Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M3/Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Anyone running rock lights in your wheel wells that could share some photos? I really think these look great for nighttime filming on the trails, but some of the pics from the lighting companies I've seen kinda also look cheesy. It also seems like the pods can be hidden a bit better on Jeeps than on Broncos. If I did these, I wouldn't want people seeing the pods or have the pods shooting light out the side of the wheel well blinding people. Anyway, if you've seen or have some cleanly installed rock lights on our trucks I'd love to see them. Thanks!
Sponsored

ORACLE Jeff

Base
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Rock Lights can be a great addition to your ride...
With that said, what look are you going for; trail, mild, wild?
We make some of the industries finest LED ROCK LIGHTS - PLEASE TAKE A LOOK

https://www.oraclelights.com/produc...k-light-kit-8-pcs?_pos=2&_sid=1ffc594b0&_ss=r

Here are some photos ;0)

Ford Bronco Thoughts on rock lights? 46043837412_0f97c50b3d_n
Ford Bronco Thoughts on rock lights? 51208551382_e0670bb656_w
Ford Bronco Thoughts on rock lights? 52631413359_ca2906739c_n
Ford Bronco Thoughts on rock lights? 52676635817_4cbbb6803a_n

LIGHT UP YOUR ADVENTURE WITH ORACLE ;0)

HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND - TO CELEBRATE - USE CODE JEFF15 FOR 15% OFF SITEWIDE

ORACLE Jeff

Base
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Anyone running rock lights in your wheel wells that could share some photos? I really think these look great for nighttime filming on the trails, but some of the pics from the lighting companies I've seen kinda also look cheesy. It also seems like the pods can be hidden a bit better on Jeeps than on Broncos. If I did these, I wouldn't want people seeing the pods or have the pods shooting light out the side of the wheel well blinding people. Anyway, if you've seen or have some cleanly installed rock lights on our trucks I'd love to see them. Thanks!
Here are a few "in the wild" shots -

Ford Bronco Thoughts on rock lights? 31177724387_91131b2fb9_n
Ford Bronco Thoughts on rock lights? 30615547587_0fedd61e7c_n
Ford Bronco Thoughts on rock lights? 31154857737_4fdc9a1e7b_w
Ford Bronco Thoughts on rock lights? 31154862987_7c161a8b75_m

LIGHT UP YOUR ADVENTURE WITH ORACLE ;0)

OP
OP
Roofus

Roofus

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M3/Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thanks, @ORACLE Jeff ! Just looking for white trail lighting that will be functional to light up the ground/suspension under the truck when filming in the evenings/night. Definitely not looking for a fashion statement.

I noticed you have a handful of selections. Are these your rec for just all four wheel wells with just white lighting? https://www.oraclelights.com/produc...ght-kit-4-piece-o?_pos=4&_sid=287636ed0&_ss=r

Would I need the wiring harness extensions to get the job done? And these are .14 amps per light?

Last edited:

Noremac

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I prefer functional rock lights over the typical mall crawler style you see that casts crazy shadows. I’m all for lighting up the trail, but only if it doesn’t hinder your ability to see

Sponsored

One more upgrade

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe Mogush
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Tesla Plaid X 22 Escalade
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I run 8 Rigid white rock lights. In Arizona, during the Summer, I go off-road at night or early in the morning. The Rigid lights don't turn colors.

Rock.lights.jpg

Oldhippie

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X1, ‘1928 model A, “23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

ORACLE Jeff

Base
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thanks, @ORACLE Jeff ! Just looking for white trail lighting that will be functional to light up the ground/suspension under the truck when filming in the evenings/night. Definitely not looking for a fashion statement.

