Sponsored

Thoughts on buying a manual now?

• Thread starter Deleted member 50782
  • Start date
  • Watchers 9

Deleted member 50782

So today I saw an interesting video. Only 18 percent of the population can drive a manual. That told me that 82 percent of the buyers market is now out of the picture. I wonder what kind of pricing could I expect on a rig some one ordered and didn't get it or ordered a manual by mistake? Hmmm
Sponsored

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would not expect any special pricing. There are in short supply and you cannot even currently order a manual.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Good luck

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
The people that want a manual won't accept anything else. That balances with the smaller market of those people.
This. Take a look at prices for a 5-10 year old used Mustang. Stick Shifts cost more because if someone wants the stick they simply won't consider the auto.

You can put me in that camp. I ordered mine with a stick. No stick, and I never even would have considered buying one.

Sponsored

Bronccraig

Big Bend
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Challenger RT Hemi Orange
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Search around at dealersā€¦I saw this ā€˜usedā€™ 3k miles base MT sas for $43k on carmax while checking out their updated app..i have a BB base but 43k for a sas barely used 2023 is a great deal considering a new one is $44k on fords site..I have had good luck with my MT and avg just about 19.5 mpg on a 400 mile trip this week ) in the land of the sun in fla Good Luck

D4A5E04D-CA21-4834-A7C5-58EFCCA2AE67.jpeg

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A factor you left out is that out of the 82% that canā€™t drive a manual, how many of them would even consider a Bronco of any kind?

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
This. Take a look at prices for a 5-10 year old used Mustang. Stick Shifts cost more because if someone wants the stick they simply won't consider the auto.

You can put me in that camp. I ordered mine with a stick. No stick, and I never even would have considered buying one.
I posted the KBB prices comparing the resale value of Mustangs and Wranglers (5-12? years old), autos vs manuals a while back prices were pretty much the same, with the auto being slightly more expensive.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I posted the KBB prices comparing the resale value of Mustangs and Wranglers (5-12? years old), autos vs manuals a while back prices were pretty much the same, with the auto being slightly more expensive.
look at actual sales sites. Autotrader, Craigslist... Manuals command a premium.

Sponsored

Cased

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
dune buggy
Your Bronco Model
Base
For the life of me I can not figure why Ford did not include the 2.7 manual in the design phase of Bronco

If they would of , I think take numbers would of been different

And on the plus side 4 banger manuals would of been bulletproof

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Mini had a survey of younger drivers not too long ago and most wanted to learn how to drive a manual. Of course this bodes well for Mini since they now offer a manual driving school.

There's been some good responses on the prices of a manual whatever, they're a very niche offering in almost all the manufacturers so the demand is usually even greater.

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For the life of me I can not figure why Ford did not include the 2.7 manual in the design phase of Bronco

If they would of , I think take numbers would of been different

And on the plus side 4 banger manuals would of been bulletproof
The take rate was well over what Ford had expected.

Jakethesnake

Black Diamond
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 GX470. 2002 Suburban. 2016 Subaru Impreza
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Shame only 18percent will get to enjoy shifting their own gears. I realize itā€™s neither the fastest or most efficient method of gear change but itā€™s definitely the most enjoyable.
Sponsored