First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Outerbanks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I picked up a Pedal Commander for my 2.7 Outerbanks SAS for Christmas and wow am I impressed! If you are considering adding a tune but don't have a throttle response controller then I would 1000% start with the Pedal Commander before getting a tune. You may end up saving yourself some money and not wanting the tune anymore.

Even though it adds zero HP or TQ it feels very quick off the line (for an offroader) and immediate power when passing on the highways. I use to switch to sport mode every time I drove the Bronco but now I am getting similar responsiveness and power in normal mode with the Pedal Commander. Sport mode is now even more fun and fast!

I currently have the controller set to 0 in sport mode. You have the options to select city or Sport+ but the Sport mode on the pedal commander seemed to be the best fit for me. I read that pushing it to Sport level 4 was to jumpy when hitting the throttle.

Highly recommend this upgrade and at only $300 its a great bang for you buck.
Sponsored

0ne

Base
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Flex
Your Bronco Model
Base
Just curious but do you think Ford engineers the throttle lag and lower throttle signal inputs in all modes to save drivetrain parts like transmission, xfer case, driveshafts and axles?

OP
OP
Stu10

Stu10

Outer Banks
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just curious but do you think Ford engineers the throttle lag and lower throttle signal inputs in all modes to save drivetrain parts like transmission, xfer case, driveshafts and axles?
Possibly but I also think that not everyone will want immediate throttle response and would prefer some sort of lag.

I had one on my previous vehicle (2016 Jeep Wrangler) for 3 years or so and had zero issues and with my lift and larger tires it made my Jeep much more drivable for a daily. TBD on how it effects the vehicle for 5, 7 or 10+ years but it can be easily removed in 5 minutes or so and is untraceable.

OP
OP
Stu10

Stu10

Outer Banks
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Why don’t you just push the pedal harder?
Haha man I should of read this post before buying and I would of saved myself $300!

But seriously it is night and day different than stock. I’m super happy with it and feel like it was a nice improvement.

Sponsored

0ne

Base
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Flex
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’ve a banks pedal monster I received as gift a couple of months back. Ran it about a week. Works great and easy install.
If someone wants it for 150. just PM me.
It’s not my thing.
How come? I might be interested out of curiosity and novelty at your price. Pics please? Different modes and levels of adjustment? Does it have a separate gauge with it or Bluetooth connectivity?

zyglyrox

Base
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 BaseSAS / ‘21 Bronco Sport BB
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Haha man I should of read this post before buying and I would of saved myself $300!

But seriously it is night and day different than stock. I’m super happy with it and feel like it was a nice improvement.
I just don’t understand the hype behind these things, especially people who drive manuals. I tuned all my other cars to get rid of their awful twitchy throttles. Sport mode on the bronco is godawful why do I want that level of response on something that doesn’t move that fast? Goofy.

SS Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Shayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco , F600, F5, LJ20
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I agree it definitely wakes up the 2.7. I like it because it’s so easy to turn off when you want to go back to stock.

OP
OP
Stu10

Stu10

Outer Banks
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I just don’t understand the hype behind these things, especially people who drive manuals. I tuned all my other cars to get rid of their awful twitchy throttles. Sport mode on the bronco is godawful why do I want that level of response on something that doesn’t move that fast? Goofy.
I do agree sport mode isn’t the answer but definitely my favorite mode until now. The normal mode with pedal commander is great. I now get more pep around town without having the RPMs super high like sport mode.
For me the bronco is much faster than the car I came from which I really enjoy.

Baja Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco, 20 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

100% agree. I thought the Pedal Commander was a gimmick, but it's pretty incredible. I was lucky enough the get one for $250 with a Black Friday sale. I have it set on sport 2, and it's still a little jumpy, but so much fun to drive!

Sponsored

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350 GT500’s FGT MACH I Z8
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I need this for all my throttle by wire rigs.

My F350 powerstroke is the worst. If you need to pass someone in a hurry, be prepared to wait for the telegraph the ECU sent to Dearborn, asking for permission, to return with the go-head.

FreshKsig

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FE Bronco, 22 BB Bronco, 21 Mustang Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Best $300 I’ve spent on any of my rigs. Had one in my raptor and now in my bronco. I run around in city + 2 every day.

Dadsquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I got my Pedal Commander for $250 on Black Friday and love it! I have a 2.7 OBX SAS. I’ve been playing with all the different modes/settings (combined with the Bronco GOAT modes). I’ve found Normal GOAT mode + Pedal Commander Sport mode (set to 0) seems to be the best combination.

Everyone else with a Pedal Commander, what modes/settings have you found best combined with the GOAT modes?

Moontraveler1984

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ones with 4 Wheels
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have one for my 2017 f250 diesel, makes a huge difference regarding throttle response, not sure it is any faster from a dead stop, just quicker reaction to the pedal. One thing I did notice, is the same pedal commander can switch between my truck, expedition and bronco. Just haven't had the chance to move it yet.

2020FordRaptor

Wildtrak
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I picked up a Pedal Commander for my 2.7 Outerbanks SAS for Christmas and wow am I impressed! If you are considering adding a tune but don't have a throttle response controller then I would 1000% start with the Pedal Commander before getting a tune. You may end up saving yourself some money and not wanting the tune anymore.

Even though it adds zero HP or TQ it feels very quick off the line (for an offroader) and immediate power when passing on the highways. I use to switch to sport mode every time I drove the Bronco but now I am getting similar responsiveness and power in normal mode with the Pedal Commander. Sport mode is now even more fun and fast!

I currently have the controller set to 0 in sport mode. You have the options to select city or Sport+ but the Sport mode on the pedal commander seemed to be the best fit for me. I read that pushing it to Sport level 4 was to jumpy when hitting the throttle.

Highly recommend this upgrade and at only $300 its a great bang for you buck.
I'm glad you enjoy it, but I would rather put that $300 for tune.....or just press the gas pedal harder.
Sponsored