Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge 2500 diesel
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I was initially going to get the manual. It is a sweet transmission with the granny gear. But after having to reorder 2 times and driving the manual Taco, I decided on the 2.7. I did test drive a manual Badlands early on. I couldn’t be happier with the 2.7 auto combo. Noticeably more power. The the thing hauls ass (Sasquatch Black Diamond) and weighs more than an F150. That being said, there is a demand for the manual that probably will remain for the foreseeable future so I would not be too worried about resale. Also, less people can steal it. Just my opinions. Either way, you will love it.
Sponsored

Brok3nBronco

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jade Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Even knowing there chance for a scrape and get one that has the 5, 6 synchro issue. I dont care! Worth the gamble for me. Viva la mansquatch.
Not really a gamble. Pretty much a guarantee at this point.

CalvinT

Badlands
First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Subaru WRX Wagon, 2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I drive my Bronco in Phoenix traffic every day. Before that, I drove a Mustang GT (manual), and before that a Mustang GT (manual) and before that a V6 Mustang (manual) and before that a Ranger (1998 also a stick). Prior to that was a Contour Sport (which was actually fun to drive with the 16-valve I-4 and stick shift)

Driving an automatic would be miserable.
My last car with an automatic was a 1979 Z28 which I sold in 1984. I've been driving a manual in Phoenix traffic ever since. Driving a manual isn't a problem if that's what you're used to. It may be for those who started with an automatic.

When I got my first driver's license I took my test drive with a manual. If I had taken it with an automatic, my driver's license would have been restricted to "automatic transmissions only." For those who are used to it, driving a manual is totally unconscious. It takes no more thought than steering or braking.

Bad-Daddy-Lands

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Bronco, ‘21 F250, ‘96 911/993
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
2.7 Auto > 2.3 Stick

i get my manual fix from my other car, so…

Sponsored

stickshifthappy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, 65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thoughts on buying a manual now?

I would order my exact build again in a heartbeat. Don't even need to think about it.

I haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary with pricing, other than the manual costing as much as the auto!!??

the manual sasquatch is so much fun. You drive the bronco instead of it driving you.

Be a driver and not just another passenger.

as far as problems making it undriveable, they happen but are extremely rare. I don't doubt ford will fix the issues, but I would keep driving until they have a fix, otherwise it will be sitting until they do.

Last edited:

Bronkers

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
So today I saw an interesting video. Only 18 percent of the population can drive a manual. That told me that 82 percent of the buyers market is now out of the picture. I wonder what kind of pricing could I expect on a rig some one ordered and didn't get it or ordered a manual by mistake? Hmmm
I received a very nice total-out on my MT bronco with 22k miles on it when it was decommed by another driver last fall.

There were only (2) available in the entire USA that the adjuster could find anywhere near the other specs I had.

But now I'm unabashedly loving the procal tune in my 2.7 and the offroad tricks (ok cheats) it can perform.

(Sorry diehards, I chose performance over sentiment and despite the added moving parts and ATF weakness, I hope to never regret it 😬)

Badland-Mansquatch-ATX

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL, Tesla Model S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I certainly understand the desire for the automatic and the extra power of the 2.7. After years of driving a manual, it’s just hard to give up the feeling you get controlling the shift points. Still love it.
I did test drive one while waiting for my order just to make sure it wasn’t under-powered and was amazed it moved such a large vehicle better than my 2018 Wrangler JL V6. I’d have loved the manual 2.7 combo, but I’m very happy with my 2022 Badlands Sasquatch. Favorite vehicle I’ve ever owned.
The hill brake assist feels like a cheat code after mastering the clutch on a hill for years. 🙂

Sponsored

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I love manuals. My Bronco is automatic as I wanted the 2.7 and my wife can't drive (or more like afraid to drive) a manual. It's so easy to learn. Have to be a good teacher though and know how to drive one properly yourself. I taught my 2 children to drive manuals before they ever drove an automatic. They have automatics now only due to convenience, needing SUV's etc.

But I would buy a manual for sure if I wanted another Bronco.

2DoorDan

Base
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
When I got my first driver's license I took my test drive with a manual. If I had taken it with an automatic, my driver's license would have been restricted to "automatic transmissions only."
Wow, AZ does that? Glad that PA doesn't. That limits the market for manuals even more.
Do you have to get re-tested if you want to buy a manual later?

Last edited:

CalvinT

Badlands
First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Subaru WRX Wagon, 2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They don't any more. That was back in 1966 when most cars had manual transmissions. An automatic transmission was the exception. I don't know when they changed their policy.

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They don't any more. That was back in 1966 when most cars had manual transmissions. An automatic transmission was the exception. I don't know when they changed their policy.
When I got my license in 1992 that wasn’t a thing.
Sponsored