Jade Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Personally, knowing what I know now....I would wait until they release a confirmed fix for the noisy manuals before buying one. It's only fun to drive until it ends up sitting on your dealers lot.
Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I drive my Bronco in Phoenix traffic every day. Before that, I drove a Mustang GT (manual), and before that a Mustang GT (manual) and before that a V6 Mustang (manual) and before that a Ranger (1998 also a stick). Prior to that was a Contour Sport (which was actually fun to drive with the 16-valve I-4 and stick shift)

Driving an automatic would be miserable.
I read an article that predicted eventually, to enter certain motorways, you will be required to have a certain type of automated vehicle, that joins in unison with other vehicles in a sort of driverless manner. The days of people operating their own vehicles might be numbered.

Let's face it, the idea of sitting passively in a vehicle that does most everything for the driver, seems alluring for a lot of people. I just hope those of us who are good at and enjoy operating motor vehicles are not locked out by the new tech and regulations. But the general trend in society is increasing passivity, having things done for you, and watching other people do things.

l88m22vette

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Please sir may I have locking diffs?
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I found my Badlands for MSRP and still kinda can't believe it, and love having the manual. Sure, the grinding sucks, but its a big-ass truck with a manual that is better than those in a lot of "enthusiast cars" so it ain't that bad. Once its fixed I won't have any complaints about anything else, that's what the aftermarket is for, but I sure do hope they get fixed.

Black_Stallion13

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The manual grinding is worrisome. If I would have known about the issue before taking delivery I probably would not have bought the Bronco. If the new 2024 Taco happens to keep the manual, I'll probably offload my Bronco and it's rattly (but functionally, lovely) gearbox in the Taco's 2nd model year.

cyberfalco

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 JK, 2000 Ram 2500, 1993 FZJ80, 1994 FZJ80
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I almost had myself an automatic because I was convinced I wanted the Sasquatch package back in 21. I am glad I got pushed to 22 so I could get the manual with the Sasquatch package. Hind sight being what it is, I should've order my Badlands w/o the Sasquatch package with a manual and bought my own lift and tires.

Long story but in the end I wood recommend not buying the Sasquatch now that there are a good number of lifts (and leveling kits) so you can fit some 35" tires with ease. You just lose out on the lower gears but it would not be bad in my opinion.

Sponsored

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Biggest gripe on mine is the auto trans. When I sell mine this year I’m replacing it with something before 1980 with a v8 and stick. Tired of these new refined vehicles. Or a 99 f150 2 door flare side with a stick if I come across one of those. Wasn’t impressed with the manual bronco I test drove.

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The manual grinding is worrisome. If I would have known about the issue before taking delivery I probably would not have bought the Bronco. If the new 2024 Taco happens to keep the manual, I'll probably offload my Bronco and it's rattly (but functionally, lovely) gearbox in the Taco's 2nd model year.
Wife has a Tacoma TRD PRO. It's a complete turd as far as power goes. I can't stand driving it but it's hers.

BDBJ79

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle-less
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wife has a Tacoma TRD PRO. It's a complete turd as far as power goes. I can't stand driving it but it's hers.
I got rid of my 2021 Taco for the same reason. I could not stand how much of a dog it was. My wife’s 4 runner is much more enjoyable to drive.

Black_Stallion13

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I agree the current gen Taco's manual powertrain is nowhere as nice to drive as the Bronco's, but the new Tacoma this year gets a 2.4 turbo with similar specs to the Bronco's 2.3 so that seemingly should solve the issue if they do keep the manual. We shall see.

Sponsored

OrangecrushBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I drive my Bronco in Phoenix traffic every day. Before that, I drove a Mustang GT (manual), and before that a Mustang GT (manual) and before that a V6 Mustang (manual) and before that a Ranger (1998 also a stick). Prior to that was a Contour Sport (which was actually fun to drive with the 16-valve I-4 and stick shift)

Driving an automatic would be miserable.

stickshifthappy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, 65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This whole there are less people who want a manual ??

Well..... basically that's saying there are less really great people in the world........d'uuuuuuuh.

JenB

Badlands
First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Jeep LJ, 2021 4DR Badlands, 2023 DR Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Love my new 2DR manual non-SAS Badlands so much that I am selling my 4DR non-SAS Badlands. 2 Dr is just a blast to drive. Kids are out of the house, if I need more vehicle will use our F150 Tremor.

Grant3168

Black Diamond
First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 G37, 2006 G35
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I was so close to ordering my Bronco with the 2.3 and 7MT. Last minute when configuring my order for 2023, I switched to the 10 speed with the 2.7. My main reasoning was fearing that the high elevation in CO (5.5k feet above sea level where I live and upwards of 10k feet above sea level in the mountains) that it would bog down the Bronco. Plus, I just love having as much power as possible so I went with the 2.7. If I was at sea level, I would have been in a 7MT for sure.

I was driving two days ago and was behind a 2D base bronco with a stick (kept rolling back in traffic) and I started to get a little jealous of it. The grinding noises are a little concerning, but to what I know its not damaging anything, right? I still would still be upset if I spent 50k on a new vehicle that sounds like I smoked the transmission in it. Manuals are a ton of fun and I do get bummed sometimes that I dont have it, but I am very happy with the 10 speed auto and the 2.7, its faster than I thought it would be for a brick on wheels.
Sponsored