First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 F-350 CC dually, 97 Infiniti QX4, 21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So my Black Diamond is officially on order. I already plan on going with a different wheel and a little taller tire. Need a little assistance choosing offset.

Tire choices are....
285/70-17 (32.7x11.2)
33x10.5x17
255/80-17 (33.1x10)

The wheels I am going with are 17x8 and offered in a 0 and +18 offset. OEM wheels are 17x7.5 with a +55mm offset. I think that is correct.

So with those choices of tires which would be the better offset to go with. And how exactly would both offsets affect how the wheel/tire sits??

I do plan on eventually replacing the crash bars with the 4wp modified crash bars for added room and adding a 1" level. But that will be a little later down the line.

My wheels I got are a 17x8.5 with +18 offset. I had long discussions with my local tire and wheel shop (also one of my clients), we determined that the +18 is perfect to get my new wheels/tires to be pretty close on the inside to what the stock wheels/tires were. As soon as the stock tires wear out, I am going with a 35x11.50 all terrain. I do not like too much poke. He though that the 0 offset or a negative offset would stick out too far. I do not like tires that are super fat either.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Garemlin

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My wheels I got are a 17x8.5 with +18 offset. I had long discussions with my local tire and wheel shop (also one of my clients), we determined that the +18 is perfect to get my new wheels/tires to be pretty close on the inside to what the stock wheels/tires were. As soon as the stock tires wear out, I am going with a 35x11.50 all terrain. I do not like too much poke. He though that the 0 offset or a negative offset would stick out too far. I do not like tires that are super fat either.
I thought about going with 35x10.5 Kendas. But decided to stick with 33s. I like the look of the stock tires on the Badlands. Perfect width and height to make it a little more aggressive. Sasquatch is even cooler. But just ore than I need. And the cost goes up substantially on a 315/70-17.

I paid under $150 each for the Kenda Klever AT2s in 285/70-17 on my Gladiator. They are P rated. But I really don't need a super tough sidewall as my off-roading will be on the beach and light trails. Still have an aggressive look. And they weigh 48lbs each. Not bad for that size.

Ford Bronco Tire and wheel offset help please 76F30EE7-EEC1-4BA4-8A4F-3923A86AB1CE

Ford Bronco Tire and wheel offset help please C93C459F-B176-475C-B537-1878FACF3503

UNBROKN

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I thought about going with 35x10.5 Kendas. But decided to stick with 33s. I like the look of the stock tires on the Badlands. Perfect width and height to make it a little more aggressive. Sasquatch is even cooler. But just ore than I need. And the cost goes up substantially on a 315/70-17.

I paid under $150 each for the Kenda Klever AT2s in 285/70-17 on my Gladiator. They are P rated. But I really don't need a super tough sidewall as my off-roading will be on the beach and light trails. Still have an aggressive look. And they weigh 48lbs each. Not bad for that size.

Ford Bronco Tire and wheel offset help please C93C459F-B176-475C-B537-1878FACF3503

I was going to get the Gladiator as soon as my funds opened up this past January but then the Bronco was released. I have been a die hard Jeep guy my whole life, until July 2020. I love your Gladiator but I will never look at a Jeep the same again. I still like them, especially the Willys. They are built for light off-road but priced right. When I upgrade, I think I will go with the Maxxis. I have them on my F350 dually and they look sharp.
Which steps are on your Jeep? I know I will have to put something on my Bronco, but I definitely want something like those that do not hang down.

OP
OP
Garemlin

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I was going to get the Gladiator as soon as my funds opened up this past January but then the Bronco was released. I have been a die hard Jeep guy my whole life, until July 2020. I love your Gladiator but I will never look at a Jeep the same again. I still like them, especially the Willys. They are built for light off-road but priced right. When I upgrade, I think I will go with the Maxxis. I have them on my F350 dually and they look sharp.
Which steps are on your Jeep? I know I will have to put something on my Bronco, but I definitely want something like those that do not hang down.
The side steps are Go Rhino RB20s. Love them. Very solid and they have a lip that covers the pinch weld. I'll be running the same thing on my Bronco.

cpmartin1999

Badlands
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 2020 VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

so stock whhels (like you have ) are +55, SAS wheels are +30 and you say the + 18 will be "right on" for the standard fender flare? are yall confident in that? i dont like any or too much poke either, i want 35's with stock flares and cant figure out what offset will do that???

