Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The 2 door will obviously be a bit more pitchy fore and aft...
However, you'll be sitting almost directly between the wheels, so it won't feel like it is. 🤷🏻
And then there's the looks, breakover, turning circle, sharper handling and the looks 🤪
Sponsored

old goat

Big Bend
First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Now that the Broncos are out, would love to hear people's thoughts on 2dr vs 4dr drivability. Particularly on highways.

One of Ford's test drivers said the 2dr bounces a little on washboard roads.

Any feedback would be great. Might even change my mind to get a 4dr.
I can't think of any vehicle that won't bounce on a wash board road

R.A.N.M.J.

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've driven both. I've driven both on road and off road. In drastically different weather conditions. You're asking for opinions, so here goes:

DISCLAIMER: I am a "2 Door" order holder. I'll be getting a "2 Door" when/if it ever gets built.

Bronco Off Road Pros:
  • Better turn radius. (Compared to 4 door.)
  • More nimble in ruts and water.
  • Better down hill control.
  • Everything else is basically the same.
4 Door Bronco Off Road Pros:
  • Better Break Over Angles. (Compared to Bronco.)
  • More nimble on divots and whoop-dee-doos!
  • Better up hill control.
On Road:
  • There was really no difference in handling.
  • Neither vehicle is bad on road and they make driving feel easy.
Final thoughts:

Get what you want. If you need something to haul your hump trophies, get a 4 door. If don't need a 4 door, just get the Bronco.

Edit: Some clarifications; I drove a Badlands Bronco and a 4 Badlands both on 33's and that's what I used for the above comparison. I did drive a Base Bronco but there wasn't a 4 Door Base around to drive.

The difference between the 30" Steelies and suspension in the Base Bronco vs. the Badlands was night and day. A much smoother ride in on the 33's.

Last edited:

Sponsored

telenerd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Driving a short wheelbase car on icy or snowy roads can be white knuckle sometimes in my opinion. I’ve been there done that. The 4 door would do much better in snow/ice and not feel like a roller skate in the winter. The other down side is the gas tank size of the 2 door. I live at 7200ft and my trails are 9k and higher, my mpg will be lower than EPA numbers and I doubt I will be able to get 300 miles on one tank of gas with Sasquatch and 2.7 in the 2 door.

Reactions: Jak

AMBDBronco

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I've driven both. I've driven both on road and off road. In drastically different weather conditions. You're asking for opinions, so here goes:

DISCLAIMER: I am a 2 Door order holder. I'll be getting a 2 Door when/if it ever gets built.

2 Door Off Road Pros:
  • Better turn radius. (Compared to 4 door.)
  • More nimble in ruts and water.
  • Better down hill control.
4 Door Off Road Pros:
  • Better Break Over Angles. (Compared to 2 door.)
  • More nimble on divots and whoop-dee-doos!
  • Better up hill control.
On Road:
  • There was really no difference in handling.
  • Neither vehicle is bad on road and they make driving feel easy.
Final thoughts:

Get what you want. If you need something to haul your hump trophies, get a 4 door. If don't need a 4 door, just get the Bronco.
HAHAH.. you said "Hump Trophies."

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I could live with that. Looks a bit like a Bronco II.
Of course it looks like a Bronco II;

The Bronco II was a Ranger frame based SUV with a 2.3 4-cylinder or a 2.8 V6, could be had in a manual or an automatic.

Sound familiar? As close to identical to the current Bronco as one can get.

Blue's B6G

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco OB 2-Door V6 Sasquatch AMB High Pack
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It’d be great to hear from people who have driven both though
I own a two-door and can confirm that it bounces much worse than the four-door on washboard roads.

The road up to the Vegas Off Roadeo is not well maintained (it doesn’t look particularly rough but very choppy washboard action) and I was running late so sorta gunning it up that road. My passengers were holding on for dear life even though we were only doing about 15-20 mph. When we got to the gate, we were picked up in a four-door and we were all stunned at the difference. I asked the Ford rep who picked us up in the four-door about it and he laughed saying, ‘The road coming up is less maintained than the roads around base camp, but there is a big difference between the handling of two- and four-door Broncos on these roads.’ I’d say it was a big difference, although I didn’t get to drive a four-door on the exact same portion of the road.

It wasn’t so much of the backend flying up like the reveal vids in the whoops. It’s more like the two-door is just more jittery and vibrates a lot more than a four-door on washboard roads.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Pitpup

Black Diamond
First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford Mustang GT, 2008 Ford Ranger Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

BaseManSquatch

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Now that the Broncos are out, would love to hear people's thoughts on 2dr vs 4dr drivability. Particularly on highways.

Any feedback would be great. Might even change my mind to get a 4dr.

Any time you have a longer wheel base, either a car or a cargo bicycle, it will make the ride less bumpy.

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We're only talking 15.7" difference in wheelbase. In general any vehicle with a longer wheelbase will "handle" better on washboards, but that doesn't mean it will ride better. My F350 CCLB will breeze across washboards near our house at 55mph, my daughter's JK 2dr 30mph is plenty. My F350 will beat you to death in general on the road, her JK is great and won't even feel some of the bumps that my f350 feels. Too many factors involved besides wheelbase.

Username_not_found

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiat 500 Abarth
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If you don't want or need the additional cargo space the four door offers and you're not just trying to get any bronco as soon as possible (4 -door soft-top) there is no mechanical advantage of driveability increase great enough from 2-door to 4-door that would justify switching. 2 door just looks better and is significantly cheaper than the 4 door. If I thought I could get away with the size of the 2-door I'd do it but I need a vehicle that can take me, my wife, our dog, and a week's worth of camping gear and serve as the only vehicle for our household. I gotta go with the additional utility of the 4 door
Sponsored