a supply chain crisis. We had one module up until shipping to keep remapping and try to shoot all the videos and content you needed which ended up causing more delays and issues. (we wont do that again) I can promise you one thing that was not over looked and that was the R&D for both the 2.3 & 2.7!

We appreciate the support and positive feedback so far!

emaier

Outer Banks
First Name
eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 Laramie
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have had my bronco for about 3 weeks and theirs been a bunch of automatic software updates, which got me thinking.

Can Fords software Power-Up automatic updates detect or interferer with the Panda power module?

Eric L

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST, 2017 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for that write up. I've had the module for several weeks now but I'm not looking forward to the plug replacement so I've been procrastinating. I just need to get it done this weekend.

ctowna

Badlands
First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XC90 Momentum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Please comment when you bump it up to 6 and 7, I'm looking forward to this.
Bumped it up to Map 6 today from 5 and there's even more there. I'm strongly considering finding a dyno (because...again, PM is being cagey about releasing their own results despite the fact it takes mere seconds to post up a dyno). I've put out a bat signal to look for a dynojet in DFW and will be more than happy to share with everyone.

chris@pandamotorworks

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Bumped it up to Map 6 today from 5 and there's even more there. I'm strongly considering finding a dyno (because...again, PM is being cagey about releasing their own results despite the fact it takes mere seconds to post up a dyno). I've put out a bat signal to look for a dynojet in DFW and will be more than happy to share with everyone.
Like I mentioned above we are not being cagey at all. This is all on a planner with our 2 person marketing team. We do not just work on one car but many different models and have to split time I am sorry our scheduling is not meeting your timeline. When we release results we like to type up the benefits and where the power will be felt most so it is not a 2 second post and takes some time between the Tuner & Marketing to finalize the post.

But with that said if you look at the first page on here you will see we have a graph with a test unit on a Mustang Dyno vs our in house dyno so we already knew the gains and results that would come from this unit. We just like confirming them in house and explaining the factors once we analyze the data as well
Sponsored