First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Odyssey, 2023 WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You can see another thread on this here https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/anyone-install-jump-seat-in-cargo-area.31999/page-3
But I got the seat from ebay out of an 07ish Yukon/Suburban. In this thread above you can see the anchor kit I used also on ebay. The base is 3/4 plywood wrapped in black carpet held down by the 8 bolts that are used for the tiedown loops. Use large fender washers on all the hardware. You will have to remove the tiedown loops and the plastic floor liner that is held down by those and then you can bolt the base directly to the metal floor. People will debate safety, but keep in mind everyone has a different risk tolerance and this setup is a lot safer than my kids riding in the back seat of my 71 Bronco with lap belts, or them bouncing around in the back cargo area with nothing (which is how we came home from the dealership) haha. That being said I don't recommend it for frequent or regular use. For me it's used irregularly and for short trips.
You got a 3rd row from Yukon — was this because the seat is lower profile / meant for an elevated floor like you often see in a 3rd row? Or was it strictly for convenience / availability?

What I’m wondering is this: would a deleted seat from a 2-door Bronco fit using the same setup/platform as yours? Maybe if I remove the headrest? Then it would also match the rest of my interior.
Sponsored

benratt

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badsquatch, '71, '79, '94 '96 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You got a 3rd row from Yukon — was this because the seat is lower profile / meant for an elevated floor like you often see in a 3rd row? Or was it strictly for convenience / availability?

What I’m wondering is this: would a deleted seat from a 2-door Bronco fit using the same setup/platform as yours? Maybe if I remove the headrest? Then it would also match the rest of my interior.
Not sure on the deleted bronco 2 door seat. I think it'd be too tall unless you removed the mounting bracket, but then you'd have to fab something. The reason I used the Yukon seat is: 1. It's low profile, 2. It's foldable, 3. it's easily removeable, 4. It's got an integrated seatbelt. 5. It's easy to mount anywhere with the aftermarket brackets, 6. It's cheap.

My interior is black and the seat is black so you have to look to notice a difference. The back seats are so tall you really don't see it when opening the back doors.

All that being said is would be cool to figure out how to mount a matching new bronco seat in there.

JJ Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I didn't see this already posted, apologies if I missed it.

Here is a YT video I saw this morning of a two seat bench jump seat for the people who have asked about it.

I have no idea whether this is a good idea but hopefully it helps those that asked.

Taltyman

Raptor
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep wrangler Rubicon, Ford F350, Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I had an early 80's Bronco and put a couple of boat seats in the back. They swiveled and folded down. The kids loved them.

Sponsored

Samsam315

Wildtrak
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Not sure on the deleted bronco 2 door seat. I think it'd be too tall unless you removed the mounting bracket, but then you'd have to fab something. The reason I used the Yukon seat is: 1. It's low profile, 2. It's foldable, 3. it's easily removeable, 4. It's got an integrated seatbelt. 5. It's easy to mount anywhere with the aftermarket brackets, 6. It's cheap.

My interior is black and the seat is black so you have to look to notice a difference. The back seats are so tall you really don't see it when opening the back doors.

All that being said is would be cool to figure out how to mount a matching new bronco seat in there.
I was hoping you could provide details or pictures on how you mounted the seat brackets? I am planning to add a third row and your install is the nicest option. The only issue is that I am uncertain how and what you secured the brackets to inside the Bronco. In the wranglers, we went from the underside with a bracket but with the Bronco the removable cover and storage is in the way.

Any pics or details would be helpful, thanks!

benratt

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was hoping you could provide details or pictures on how you mounted the seat brackets? I am planning to add a third row and your install is the nicest option. The only issue is that I am uncertain how and what you secured the brackets to inside the Bronco. In the wranglers, we went from the underside with a bracket but with the Bronco the removable cover and storage is in the way.

Any pics or details would be helpful, thanks!
First I removed the floor liner by removing the four tiedown loops. Second I cut a piece of three-quarter inch plywood to fit over the entire back. Third laid out were the brackets should go on the plywood and drilled and fasten them. Fourth I remove the brackets covered it in carpet and then reinstalled brackets. Then i attached the plywood to the floor using the threaded holes that were used for the tiedown loops. It’s 8 bolts. Then snap in the seat.

mattymik

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
First I removed the floor liner by removing the four tiedown loops. Second I cut a piece of three-quarter inch plywood to fit over the entire back. Third laid out were the brackets should go on the plywood and drilled and fasten them. Fourth I remove the brackets covered it in carpet and then reinstalled brackets. Then i attached the plywood to the floor using the threaded holes that were used for the tiedown loops. It’s 8 bolts. Then snap in the seat.
How wide is the gap between the rear wheel wells? I'm looking at this seat, and I assume it would fit. I'm looking to cut a similar plywood base / wrapped in carpet as you did. But this would let me put two kiddos in the back if the whole family wants to take a joy ride. And since the younger ones are in pretty intense booster seats, the seats themselves have 3-point straps.

benratt

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How wide is the gap between the rear wheel wells? I'm looking at this seat, and I assume it would fit. I'm looking to cut a similar plywood base / wrapped in carpet as you did. But this would let me put two kiddos in the back if the whole family wants to take a joy ride. And since the younger ones are in pretty intense booster seats, the seats themselves have 3-point straps.
I'll measure it later tonight. I like your idea though

Samsam315

Wildtrak
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Diagram at the bottom right shows 42” width from trim panel to trim panel across cargo area.

BF0158FB-CB40-4D62-B612-BF27CF7EEAC9.png

Sponsored

mattymik

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Diagram at the bottom right shows 42” width from trim panel to trim panel across cargo area.

BF0158FB-CB40-4D62-B612-BF27CF7EEAC9.png
This is fantastic. Thanks!

And now this means I'd like to find a 40-42" folding seat. They call it "Fold and Tumble" apparently, BTW, for anyone else following along here.

Last edited:

GravyTrain

Outer Banks
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR4, 2020 110
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Uhhhhh who are you guys married to? This thread is insane. Zero airbags, zero crash testing for third row safety.

BroncoBarn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I didn't see this already posted, apologies if I missed it.

Here is a YT video I saw this morning of a two seat bench jump seat for the people who have asked about it.

I have no idea whether this is a good idea but hopefully it helps those that asked.

Good thing there are seatbelts to strap those poor kids into the ejection seat their dad secured with ratchet straps. The liability alone…..