Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just sent out our notification to the 5.

/john
Glad that at least 5 got their notice.
I really thought by dropping the tow package last month, this would be my week.
Seriously thinking about ordering a lower trim and putting a priority 99 on this order. I initially wanted a painted modular hard top anyways.
Sponsored

Last edited:

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think I have been at #16 for a bit.
FYI, don't put to much stock in line placement. Yesterday our group saw the following on our list scheduled: 8, 39, 41, 53, 59, 68, 71, & 77.

Edit. The numbers above represent reservations within the first 48 hours.

Last edited:
OP
OP
StephensAutoCenter

StephensAutoCenter

First Edition
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Everything Ford, Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep and Ram
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

What number you are "in line" with the dealer as determined by Ford's timestamp does matter, right up until you have items on your build that Ford doesn't have in stock at the plant, then you're passed over for a different build without said items.

All but four of the orders I have in the system are within the first 48 hours of reservations opening, two of the four are within the first 72 hours. The other two, and I bet it's a mistake on Ford's ordering system/people for not updating the new reservation, were probably early reservations and had issues with their order/switched to us and the timestamps were not back dated properly.

That being said, I have high confidence that all of my scheduled orders are within the first 72 hours of reservations opening and those orders were scheduled because of commodities, as well as everyone else in the first 72 hours were not scheduled because of commodities.

/john

Last edited:

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
All but four of the orders I have in the system are within the first 48 hours of reservations opening, two of the four are within the first 72 hours
Indeed. To add some context to the numbers I provided, those were all reservations within the first 48hours as well. My point wasn't that timestamp doesn't matter but having a non-constrained build is more important.

Sponsored

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What number you are "in line" with the dealer as determined by Ford's timestamp does matter, right up until you have items on your build that Ford doesn't have in stock at the plant, then you're passed over for a different build without said items.

All but four of the orders I have in the system are within the first 48 hours of reservations opening, two of the four are within the first 72 hours. The other two, and I bet it's a mistake on Ford's ordering system/people for not updating the new reservation, were probably early reservations and had issues with their order/switched to us and the timestamps were not back dated properly.

That being said, I have high confidence that all of my orders are within the first 72 hours of reservations opening and those orders were scheduled because of commodities, as well as everyone else in the first 72 hours were not scheduled because of commodities.

/john
Thanks for everything you guys are doing John. Your posts really help alleviate the frustration that I usually go on about in other threads. I look forward to meeting you all when my ride does make it.

OP
OP
StephensAutoCenter

StephensAutoCenter

First Edition
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Thanks for everything you guys are doing John. Your posts really help alleviate the frustration that I usually go on about in other threads. I look forward to meeting you all when my ride does make it.

Thanks.

For general knowledge to the masses and not pointed at anyone directly....

I think the biggest hurdle for folks to overcome in this entire process is, their consideration of the reservation process and timestamps vs. the commodity constraints.

Many folks will say "....i understand the supply chains issues, i get that, but...." and then go on to include statements that make me think they really don't understand the timestamp issue or, they believe that Ford simply shouldn't build any Broncos if Type X or Y Bronco can't be built.... and that's simply not how business works.

Let's break this down into something very simple....

Let's say there's four different versions of something....

w, x, y, & z.

Ford goes into the list and they do not have the supplies to build w & x, but they can build an unlimited number of y (based on supplies, not plant capacity) and about 25% of the number of z items in their queue then....

w & x won't get built, and....

25% of z will be built, and.....

they'll fill out the remainder that can be built based on plant capacity because y is unlimited by supplies.

It's really that simple and based on my spreadsheet in timestamp order, comparing scheduled to unscheduled, it really looks like that on paper.

I could further delve into exact specifications of each scheduled build vs. each unscheduled build, but that's extremely cumbersome to do if I want true and accurate results across the board. Yes, I could easily put the transmissions, engines, 2d, 4d, hard top or not on the list, but because of how I have to get to the other data, such as paint protection film and towing (which is much more difficult to include) I would be leaving out vital data and leaving out any data is once again, guessing. I am guessing now (an experienced guess mind you) without all that extra work. I prefer to take the guessing without work over the guessing with a WHOLE BUNCH OF WORK. In the end, they're both guesses.

/john

Kludge

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Base
When an order gets picked up for scheduling how long is the lag in seeing updated information on the Ford website?

