Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60 & MK5 Jetta TDI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So I'd be plenty happy for lets say the stock rock rails and upgraded bumpers from Ford. But others are looking to upgrade to aftermarket items. Trying to be a bit more financially conscious, what do you think the prices of used oem parts would be going for? i'm starting to think of a 4dr 2.3 7spd Big Bend with rear locker and tow package. Then getting used rock rails and bumpers and hard top for much cheaper than from the dealer.

Here's my guess at things.
- used oem rock rails: $100 or less.
- used oem front bumper: $350
- used oem hard top: $1000
- used oem grill: $100 for badlands/wildtrak models. less for lower.

thoughts on prices and other items?
Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

All depends on what they cost new. I’d say 50% would be a good guess for relatively new takeoffs.

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think Jeep rock rails go for about $100... might be a bit more for the four door.

Bumpers might be in high demand at the beginning so I would bet they're a little more than $350 to start out but that price doesn't sound too bad.

I highly doubt hard tops will be for sale used until the Bronco's move onto their second owners. Two doors come with them and there is no soft top at the moment so there is no market for them (unless upgrading to modular) and not many people will part with them before having a replacement option. This will make pricing interesting. Four door hard tops I don't think will start selling until the next owner decides they don't want what the Bronco was built with.

Grill price will completely depend on how much it is from the factory. @kodiakisland is probably right with most items being about 50% of what the cost is from factory. Obviously if parts are in higher or lower demand this will change.

FourHorses

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently own 6 Fords
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

One mistake I made was on my Harley. I had 6-8k in upgrades I put on and kept all of the original parts instead of selling them off. I thought one day they would help keep the value of the bike up and would be a great selling point. What actually happened though is future buyers didn't care, they wanted the upgrades and I did nothing but lose out on selling them outright and stored them all those years.

Moral of the story, guys sell your takeoffs unless you plan to do a concours restore someday.

So, 50% probably is a good price point on many readily available takeoffs from an individual, but companies like Roush/Steeda/Shelby make money head over heels with their takeoffs. They make the profits on their new parts and profits on the oem takeoffs.

BroncoJeremie

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So I'd be plenty happy for lets say the stock rock rails and upgraded bumpers from Ford. But others are looking to upgrade to aftermarket items. Trying to be a bit more financially conscious, what do you think the prices of used oem parts would be going for? i'm starting to think of a 4dr 2.3 7spd Big Bend with rear locker and tow package. Then getting used rock rails and bumpers and hard top for much cheaper than from the dealer.

Here's my guess at things.
- used oem rock rails: $100 or less.
- used oem front bumper: $350
- used oem hard top: $1000
- used oem grill: $100 for badlands/wildtrak models. less for lower.

thoughts on prices and other items?
Maybe after a few years but no when it comes out it's gonna be expensive like anything OEM

Sponsored

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Oxford White hard tops may command a slightly higher price depending on availability as an option.

BigDaddyRon

Wildtrak
First Name
ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150 Supercrew Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I think Jeep rock rails go for about $100... might be a bit more for the four door.

Bumpers might be in high demand at the beginning so I would bet they're a little more than $350 to start out but that price doesn't sound too bad.

I highly doubt hard tops will be for sale used until the Bronco's move onto their second owners. Two doors come with them and there is no soft top at the moment so there is no market for them (unless upgrading to modular) and not many people will part with them before having a replacement option. This will make pricing interesting. Four door hard tops I don't think will start selling until the next owner decides they don't want what the Bronco was built with.

Grill price will completely depend on how much it is from the factory. @kodiakisland is probably right with most items being about 50% of what the cost is from factory. Obviously if parts are in higher or lower demand this will change.
best top is making a soft top for the 2 and 4 doors.
Sponsored