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

so stock whhels (like you have ) are +55, SAS wheels are +30 and you say the + 18 will be "right on" for the standard fender flare? are yall confident in that? i dont like any or too much poke either, i want 35's with stock flares and cant figure out what offset will do that???
Went to tire size and ran his numbers compared to a SASQUATCH ....
outer sidewall ... .07" farther out ... 7/100ths
inner sidewall ... .87" farther away from suspension/steering parts

Now, compared to a stock Badlands .....
outer sidewall .... 2.06" farther out than stock BD
inner sidewall .... .86" farther away

He'll need Squatch flares to be flush, or he'll have 2" of poke beyond standard flares.

CPMartin, exactly what size of tire are you looking at? ...width is the key measurement if you are concerned about poke.
There's a thread here where somebody put 35's on stock +55mm Ranger wheels ... on an unlifted Bronco ...(Black Diamond???) , that will be about the best you'll get for keeping them under standard flares. (any +55mm wheel)
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...-size-tires-ford-ranger-wheels-no-lift.20733/

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

There isn’t one. Stock flares and 35’s = Poke. And the question of poke is somewhat subjective as well. Is it tread pattern or sidewall. Seems to differ on opinion.

UNBROKN

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ok. Short version.
Stock tires on my black diamond will be offset to the outside about .956 inches from stock on my new wheels. Whether that means I will have any poke or not, I am not sure. I do not know what the -poke is from the factory... if there is any. I am guessing there is a little since other models have wider tires and use the same flares. If I go to a 35x11.50, my tires will now be offset to the outside an extra .5 inches or so. I can handle 1.5 inches of poke. Much more than that and I would consider wider flares. I hope to get my email today since I have a VIN. I will put my wheels on before it leaves the dealership. I will let you know and post pics. Gonna be December before I get it.

cpmartin1999

Badlands
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

He'll need Squatch flares to be flush, or he'll have 2" of poke beyond standard flares.

CPMartin, exactly what size of tire are you looking at? ...width is the key measurement if you are concerned about poke.
There's a thread here where somebody put 35's on stock +55mm Ranger wheels ... on an unlifted Bronco ...(Black Diamond???) , that will be about the best you'll get for keeping them under standard flares. (any +55mm wheel)
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...-size-tires-ford-ranger-wheels-no-lift.20733/
Thanks, im hoping to PUT ON 315 70 17 on the "upgraded" badlands rim, and stock flares (NOT squatch), so im trying to see whats needed to make that possible, i assume ford switches from +55 offset to +30 on squatch for some fit issues, My goal is to fit those 315 70 17 on a stock badlands with minimum poke, but also need them to fit, i maybe NEED a slight level/lift to make it happen. Finally, IF those offset wheels work (+55) then i get the badlands ugrade wheel, if it wont work (+55) then i keep stock wheels since id need to upgade them anyway for different offset. Make snese?

Werkedperformance

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 4dr 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks, im hoping to PUT ON 315 70 17 on the "upgraded" badlands rim, and stock flares (NOT squatch), so im trying to see whats needed to make that possible, i assume ford switches from +55 offset to +30 on squatch for some fit issues, My goal is to fit those 315 70 17 on a stock badlands with minimum poke, but also need them to fit, i maybe NEED a slight level/lift to make it happen. Finally, IF those offset wheels work (+55) then i get the badlands ugrade wheel, if it wont work (+55) then i keep stock wheels since id need to upgade them anyway for different offset. Make snese?
I’m just gonna grab quality spacers to accomplish this on the beadlock wheels

cpmartin1999

Badlands
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

looking to go 315 7017 like sas but with standard flares, total flush poke would be great, considering if 11.5 width tires would do it on a +30 wheel offset but dont want the tires to look tall and skinny, just enough to be flush, i realize im being extremely picky!! thanks for the help!!
Sponsored