OP
OP
StephensAutoCenter

StephensAutoCenter

First Edition
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

When an order gets picked up for scheduling how long is the lag in seeing updated information on the Ford website?

Could be a few hours, it could be forever. One never knows.

/john

Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I understand brother. I'm just hoping Zach (at Granger), who's basically a kid compared to me, isn't retired by the time I get my Bronco. :cool: :p

Peter Gosenya

Badlands
First Name
Gabe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks.

For general knowledge to the masses and not pointed at anyone directly....

I think the biggest hurdle for folks to overcome in this entire process is, their consideration of the reservation process and timestamps vs. the commodity constraints.

Many folks will say "....i understand the supply chains issues, i get that, but...." and then go on to include statements that make me think they really don't understand the timestamp issue or, they believe that Ford simply shouldn't build any Broncos if Type X or Y Bronco can't be built.... and that's simply not how business works.

Let's break this down into something very simple....

Let's say there's four different versions of something....

w, x, y, & z.

Ford goes into the list and they do not have the supplies to build w & x, but they can build an unlimited number of y (based on supplies, not plant capacity) and about 25% of the number of z items in their queue then....

w & x won't get built, and....

25% of z will be built, and.....

they'll fill out the remainder that can be built based on plant capacity because y is unlimited by supplies.

It's really that simple and based on my spreadsheet in timestamp order, comparing scheduled to unscheduled, it really looks like that on paper.

I could further delve into exact specifications of each scheduled build vs. each unscheduled build, but that's extremely cumbersome to do if I want true and accurate results across the board. Yes, I could easily put the transmissions, engines, 2d, 4d, hard top or not on the list, but because of how I have to get to the other data, such as paint protection film and towing (which is much more difficult to include) I would be leaving out vital data and leaving out any data is once again, guessing. I am guessing now (an experienced guess mind you) without all that extra work. I prefer to take the guessing without work over the guessing with a WHOLE BUNCH OF WORK. In the end, they're both guesses.

/john
John
I think most everyone here understands this, what is frustrating is someone else, somewhere else with a later reservation gets the EXACT same build delivered. It’s like Ford says we have enough parts to build w&x for these guys over here but not enough to build for you guys over there.

OP
OP
StephensAutoCenter

StephensAutoCenter

First Edition
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

John
I think most everyone here understands this, what is frustrating is someone else, somewhere else with a later reservation gets the EXACT same build delivered. It’s like Ford say we have enough parts to build w&x for these guys over here but not enough to build for you guys over there.

That's the thing about scheduling, I don't believe it happens in parallel, I believe it happens in series, one dealer at a time and if they randomly select dealer order for the scheduling jobs, and someone before you with the exact same build gets scheduled, then by the time they make it to your build/dealer, they're out of that commodity, the "in series" theory makes sense.

There's something like 3200 Ford dealers nation-wide, the chances are very high that there's a dealer getting scheduled before us and an even greater chance, based on the limited array of options that are constrained (while it may seem like a lot of constraints, mathematically speaking it's not a very big number), there's a really good chance that someone else will get the spot.

/john

Peter Gosenya

Badlands
First Name
Gabe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's the thing about scheduling, I don't believe it happens in parallel, I believe it happens in series, one dealer at a time and if they randomly select dealer order for the scheduling jobs, and someone before you with the exact same build gets scheduled, then by the time they make it to your build/dealer, they're out of that commodity, the "in series" theory makes sense.

There's something like 3200 Ford dealers nation-wide, the chances are very high that there's a dealer getting scheduled before us and an even greater chance, based on the limited array of options that are constrained (while it may seem like a lot of constraints, mathematically speaking it's not a very big number), there's a really good chance that someone else will get the spot.

/john
in that case it might as well be random. Obviously they don’t start at the top of the list with the first reservation and see if they have the commodities and if not move down the list to see if they can build the next one regardless of which dealer the order is with. At this rate as long as there is any kind of commodity restraints you could theoretically never get your bronco built because your dealer doesn’t get selected for builds when they have your commodities.

Blackcat

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD BRONCO BASE 2 DOOR M/T
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

John
I think most everyone here understands this, what is frustrating is someone else, somewhere else with a later reservation gets the EXACT same build delivered. It’s like Ford says we have enough parts to build w&x for these guys over here but not enough to build for you guys over there.
That's the magic allocation formula for you. Your reservation timestamp doesn't matter to Ford, it only matters at your dealer.
Sponsored