Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford confirms it will ship new Bronco hardtops, Broncos this week :love:
Phoebe Wall Howard
Detroit Free Press

Ford Motor Co. will start shipping this week thousands of new hardtop roofs to dealers waiting to replace the faulty ones on 2021 Broncos already delivered, the Free Press has learned.

Also, Ford will be installing the new tops in 2021 Broncos that have been held back, then shipping those vehicles immediately.

"Testing has been completed," said Mark Grueber, Ford Bronco marketing manager, told the Free Press on Tuesday. "We're ramping up production of the new roof and waiting for those units."

Customers should call their dealers to make arrangements.

Three weeks ago, Ford announced that it would replace all 2021 Bronco hardtops for customers and dealers after extreme water and humidity changed their appearance.

In addition, Ford held its massive supply of non-delivered vehicles in large lots as the manufacturing process evolved.

In early July, the Free Press first reported that the Webasto hardtop problems were disrupting production and delivery of a product the began with 125,000 orders.

Ford began shipping the hot new SUV from its Michigan Assembly Plant in Wayne in mid-June. A combination of the chip shortage, COVID-19 challenges and supply chain issues combined with a manufacturing problem to create a high-profile headache.

"We’ve started the roof replacements on the hardtop. We’ll be continuing to ramp that up to replace the roofs on vehicles currently being held needing the new roof," Grueber told the Free Press. "Shortly, we’ll be starting to send the new roofs out to dealers for those vehicles that have already been delivered. We expect to be shipping the roofs and the Broncos with the new roofs within the week."

The only delay now, he said, is the time it takes to run all Broncos that have been sitting awhile through comprehensive inspection.

"We'll do a water test on the new roof as well," Grueber said. "We'll make sure they're ready for sale."

Contact Phoebe Wall Howard at 313-222-6512 or[email protected].Follow her on Twitter@phoebesaid. Read more on Ford and sign up for our autos newsletter.
Sponsored

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

were they doing a water test on the previous rev of the MIC top before shipping?

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

were they doing a water test on the previous rev of the MIC top before shipping?
I honestly don't know. "water test" could be checking for leaks... or it could be to make sure the edges are properly rolled off so water does not find its way into the honeycomb texture/cardboard on the inside causing the structure to fail.

SamG

Black Diamond
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hi John,

Can you provide more context on what I'm seeing here? It shows "Shipped est 07 days" but 9/21 to you guys. My previous email from Ford said 9/15-9/21 to get to you. Is that 7 days the number of days until it ships or how long in transit? Can you all see more info in the dealer system? My order number is 9002. Asking here since I assume a lot of folks are going to be obsessing over the "pizza tracker" like I am.

Thanks!

1631024248283.png
you could be me...

I mean what in the hell is mine?? I show a time line, yet no delivery and somehow I am still in production? but mine also shows built on 9/1..

Ford Bronco The Plan & Offer - Stephens Auto Center's Mid Atlantic Bronco Connection 1631040663170

Mpatient1

Black Diamond
First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BD CO/MID, 2006 mustang pony package
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It's not a guaranteed $1000, it's "up to" $1000 and it's a reimbursement program by Ford. We're going to need some time to think this through. While we want something substantial for our customers, we also cannot be left on the hook for the costs, considering we're already giving you folks "under invoice" pricing on the Broncos. This is the same reason we did not send out "goodie bags". We're working entirely too close to margin for any added bells and whistles.

/john

(y) I asked because I have more trust Y'all will give a straight accounting of how this program works out.

Sponsored
OP
OP
StephensAutoCenter

StephensAutoCenter

First Edition
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Everything Ford, Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep and Ram
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Hi John,

Can you provide more context on what I'm seeing here? It shows "Shipped est 07 days" but 9/21 to you guys. My previous email from Ford said 9/15-9/21 to get to you. Is that 7 days the number of days until it ships or how long in transit? Can you all see more info in the dealer system? My order number is 9002. Asking here since I assume a lot of folks are going to be obsessing over the "pizza tracker" like I am.

Thanks!

Ford Bronco The Plan & Offer - Stephens Auto Center's Mid Atlantic Bronco Connection 1631040663170

Your guess is as good as ours. We've seen similar that show up the next day and some that wait a week or two. We cannot see more info in the dealer system.

/john

OP
OP
StephensAutoCenter

StephensAutoCenter

First Edition
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

For info about your particular build or delivery, please contact me directly through email. Forums such as this, aren't the place to ask specific questions regarding a specific vehicle or delivery, reason being, I may miss a post, along with, real names aren't used, so I have nothing to refer back to.

Thanks,

/john ([email protected])

Peter Gosenya

Badlands
First Name
Gabe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

John
When will you be notified of 22 my allocations? My apologies if this question has been asked and answered.

Tonka Bronka

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, V60 Polestar, 900SS, K1300S, RnineT Racer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Any customers in this thread that have received their Bronco.

roughly how long did it take from your Bronco being built to it being delivered?

mine was built on the 31st - but I have not received an email from ford with delivery timing yet... apparently this is common?
Mine was built on 7/22 and delivered on 7/27.

OP
OP
StephensAutoCenter

StephensAutoCenter

First Edition
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

John
When will you be notified of 22 my allocations? My apologies if this question has been asked and answered.

We have no idea. Ford has said "Q4", so we expect they'll be opening up the 22 order banks after Oct 1.

/john

Sponsored

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

John...how many of your allocations were filled and how many are remaining? I assume that you total allocations for MY21 were cut similar to other dealers.

SamG

Black Diamond
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hi John,

Thanks!

Yo - throw your VIN into this link https://palsapp.com/?fbclid=IwAR2y4AZFx7L8wGGD1mCzjN7-mm1CpHbZF3g7WXWUypfHElSTZwnjcY6ITAE
It will give you shipping info

Holliday

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks @SamG
Not much info for me at palsapp.com other than a freight bill number and "pending" No destination even listed there. I guess I am just waiting for another update from Ford or a call from John and team.
The reason I was digging is that looking at traveling from Durham, NC to Danville, WV on short notice seems a little tricky. Almost no rental cars available in my area for a one-way and flight times are limited to do the trip in one day. If anyone else is traveling from this area to Stephens later this month, shoot me a DM!

OP
OP
StephensAutoCenter

StephensAutoCenter

First Edition
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

John...how many of your allocations were filled and how many are remaining? I assume that you total allocations for MY21 were cut similar to other dealers.
There's been no notification from Ford that our allocations were cut.

We've delivered 19 and there appx 55 in the pipeline. We were allocated 108. We fully expect all 108 to be delivered by the end of the year.

/john

SamG

Black Diamond
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thanks @SamG
Not much info for me at palsapp.com other than a freight bill number and "pending" No destination even listed there. I guess I am just waiting for another update from Ford or a call from John and team.
The reason I was digging is that looking at traveling from Durham, NC to Danville, WV on short notice seems a little tricky. Almost no rental cars available in my area for a one-way and flight times are limited to do the trip in one day. If anyone else is traveling from this area to Stephens later this month, shoot me a DM!
I’ll be coming all the way from Detroit, so I understand the struggles.

Hertz has a random local (non airport) location near me in which you can rent and subsequently take to another hertz location in Charleston.

SAC is willing to pick you up from there
Sponsored