NatureMan

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yeah, but not the limited edition First Edition. Id be an idiot to pass up on that. Not only that, but at the time you couldn’t even get Sasquatch with manual. And we all know: “Non-Sas is Ass”.
Have you previously owned a BMW?
Sponsored

Eddie_bower

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
92 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
That is not accurate

0319C20A-CBCE-416E-BE35-DC25217BF37B.png
Let me know what it costs once you have lockers or any options. And let me know how reliable it will be, lol.

my base broncoSasquatch was 36k, that’s a 17k difference to start vs the base defender you shared and the defender won’t keep up in any way offroad and will not be as reliable.

If you want a car with a fancy interior, definitely food to look elsewhere. if you want bang for your buck for an offroad vehicle, bronco Makes sense.

stickshifthappy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, 65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
a base defender starts at 65+
A base manual bronco with Sasquatch is 40k.

And if you look At the consumer reports, I believe the defender is even worse than the BRONCO.

stickshifthappy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, 65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Have you previously owned a BMW?

Used to love BMW's especially the pre 90's body style. Had a 525 sport, 5 speed (of course, SEE: avatar).

High beam went out. That should be about a $50 dollar plug, and play module right ?

Noooooooo. $1,200 dealer only repair because those fine engineers over in Bavaria tied the headlights to the odometer. You have to crack the odometer module to replace the high beam module, and only an authorized dealer can crack an odometer apparently. I'm simplifyng the issue a bit, but in what sane world do you engineer anything like that ?

The last (modern) BMW I ever bought or will buy.

Brsox

Heritage
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Let me know what it costs once you have lockers or any options. And let me know how reliable it will be, lol.

my base broncoSasquatch was 36k, that’s a 17k difference to start vs the base defender you shared and the defender won’t keep up in any way offroad and will not be as reliable.

If you want a car with a fancy interior, definitely food to look elsewhere. if you want bang for your buck for an offroad vehicle, bronco Makes sense.
Base sasquach with almost no options is almost $42. Add at least a $5000 ADM and you're at $47K. Base defender has more standard options for $53K. The Defender has one of the best 4wd systems on the market so it will definitely keep up. As far as reliability, Land Rover is not known for reliability. Unfortunately, neither is the Bronco. I'd have to say that the Bronco loses out on the reliability factor. Compare fit, finish and materials, and the Defender is just in another league. Don't get me wrong, I'll purchase my Bronco if Ford can ever figure out how to build it. My production date has been pushed back 5 times and I'm looking at June, at the earliest, if I don't get pushed back further. It'll be a weekend vehicle for me and I'll find a good price on an extended warranty.
Sponsored