Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Ford F-150, Honda Clarity
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It’s cool. But still a soft top… and for $4,500 I’ll just unlatch the roof myself lol. But it’s a nifty idea for sure.

imabadbadlands

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands, BMW 3 Series
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm interested - but at the price point - I want to hear what other people say who have touched and used them. I'm curious how the rear window re-attaches.

I'd definitely consider it - but I don't really have an issue with just folding it back. (I don't see any benefit to folding the OEM top all they way back, and prefer to just throw the first fold back and go.

KPLOBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Kristopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler TJ
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I’ve seen this before. With the current top you get 75% “open air experience” by flipping it all the way back, and you get access to the back since it pops up. You then get 90% open air by removing windows and folding back all the way, then 100% by removing with a few bolts.

this thing you get push button for 85% open air, and never get more than that I’m sure it’s a big job to remove it, and you never get good access to the rear storage, also no rear view, it diesnt fold flat really. For $5k, I’ll pass.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm interested - but at the price point - I want to hear what other people say who have touched and used them. I'm curious how the rear window re-attaches.

I'd definitely consider it - but I don't really have an issue with just folding it back. (I don't see any benefit to folding the OEM top all they way back, and prefer to just throw the first fold back and go.
You may not have an issue throwing it back but there are going to be plenty of people who can't.

Sponsored

imabadbadlands

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands, BMW 3 Series
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You may not have an issue throwing it back but there are going to be plenty of people who can't.
Or for sure - my wife can't do it (she has some mobility issues). I just meant that I prefer it just one flip, than the effort it takes to take it all the way back.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We talked to the MyTop people at SEMA in November. They had a Bronco on display with a prototype top (and if I remember correctly, the donor Bronco owner is a member here). They were doing a bit of a redesign on the top so it would collapse more in the down position. They claimed it was quieter than the oem soft top and it definitely had more padding/fabric. We are considering getting one for my wifes BL as either soft or MIC tops are too difficult for here to remove on her own.

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If you have a standard garage, or you park in parking garages, it might not clear if you have the top flipped back to the first position, but it would if it were all the way back in position 2. And it looks cooler all the way back.

But like you, we generally just flip it back and we’re good. We don’t have available garage space, and it lives out in the dust, so we usually don’t bother sliding the windows in and out to put it back all the way. Too much hassle.

Sponsored

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
the rear slant looks to be better than the current 2-door option...look forward to seeing what they come out with for the 'true' bronco :)

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Explorer ST, ‘19 GT350, ‘21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I would be interested if the top was insulated as well.

billybong420

Base
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Legs......
Your Bronco Model
Base

mikec426

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 4dr Sqtch, 20 Triumph Tiger Rally, '04 Yam FZ1
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Well, that back window will look like sh*t pretty quickly...
Yeah, thought the same thing. Hopefully the actual product looks better than the prototype.

It’s not for me, but I’m glad to see more things getting made for the Bronco.

If the BesTop top folded all the way back to rest on the tailgate I’d have one already!

And never forget about your fit in the garage! A friend had a painful reminder recently. Luckily his Bronco was undamaged.

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The cool factor is off the charts. Not crazy about the looks though. That porthole window is odd and the material looks like vinyl. I would love to have a mechanized top, wish someone could work with what is already there.
Sponsored