qwertisk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

When a new car is released or next gen, there’s always people that say they would rather wait for the 2nd year of production to let Ford, in this case, work out the “kinks” from the 1st year car. Is this argument even valid? Does it really even matter if there are “kinks”? What do you think about that reasoning?
Sponsored

aman43

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
if i was in the 2022 camp i would be less worried about "kinks" being worked out than i would be with new engine trims (raptor) and wishes being granted by ford like manual on the 2.7

Thats the only reason i would wait

PR4X4

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler TJ and Toyota Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The Ford reservation site already says mid-2021 for vehicle deliveries. So waiting for 2022 isn't a huge stretch. Where I'm at we probably won't see one until September/October and my guess it will be the the $60k + given we pay about $5,000 for cars than those in the states.

BroncoHooves

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

The Ford reservation site already says mid-2021 for vehicle deliveries. So waiting for 2022 isn't a huge stretch. Where I'm at we probably won't see one until September/October and my guess it will be the the $60k + given we pay about $5,000 for cars than those in the states.
What's sad is on the same Ford page, it says Mid 2021 AND Spring 2021!

Ford Bronco Thoughts on waiting for a 2022 Bronco upYpXHI

Ford Bronco Thoughts on waiting for a 2022 Bronco YLYT6Y4

Sponsored

WildTrak

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
the wait for my 2021 is already killing me and causing me serious anxiety... when I saw your thread title, I nearly had a stroke...

vr00m_vr00m

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Corolla, 93 G20, 87 Bronco II
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I don't think it's unreasonable.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
2022 could get a new color. You never know.

desert_rat

Big Bend
First Name
Leslie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CRV
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

When a new car is released or next gen, there’s always people that say they would rather wait for the 2nd year of production to let Ford, in this case, work out the “kinks” from the 1st year car. Is this argument even valid? Does it really even matter if there are “kinks”? What do you think about that reasoning?
I've heard the same thing, so I'm stressed about making such a big financial decision on a first-year model. but with the first year not coming out until spring or mid 2021, it doesn't seem like much time for Ford to ~work out the kinks~ for model year 2022... unless it also isn't available until spring 2022... idk I'm tired of spending my life waiting for things. No risk, no reward.
also I'm terribly impatient and would be so stressed seeing Broncos on the road while I'm still putting around in my CR-V :/
so that's what is keeping me at the lower trim level (big bend). I figure we'll see how this goes, then when there is hybrid version a few years from now, I'll consider upgrading.

Sponsored

BuckeyeinNV

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Scohin

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I've heard the same thing, so I'm stressed about making such a big financial decision on a first-year model. but with the first year not coming out until spring or mid 2021, it doesn't seem like much time for Ford to ~work out the kinks~ for model year 2022... unless it also isn't available until spring 2022... idk I'm tired of spending my life waiting for things. No risk, no reward.
also I'm terribly impatient and would be so stressed seeing Broncos on the road while I'm still putting around in my CR-V :/
so that's what is keeping me at the lower trim level (big bend). I figure we'll see how this goes, then when there is hybrid version a few years from now, I'll consider upgrading.
Do you worry about not getting a good trade in value, going negative on the equity by upgrading from an ICE to an EV?

jbf19

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 Chevrolet Blazer and 2015 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My interest in the Bronco relates to nostalgia from my teenage years in the '80s. I always loved the convertible Broncos and Blazers (and why I'm getting a MT). I'm now middle aged. I've been waiting long enough. There's no question in my mind about getting a first year model.

desert_rat

Big Bend
First Name
Leslie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CRV
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Do you worry about not getting a good trade in value, going negative on the equity by upgrading from an ICE to an EV?
no, I think the trade-in value will be okay, like I'm told Wranglers retain their value pretty well, so I think it'll be the same for Broncos, barring some major mechanical issue. and if Ford is good on their word about creating/expanding this new Bronco community, there will be demand for them.
and I don't plan to take a significant loan on this Bronco. I'll be trading in my CR-V which is a 2017 and <20k miles

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm in the 2022-2023 camp. Multiple reasons.

-I still have a bit left on my Grand Cherokee
-Kinks getting worked out
-More and different configuration options
-Aftermarket will have really caught up
-Incentives will be available and ADM will be non-existent
-And honesty no color really speaks to me
Sponsored