Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Outerbanks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ha ha!

1. I'm digging your Porsche, the color and wheels.
2. Yeah, the pedal commander ain't gonna turn our moving blocks into track monsters.:)

And I don't think we're approaching it all that differently. As expected, with all the additional weight I threw on mine ( tire and wheels, front and rear bumpers, rock sliders, winch, light bars, subwoofer, etc), mine slowed down tremdendoulsy. I just wanted to try to recapture as much of that as possible, and the pedal commander and jb4 tune helped with that. I think if you were to lose some of the zip that you're currenltly accustomed to in your Bronco, you'd want it back.

For speed, I hit up the dragstrip in the ZL w/ 934 hp to the wheels. And even with that, I still started smiling when I took the Bronco for the first test drive after I put in pedal commander. To me, it was that much of a game changer.

20221109_175238.jpg

20161228_114658.jpg
I need to see more pictures of your bronco and that wrap! I have the 5" ADV fenders sitting in my garage and I am debating whether I paint match to Area51 or just do a satin black wrap!

Looks awesome! What are the specs of the wheels/tires and lift for the Bronco as well?
Sponsored

MWILD

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 - BB Sasquatch - Mid - 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Installed my BMS Pedal tuner and man, it definitely made a difference. The lag in the pedal is gone. Normal mode now feels like sport mode, but the problem is the transmission is still lethargic. I think a Procal tune would wake it up, but since I just got a JB4 I think I’ll wait until custom tunes become available. Oh. and the JB4 with the pedal tuner is the real deal. It feels like a different vehicle.

Goneboy

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Small Handful
Your Bronco Model
Base
I need to see more pictures of your bronco and that wrap! I have the 5" ADV fenders sitting in my garage and I am debating whether I paint match to Area51 or just do a satin black wrap!

Looks awesome! What are the specs of the wheels/tires and lift for the Bronco as well?

Thx man. đź‘Ť You're gonna love your adv fenders. They just give the Bronco a more muscular look along with more road presence.

I'm a huge fan of wrapping my cars. And if they're garage kept and don't get constant exposure to the elements, it'll last and look good for years. With my Bronco, I also added PPF over the wrap on the sides because I was worried about the tires throwing rocks.

Nitto ridge grapplers 38x13.5
Arkon Roosevelts 20x12 -51 Offset
Zone Offroad SAS 3 inch lift w/ upper control arms

20221109_175226.jpg

20221109_175251.jpg

20221108_134831.jpg

20221108_134841.jpg

20221108_134821.jpg

V1Rotate

Wildtrak
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Sorry if this has already been asked, but how does it compare to just using Sport mode?
The main reason I’m looking into a PC is because I hate the sport mode shift points and how long it hangs onto gears for day to day driving. Adding a pedal commander would give it the perkiness of sport mode while retaining the shift points and behavior of normal mode. For off-road I’d turn it off since I want smooth/laggy throttle

0ne

Base
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Flex
Your Bronco Model
Base
For off-road I’d turn it off since I want smooth/laggy throttle
This👆…I understand why people want the throttle gadget but Ford already engineered the GOAT modes appropriately in my opinion.

Sponsored

V1Rotate

Wildtrak
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This👆…I understand why people want the throttle gadget but Ford already engineered the GOAT modes appropriately in my opinion.
Did you read my full reply? Obviously it’s a matter of personal preference but Ford’s sport mode isn’t great

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just curious but do you think Ford engineers the throttle lag and lower throttle signal inputs in all modes to save drivetrain parts like transmission, xfer case, driveshafts and axles?
If so, then they should have fired the bean counters responsible and put in beefier parts.

Nerfing the engine response is not the right answer. Suzuki did something similar on the SV1000s, they intentionally retarded timing in first gear to make the motorcycle less wheelie happy. So stupid, getting rid of the timing retard made the bike so much more responsive in 1st gear. Ford has essentially done the same thing here.

