First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Chevrolet Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The OP needs to list the REAL steering fix !!! Not the list of band aids available....

Here it is folks the HOSS 3.0 Steering Ford Performance steering rack and HD tie rods. And here's the part number for the complete kit. Mine is getting installed tomorrow morning.

NB3Z*3504*M
I can't even locate these on the Ford Performance site. How did you get these?
Sponsored

RHeinz

Badlands
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Willys CJ3A, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sleeves seem like a good option to me. But with nearly 24 years of experience as a ME, there is still a stress riser at the joint between the sleeve and the outer tie rod. Perhaps magnified by the sleeve and its end geometry. A bolt on sleeve should completely cover this joint to reduce a fatigue failure at that point.

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm running Bronco Buster braces and steering rack bushing. Very simple install.
This is what I am looking at. Strong and ease of installation.
Are there 2, one for each side of the front end (I am new to this). Thanks

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have these sitting on my desk waiting to install. How difficult was it, and did you have your steering re-aligned after?
Not difficult at all. Not even trying hard and it was an hour, maybe.
I used some vernier calipers to measure the depth of the factory jam nut, reinstalled everything.
Seat-of-the-pants estimation is no alignment needed.
At least immediately.
I’ll have it checked soon to be sure but it tracks straight as an arrow and no weird tire wear so far.
I did a light-hearted write up of the process and started a thread about it.

Cat

Wildtrak
First Name
Cat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MB500SL, HD Road King Custom
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I installed the Kid Chaos bolt on sleeves. No alignment issues, easy install. Truck tracks straight.

Sponsored

7722 Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST/ 2019 F350 CC DRW 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This is what I am looking at. Strong and ease of installation.
Are there 2, one for each side of the front end (I am new to this). Thanks
Yes, come as a pair for the braces. Single steering bushing, installs driver side.

BroncoB

First Edition
First Name
Christine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
The RC sleeves are a good deal. If you carefully count the threads when taking the tie rod ends off you should be able to put it back on the same and not have any alignment issues. Brush up on alignment and you should be able to verify nothing has changed. The only thing that might change is the toe and that is easy to verify on your own with a string.

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Sleeves seem like a good option to me. But with nearly 24 years of experience as a ME, there is still a stress riser at the joint between the sleeve and the outer tie rod. Perhaps magnified by the sleeve and its end geometry. A bolt on sleeve should completely cover this joint to reduce a fatigue failure at that point.
wait, are you saying, in this application a bolt-on brace is better than a threaded-on sleeve? why?

darkscion0

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mini Cooper
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Because you're still relying on the smaller diameter threaded rod (maybe not the actual threaded section itself) but the braces directly brace the 2 thickest part of the tie rod assembly alleviating the forces on the threaded rod.

wait, are you saying, in this application a bolt-on brace is better than a threaded-on sleeve? why?

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Because you're still relying on the smaller diameter threaded rod (maybe not the actual threaded section itself) but the braces directly brace the 2 thickest part of the tie rod assembly alleviating the forces on the threaded rod.
so, are the threaded sleeves, just a longer nut? do they just add more threads as opposed to the OEM nut?

Sponsored

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Basically, yes. I'm not saying they don't work or help, just saying that the braces are probably stronger.
I wonder where the most common failure point is along the threaded rod? is it before or after the OEM nut?

darkscion0

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mini Cooper
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The threaded section opposite the nut seems to be the most common place but anywhere along the threaded part is the weak point.

I wonder where the most common failure point is along the threaded rod? is it before or after the OEM nut?

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The threaded section right after the nut seems to be the most common place but anywhere along the threaded part is the weak point.
towards the wheel? so more threads on a threaded sleeve just disperses the forces along a longer section?

darkscion0

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mini Cooper
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sorry, I revised and edited my answer. More towards the inner as seen in this pic. The jamnut probably does add some strength to the section immediately after it.

Ford Bronco Tie Rod Sleeve / Brace -- Aftermarket Upgrade Replacement List 1660779088560

towards the wheel? so more threads just disperses the forces along a longer section?
Sponsored