I noticed you have a handful of selections. Are these your rec for just all four wheel wells with just white lighting? https://www.oraclelights.com/produc...ght-kit-4-piece-o?_pos=4&_sid=287636ed0&_ss=r

Would I need the wiring harness extensions to get the job done? And these are .14 amps per light?
Thanks for the Qs

Product -
https://www.oraclelights.com/produc...ght-kit-4-piece-o?_pos=4&_sid=287636ed0&_ss=r

- Kelvin Color Temperature : 5000K
- Lumens (each) : 600LM/PCS
- Watts (each): 6W/PCS
- Amps (each): 12V*0.14A/PCS
- Ingress Protection: IP67
- Operating Temperature: 65 Degree
- Input Voltage: 9V-18V
- High temperature Protection: Yes
- LED CHIPS: Cree XQ-Eare

this is our previous model rock lights that are a prism white (a combination of RGB to create white - some people may say these "look dull" or "pink" due to that combo.

if you want "pure" or "cool" white - you'll want to go with the RGB+W rock lights

https://www.oraclelights.com/produc...light-kit-4-pcs-o?_pos=1&_sid=b888ec19a&_ss=r

- Input Voltage: 9V-32V
- LED Chip: 5050 RGBW
- LED QTY: 22 LEDs Per Pod
- Amp Draw: RED (0.56A @12VDC)
- Amp Draw: GREEN (0.65A @12VDC)
- Amp Draw: BLUE (0.56A @ 12VDC)
- Amp Draw: WHITE (0.63A @ 12VDC)
- Total Wattage: 28W (7W Per Pod)
- Total Lumens: 2000Lm+ (White Mode)
- Beam Angle: 230° (Extra Wide Coverage)
- Housing Material: Aluminum
- Finish: Black Powdercoat
- Ingress Protection: IP68

2 extensions - (one for each rear well is recommended)

I HOPE THIS HELPS ;0)
BUYING TODAY???? --- USE CODE JEFF15 FOR 15% OFF SITE WIDE

HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY !!!

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The more lights the better they flood around tires and obstacles. Make sure you buy based on cable length, the biggest issue is how you run the cords. The higher you tuck the wiring the more wiring you need.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The Diode Dynamics rock lights are VERY Popular that we sell. For good reason. They are larger then your traditional rock light but that allows them to actually be installed easier, since there's actually places to MOUNT them. They also have a few different styles of mounts, such as the magnetic mounts (my favorite).

You can get a 4 pack or an 8 pack. I'd recommend the RGBW ones, with a bluetooth controller, as you can make them whatever color you want.

You can start with a 4 pack, one in each wheel well and then add more later as you need to/want to.

Check them out here. We've got them IN STOCK with FREE SHIPING and you earn REWARDS POINTS as well.

The Best part. MADE IN THE USA! Yeah!! No overseas cheap junk here! Gotta love an American Made product.

https://www.4x4truckleds.com/led-auxiliary-lights/diode-dynamics/rock-lights/

Ford Bronco Thoughts on rock lights? 1716565994743-9b

Ford Bronco Thoughts on rock lights? 1716566004640-j7

Sponsored

Arokcrwlr

Wildtrak
First Name
Kraig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F150, 2014 Focus, 1973 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Most people don't mount rock lights correctly for use on trails, or are going for the ricer look. Mount them to light up the ground around the tires, not the wheel wells. OP, sounds like you want to do it correctly 👍

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Most people don't mount rock lights correctly for use on trails, or are going for the ricer look. Mount them to light up the ground around the tires, not the wheel wells. OP, sounds like you want to do it correctly 👍
Yeah but they look cooler in the wheel wells :)

Brostango

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 F150 Crew, 2016 ATS Coupe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Totally agree, I don’t have rock light…yet. But it seems like placement is key. Not sure who’s bronco this is but I would love to know how many and where they placed them.
Ford Bronco Thoughts on rock lights? IMG_3108

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OP
OP
Roofus

Roofus

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M3/Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I run 8 Rigid white rock lights. In Arizona, during the Summer, I go off-road at night or early in the morning. The Rigid lights don't turn colors.

Ford Bronco Thoughts on rock lights? img_0625-jpe
I take it you mounted undercarriage rather than the wheel wells? Truck looks good btw!
Sponsored