First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2-door Badlands Area 51; 2014 Indian Chieftai
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes, yes, yes!!! I have the noise and wouldn't trade my Badlands 2-door manual for two Braptors!!

Bigmatt

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Jeep TJ
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Trying to figure out how 3 pedals is “hard” in stop and go traffic, oh wait I know, laziness… I’ve owned two automatics in my life and I’d rather drive manual any day, any place! Sure modern autos are just as bit as efficient as manual but I don’t care! Give me a manual as long as they’re available. And the noise, never heard it, probably the same people who take the top off and complain about the wind noise….
If you don’t thing the manuals shift like butter then try an AX15, T4/5 or the like. This has the shortest throw and smoothest shifts of any vehicle I’ve owned and I wish I knew how to disable the “bumping” or whatever that gives it gas by itself. I used to think it was cool but it’s annoying as hell now!

sliver93

Badlands
First Name
Sterling
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 2dr 2.3MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I completely agree - the reason I got a bronco is BECAUSE of the manual. I have the noise, but there is just something pure joy about actually engaging with a vehicle like I haven't in years. I LOVE IT - and yes, Ford will eventually figure this out, I'm sure.

Sponsored

skidsteer

Base
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F-150 XLT crew w/2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Trying to figure out how 3 pedals is “hard” in stop and go traffic, oh wait I know, laziness… I’ve owned two automatics in my life and I’d rather drive manual any day, any place! Sure modern autos are just as bit as efficient as manual but I don’t care! Give me a manual as long as they’re available. And the noise, never heard it, probably the same people who take the top off and complain about the wind noise….
If you don’t thing the manuals shift like butter then try an AX15, T4/5 or the like. This has the shortest throw and smoothest shifts of any vehicle I’ve owned and I wish I knew how to disable the “bumping” or whatever that gives it gas by itself. I used to think it was cool but it’s annoying as hell now!
There is a noise and a TSB in-place. 5th and 6th gear synchronizers...even my wife can hear it> Issue is REAL. Maybe ur "lucky" or......

HorizonHunter

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

One year in, no noise, love it

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I love my manual Black Diamond 2 door. I heard the noise yesterday morning but when it warmed up it went away. What is Ford doing about this issue?
Hello there! I can look into this for you. Feel free to send over a private message with your VIN and dealership information at your earliest convenience.

AJKitebrder40

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco Badlands 2D SAS, Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm potentially purchasing my 7MT Badlands SAS tomorrow, I'm on the fence. How the 7MT operates and is to drive is a major deciding factor against my current manual JL (also with a recall).

Quick answer - I've read through a lot of the posts regarding the noise, it sounds like mostly cold weather (I'm in warm weather, garage kept and in the southeast), and it's going to be worked out via a TSB? Has anything been done to recently build 7MT's (Build Date 2/17).

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's funny, when I ordered (Sep '21), there wasn't an manual option AFAIK. Then I heard about it, but was afraid to change my order. I'd have to think about it now if I knew I could and not lose my spot (note: I already have my 10speed bike Badsquatch). It would depend on the mood that day if I went all in on manual

Sponsored

Brsox

Heritage
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
I think we all realize that current Ford quality is bottom of the barrel. Engine problems, transmission problems, leaky roofs, busted front end components.....and on and on and on. I don't expect the quality to be anywhere near my 4Runner. So...if my Bronco ever actually arrives, I think the real question should be.....would you buy a Bronco without an extended warranty? For me, absolutely not. I'll be shopping around for a good price. Probably Granger.

BaseManSquatch

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I think we all realize that current Ford quality is bottom of the barrel. Engine problems, transmission problems, leaky roofs, busted front end components.....and on and on and on. I don't expect the quality to be anywhere near my 4Runner. So...if my Bronco ever actually arrives, I think the real question should be.....would you buy a Bronco without an extended warranty? For me, absolutely not. I'll be shopping around for a good price. Probably Granger.
Yeah I don't get it. I have a 2013 Buick Verano with 68,000 miles on it and ZERO problems. The only thing I have done on that vehicle are new wipers blades (twice) and a new battery. I don't understand how the Bronco has so many issues.

Why doesn't Ford just come out and say what the issue is with the stick shift? Just come out and say what is causing the noise and how you are going to fix it going forward.

Everything you said plus no heat in the back. I feel like Ford spent 95% of their money on the 4WD system and skipped the rest. I'm torn between 4 door base, base sasquatch or big bend with the rear locker and stick. In my honest opinion the Bronco is not a $45,000 - $90,000 vehicle.

johntesi

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm supposed to pick up my '23 two-door Badlands manual tomorrow.. This thread is giving me major mixed signals! Early pages were so positive and the last few posts are trending quite negatively.

stickshifthappy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, 65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm supposed to pick up my '23 two-door Badlands manual tomorrow.. This thread is giving me major mixed signals! Early pages were so positive and the last few posts are trending quite negatively.

Chances are you'll be wearing a shit eating grin, and it will perform as designed. I wouldn't worry about something that will probably NOT be an issue.

I think the vast majority of manual owners are more than happy. I know I am.

Welcome to the 2 door Badlands club (we are the best of course).

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I pick mine up Friday. With all of the PP and the dealer discount, no way I'm not taking it after waiting so long. Will deal with the issue if it crops up.
Sponsored