Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
"It is still a Bronco, after all."

Oh, yeah. Just like the Mach-E is still a Mustang. Since we're in such agreement, I've got a bridge in New York for sale that I'd like to show you.
Sponsored

markregel

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pont Vibe
Your Bronco Model
Base
I had my build all ready to go for ordering, 2-door Badlands, sasquatch, high package....the works. $55.5k out the door. After a thousand questions since submitting my reservation on July 14th and almost as many rebuilds and brand comparisons I asked myself one final and simple question --- Please put your ego in your back pocket for 5 minutes and ask yourself what would be the best 4-wheeler to fit your REAL needs. After a few minutes of thought, and a few tears I must admit, I blurted out "Bronco Sport"!

And there you have it...I have done the unthinkable. Yesterday I marched into my local Ford dealer and ordered a Bronco Sport Badlands (no way I wasn't getting a Badlands!). Fully loaded, $40.1K out the door! (Dealer gave me a $750 discount --- maybe he felt sorry for me).

Funny thing is, I have never felt better about my Bronco choice. I know there are a lot of way more important things going on, but in the little Bronco universe that I have been swirling in of late, it felt like a weight had lifted from my shoulders. Black and white turned to color. I swear I saw a Munchkin yesterday hopping over my backyard fence.

Anyway, I put this out there to help any others that may know what the right choice should be, but think they are alone.

It is still a Bronco, after all.
Congradulations! I don't blame you, the Sport is very attractive and is getting glowing reviews. We don't even know what kind of reviews the "real" Bronco will get once they get their hands on production models they can drive. The Sport with unibody and all independent suspension is likely to handle and ride better on the road, and according to reviews can hold its own offroad in badlands trim. I wish the 4-banger was available on all trims. I'm just not comfortable with a 3, and you can get a base Bronco 4-door for the same price as a Sport Badlands.

talbot

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr BL AMB
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

so are you going to keep both?

kinda like one for the streets and one for the sheets?

but congrats, I like the sport
it has good styling and if it was just a little bigger I'd be back and forth as well

Sponsored

BroncoAgain

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"14 Wrangler JKUR, Ram 2500 6.7 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
When you park it at the mall the sport will blend into the parking lot. The real Bronco will NOT.

markregel

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pont Vibe
Your Bronco Model
Base
"It is still a Bronco, after all."

Oh, yeah. Just like the Mach-E is still a Mustang. Since we're in such agreement, I've got a bridge in New York for sale that I'd like to show you.
What's the point of this argument? If we are really honest none of the new Broncos are "real" if compared to the original. I agree they they should not have called the Mach-E a Mustang, but the Bronco Sport is a SUV with off road capability (in BL trim) and therefore in tune with the original Bronco concept. To Fords credit, the named it "Bronco Sport", not just "Bronco", fair enough.

markregel

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pont Vibe
Your Bronco Model
Base
When you park it at the mall the sport will blend into the parking lot. The real Bronco will NOT.
That might be true at first when Broncos are rare, give it a year or two and nobody will care. Nobody gives Jeeps a 2nd look, even the ones with giant tires because they are common.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

And still only the 2.3?

Sponsored

lrtexasman

Black Diamond
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL traded for 23 Tundra waiting on BD Order
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
for 40k that was a giant mistake
The Bronco Sport is a capable rig. I have seen the videos of it crawling up Hell's Gate. But, with that said, I think within a couple years, and certainly within five years you would have preferred to get a 4 door Bronco Big Bend, auto, signature headlights, hardtop and mid package for 42k. The resale difference is going to huge over your entire length of ownership, from day one to twenty years from now. The Bronco Sport will never be within 2k of value again of the Bronco Big Bend with Auto, signature headlights, hardtop, and mid package. Ten or twenty years from now one will stop depreciating and begin to appreciate and the other will be worth a couple grand.

Last edited:

beachman101

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think within a couple years, and certainly within five years you would have preferred to get a Bronco Big Bend, auto, with hardtop and mid package for 42k. Not to mention what the resale difference is going to be in five years. Ten or twenty years from now one will begin to appreciate and the other will be worth a couple grand.
i just do not see why you would get a bronco sport for 40k

maybe its because everything is getting more expensive but the maximum they should be selling the sports for is 35k full geared out

40 is basically insane and you can get a base

M&M Beer

Outer Banks
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge-F-150 Supercrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Drive the sport for a year then trade it in on your big Bronco

Beachcrawler

Outer Banks
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I know it is not a real Bronco. Can you give me a few days please. It wasn't easy!:cry:
Perhaps change your messaging. Say you decided not to get a Bronco and instead you got a Bronco Sport. It’s still a cool crossover, arguably the coolest.
Sponsored