First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I need this for all my throttle by wire rigs.

My F350 powerstroke is the worst. If you need to pass someone in a hurry, be prepared to wait for the telegraph the ECU sent to Dearborn, asking for permission, to return with the go-head.
My friend in Tucson was just telling me how much he likes the Pedal Commander on his F-250 Powerstroke. He’s a gear head with a built Gen 2 Lightning, Mercedes G Wagon, and a couple other toys. I just got the Ford tune for my 2.3L, so if I want anything more after it’s installed I’ll give the PC a try.

OP
OP
Stu10

Stu10

Outer Banks
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Outerbanks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm glad you enjoy it, but I would rather put that $300 for tune.....or just press the gas pedal harder.
Have you driven a bronco with a pedal commander or similar throttle response controller? If you haven't then I think you would be very surprised on the improvements. It is much more than just pushing the pedal harder.

I really like the difference on the highway. When you go to pass someone and hit the gas you get immediate response and can quickly buzz around someone. Definitely feels like the Bronco has more power. This with the Ford tune may be a great combo.

Mikey D

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mikedelninno.com
Vehicle(s)
2005 Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Have you driven a bronco with a pedal commander or similar throttle response controller? If you haven't then I think you would be very surprised on the improvements. It is much more than just pushing the pedal harder.

I really like the difference on the highway. When you go to pass someone and hit the gas you get immediate response and can quickly buzz around someone. Definitely feels like the Bronco has more power. This with the Ford tune may be a great combo.
Commander vs Pedal Monster? Any thoughts? All the same?

Bronco Bax

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

ive only heard great things about Pedal Commander

Sponsored
OP
OP
Stu10

Stu10

Outer Banks
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Mikey D

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mikedelninno.com
Vehicle(s)
2005 Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

bradcd

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saab 9-3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've got two manuals and they each have a SprintBooster. For me, these controllers are completely worth it for under $300.

OP
OP
Stu10

Stu10

Outer Banks
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Any install videos available for Pedal Commander - 2.7L?
Yes, I watched the Extreme Terrain install video on Youtube (). It is super easy. The hardest part is figuring out where you want to mount the controller. I just wanted to use my phone to change the settings via bluetooth so I hid my controller up under the dash so it is not visible. Some people keep it out in the open so they can change the settings directly on the controller. That is how I had it on my Jeep.

Mikey D

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mikedelninno.com
Vehicle(s)
2005 Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yes, I watched the Extreme Terrain install video on Youtube (). It is super easy. The hardest part is figuring out where you want to mount the controller. I just wanted to use my phone to change the settings via bluetooth so I hid my controller up under the dash so it is not visible. Some people keep it out in the open so they can change the settings directly on the controller. That is how I had it on my Jeep.
How does it interact with stock GOAT modes? Does it override normal, sport, etc...or on top of these modes?

Sponsored

raptorusmaximus

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 F-150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I have a pedal commander on my gen 1 Raptor and it makes a HUGE difference. It really woke the truck up and made it much funner to drive. Passing was much better etc..
On the bronco, normal mode is de-tuned both engine and trans according to the owners manual they mention how baja and sport modes consists of "engine and trans tuning" I've switched modes from normal to sport under acceleration such as a freeway on ramp and there is a noticeable diffrence. It pulls much harder while the rpm doesn't jump, I think there is a diffrent engine map ( I'll watch the boost level next time I play with it ).
I'm curious how the pedal commander will play out with different modes, if you set it up for normal mode it may be too touchy for sport mode but still a great product.

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just curious but do you think Ford engineers the throttle lag and lower throttle signal inputs in all modes to save drivetrain parts like transmission, xfer case, driveshafts and axles?
Driveline and engine protection is provided by torque management, so I think the primary reason is to accommodate inexperienced drivers, driving on snow/ice, avoid wheel spin in 2H, etc. Bronco has less power to start with, so normal mode isn't crippled as severely as Ford's performance trucks, but it still has room for improvement.

Devices that modify the pedal sensor attempt to overcome the throttle response limitations, but don't directly eliminate the auto transmission sluggishness. Tuning products, such as the Ford Performance tune improve both the transmission downshift and throttle response, so you get good smooth performance in normal mode without the rpm-holding behavior of sport mode.

Reactions: 0ne

Grumpy

Big Bend
First Name
Who's
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I ordered mine yesterday, be here Friday. I had it in my 15 Mustang GT and my 17 Ram 1500. Great item that doesn't void the warranty of vehicle. I always ran mine in Sport +4. Too much fun not too.

EBG

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71EB
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Just curious but do you think Ford engineers the throttle lag and lower throttle signal inputs in all modes to save drivetrain parts like transmission, xfer case, driveshafts and axles?
Ford definitely limits torque in 1st and 2nd gears to keep from having to warranty too many driveline parts. Have you ever measured the rear driveshaft diameter at the splines? It's TINY. I swear I've seen steering column shafts that are beefier.

Dadsquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

How does it interact with stock GOAT modes? Does it override normal, sport, etc...or on top of these modes?
It's on top of the GOAT modes, so definitely takes some trial and error to dial it in how you like between the GOAT modes and PC modes.
I'm curious how the pedal commander will play out with different modes, if you set it up for normal mode it may be too touchy for sport mode but still a great product.
See my comment directly above. I'm currently using Normal GOAT mode combined with PC Sport 0 mode. It's a bit too touchy at first, but once you get used to it it's pretty amazing. I've found that anything less than Sport 0 isn't worth it, and anything above Sport 0 is too much. I'm satisified with this setup for now, but next is to play around with GOAT Sport mode & other PC modes.
Sponsored