Now, I don't expect Ford to warranty intentional abuse, and nerfing the motor doesn't prevent someone from being abusive. Ford should have used the 10R80 and not the 10R60, at least in the advanced 4x4 transfer case Bronco. It's been suggested that the standard transfer case is weaker than the Advanced 4x4 transfer case. Also the M190, really should have never been an option. The M210 should have been the standard front axle in all Broncos, locking in the sasquatch/badlands and non-locking in the other Broncos. It would have been tremendously helpful from the standpoint of parts commonality.

Instead, Ford nerfs the engine.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The main reason I’m looking into a PC is because I hate the sport mode shift points and how long it hangs onto gears for day to day driving. Adding a pedal commander would give it the perkiness of sport mode while retaining the shift points and behavior of normal mode. For off-road I’d turn it off since I want smooth/laggy throttle
You should try Baja mode then lol. It hangs onto gears like a tick on a dog.

V1Rotate

Wildtrak
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

You should try Baja mode then lol. It hangs onto gears like a tick on a dog.
Difference is Baja isn’t intended for daily driving. One could argue sport isn’t either but it’s far more applicable to day-to-day road driving whereas Baja shouldn’t be used on pavement.

0ne

Base
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Flex
Your Bronco Model
Base
Did you read my full reply? Obviously it’s a matter of personal preference but Ford’s sport mode isn’t great
Did you read my full reply? I prefaced my opinion and I’m agreeing with you bud, especially the part I quoted because no you do not want twitchy throttle off road, exactly the way Ford engineered it. I think Bronco sport mode is sufficient considering the platform and intended purpose.

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Difference is Baja isn’t intended for daily driving. One could argue sport isn’t either but it’s far more applicable to day-to-day road driving whereas Baja shouldn’t be used on pavement.
I can't imagine daily driving in Baja mode, but I have almost exclusively daily driven Sport mode and after 62k miles feel confident in stating that Sport mode is a daily driver friendly mode.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ford should have used the 10R80 and not the 10R60, at least in the advanced 4x4 transfer case Bronco.
There are Explorer ST’s running 10’s with a completely stock 10R60. There’s no reason for a 10R80. The 10R60 isn’t weak by any means. Not to mention they shift much smoother than 80’s.

woof

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BMW X5, 2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I don't post very often. In previous vehicles, I installed a catback, cold air and tune, which usually cost about $2500-$3000 with what I thought was a decent gain.

I have the 2.7 on the sasquatch with the higher gearing.

The Pedal Commander turned out to be real for me, I'm pretty shocked. No need for my standard mods with this thing as it out performed, provided much greater gains than my previous standards.

I like City +2 mode. I took the bronco out for a test with Sport today, it chirped the tires around the corner and was a bit more 'jerky' for me.

Switching between my cars was always an adjustment as the other one is just smooth pure power / fast. This has closed the gap and makes the transition easier.

My home's street / outlet is into a blind corner where some special people go 60+ mph. The bronco without the PC didn't feel as safe as it does now.

BadmansSAS

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquach
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Once people drive one with the PC on there, its usually eye opening. Its a gimmick for sure, but it really does get you in the power quicker and the perception of it is mind blowing.

I changed the pedal feels in my tunes for the coyotes without using a PC or anything plug in. People were mostly blown away how much faster a car feels when doing street driving with a turned up pedal. And I really had them turned up. Check out that pedal curve.

Ford Bronco Throttle Response Controller... WOW! 1712247629893-jy

bradcd

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saab 9-3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't post very often. In previous vehicles, I installed a catback, cold air and tune, which usually cost about $2500-$3000 with what I thought was a decent gain.

I have the 2.7 on the sasquatch with the higher gearing.

The Pedal Commander turned out to be real for me, I'm pretty shocked. No need for my standard mods with this thing as it out performed, provided much greater gains than my previous standards.

I like City +2 mode. I took the bronco out for a test with Sport today, it chirped the tires around the corner and was a bit more 'jerky' for me.

Switching between my cars was always an adjustment as the other one is just smooth pure power / fast. This has closed the gap and makes the transition easier.

My home's street / outlet is into a blind corner where some special people go 60+ mph. The bronco without the PC didn't feel as safe as it does now.
I agree, it's the first performance mod you should do since everything remains fully stock. You're able to use the power you have available sooner.
Sponsored