First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Legs......
Your Bronco Model
Base
That and it's a pain in the ass if the tops down and all of a sudden it does't work and you have to mess with trying to put it back up manually.
ok, so no matter what you can find fault in something, they use window lift motors, been around for a while
Sponsored

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

ok, so no matter what you can find fault in something, they use window lift motors, been around for a while
Yep. I've had convertibles for 30 year and still do (currently an Audi S5) and absolutely hate that they only come with power tops. worst invention ever.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The wavy side window mob will have conniptions with this.

RubiconSasquatch

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BadSquatch, 2021 JLUR, 2008 JK-X, 65 Elco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I like that this is getting made. It’s not for me, but I’m sure many will enjoy it. Now, if someone made a hard top convertible like the Jeep Sky One-touch, I’d be all over it. My rubicon has that roof and while I was skeptical at first, I absolutely love it. You can go from mostly open-air to completely protected from sun, rain, dust, etc in a few seconds, while driving. Operates up to 60mph, can be load bearing, looks like a hard top, and much quieter than a normal soft top. The only downside is that it’s not easy to fully remove or reinstall. Even still, that would be the option for me.

Black Bronco Convertible

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Website
amzn.to
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base

I've had mine since 9/11/2020 and I can't imagine life without it. I came from multiple convertible mustangs and I knew there was no way in hell I was going to go through a dozen steps just to open and close the top. Especially in NYC where the drives are short, and leaving your top down leads to crimes of opportunity. With the mytop, it doesn't matter if it only takes me 5 minutes to drive to the store, I can still enjoy the open air freedom as much as humanly possible.

A lack of powered soft tops was what was holding me back from getting the Wrangler all these decades, but when Jeep announced that they were finally going to release a powered soft top in 2018, I couldn't have been more excited! Until I found out it's a freaking sliding piece of rag for 4k! It was basically a stupid glorified sunroof. I was so mad, because I waited over a year in anticipation, so I wondered if such a soft top even exists for the Wrangler, and that's when I went on google and discovered the mytop.

Now I'm top down year round, and at least once a week during winters when the traffic and sun is just right.

People spend THOUSANDS to make their Jeeps/Bronco's more offroad worthy. I don't mind spending thousands making my Jeep more convertible worthy. I know with my mytop that I'm enjoying the open air more than 99% of owners. People look at me like I'm crazy when I drop my top between rain storms, because they think I went through all the effort to drop the top in the rain

I'm a convertible die hard and will only drive convertibles, so this was well worth the money for me. What other mod brings so much smiles per gallon on a daily basis?

Sponsored

ctandc

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22/23 Bronco, 96 EB Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

To each his own....and granted I have a 2dr Bronco and I installed a Bestop Twill soft top..but how long DOES it take to drop a 4 dr soft top and put it back up?

I actually timed it this morning, because I stole the wife's Bronco to take it to work.

It LITERALLY took me less than a minute - by myself and that includes using the velcro straps for the bars on the Bestop.

Same amount of time to close the top and latch it.

hkbooner

Wildtrak
First Name
Hallie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cactus Grey Wildtrak (4-dr)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I did a quick search on the forum and didnt see anything on this posted so I figured I would ask.
What are your thoughts on this?
Any Jeep owners out there have the Jeep version installed? Thoughts?
https://mytop.us/products/mytop-con...nVMBT0oTgBCTg87xBc-L2TDDHGWJIa2MaAkW_EALw_wcB
Cool concept but that rear window is fugly! Worse than my OEM soft top rear window. Still waiting on aftermarket to catch up and make a hard top with a slant back that isn't 6k without shipping cost...or a soft top with a slant back that can go all the way back like the OEM soft top. I can dream, can't I? :)

Ares

First Name
Fox
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
To each his own....and granted I have a 2dr Bronco and I installed a Bestop Twill soft top..but how long DOES it take to drop a 4 dr soft top and put it back up?

I actually timed it this morning, because I stole the wife's Bronco to take it to work.

It LITERALLY took me less than a minute - by myself and that includes using the velcro straps for the bars on the Bestop.

Same amount of time to close the top and latch it.
I think 1 min is a bit optomistic... first position maybe? not 2nd position.

would be nice to be able to put it up in traffic if it starts to rain.

jalawson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Bronco, ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I like that this is getting made. It’s not for me, but I’m sure many will enjoy it. Now, if someone made a hard top convertible like the Jeep Sky One-touch, I’d be all over it. My rubicon has that roof and while I was skeptical at first, I absolutely love it. You can go from mostly open-air to completely protected from sun, rain, dust, etc in a few seconds, while driving. Operates up to 60mph, can be load bearing, looks like a hard top, and much quieter than a normal soft top. The only downside is that it’s not easy to fully remove or reinstall. Even still, that would be the option for me.
I was thinking the same as you but my research led me to believe the Jeep Sky One-Touch was plagued with quality issues (leaking, mechanical failure, material issues). Is that not true from your experience?

mcinfantry

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was thinking the same as you but my research led me to believe the Jeep Sky One-Touch was plagued with quality issues (leaking, mechanical failure, material issues). Is that not true from your experience?
40,000 miles on a 2020jlu and skytop
My wife has had zero issues on hers
Zero

Sponsored

jalawson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Bronco, ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

40,000 miles on a 2020jlu and skytop
My wife has had zero issues on hers
Zero
Well time to start researching making that happen for the bronco then because that’s my ideal top.