Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

All three brands that you listed are good quality tires. You really can't go wrong if you stick to the known brands. Stay away from the store brands and Chinese stuff. Watch your load rating. A "C" or "D" load rating will be lighter and ride better than an "E" rated tire. If you plan to off-road the primary area that you wheel will have a big influence and which tire to choose. Road noise, most all A/T tires start off fairly quiet. As they wear they do get louder. MPG's, the more aggressive the tread the worse the MPG's. All tires are a compromise in one way or another. Choose the best tire for the conditions where you spend the most time/miles.
Sponsored

Reactions: DKG

reigny

Outer Banks
First Name
Karen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ninja 650, 2003 Honda Shadow Ace
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Happy

Black Diamond
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CJ5, Wagoneer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Silver-Bolt makes some good points about quality tires and ratings.

We live on gravel roads. If we do not run LT E-rated tires we get flats on a regular basis.
When we do get leaks in a quality E-rated tire it is rare that it will go flat soon enough that we have to change it. A couple vehicles will not take an LT tire and have flats much more often.

Even if you live in town and only once in a while drive rougher country roads I would recommend an LT tire with at least a C rating or D even more. You go out to these roads for fun. A flat tire can ruin a lot of fun in a short while. Never having had a reallly nice "town" car I just don't notice the rougher ride that E rated tires are supposed to give. But, that will have to be part of your decison process.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I went with the 275/70 KO2's. I like that they handle well, have no road noise, and look great. I do not like that they are an E-rated tire, which makes you feel every little bump.

IMG-7059.jpg

One of the issues with that size tire is the short sidewall and a stiff ride regardless of tire. What pressure are you running them at?

Sponsored

badclam

Raptor
First Name
Jefe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Braptor,22 Raptor 37pp,23 F350 CCLB 6.7PS
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I put on tires today, along with real beadlock rings. I put on Falken Wildpeak M/T in R 35"X 12.5, 10 ply,(E). The stock OEM Goodyears are supposed to be the same size, but these are almost an inch taller. They are also wider, which might be in part to using the beadlocks, which mount the tire outside the rim instead of inside the rim, moving the bead about an inch outward. The constant rock battering from the Goodyears went away with the Falkens. They drove nice on the highway at 35PSI. The Falken M/Ts are known to be good offroad tires, but I was surprised how tame they were on the highway.

20220216_180018[1].jpg

20220216_152638[1].jpg

20220216_165825[1].jpg

Last edited:

jbacchi70

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep GC, 1968 Plymouth Road Runner
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
One of the issues with that size tire is the short sidewall and a stiff ride regardless of tire. What pressure are you running them at?
I am running 35PSI. The issue with E-rated tires is not so much with the height of the sidewall; it is more about the thickness. They are meant for towing heavy loads. I plan to go with a 17" wheel and possibly a different rating down the road.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I am running 35PSI. The issue with E-rated tires is not so much with the height of the sidewall; it is more about the thickness. They are meant for towing heavy loads. I plan to go with a 17" wheel and possibly a different rating down the road.

I understand E tires, as that's what I have. Your setup has a short sidewall which adds to the overall stiffness of the tire. Gets worse as the wheel gets bigger and the sidewall shrinks. More rubber, less wheel has more comfort regardless of tire rating.

jbacchi70

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep GC, 1968 Plymouth Road Runner
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I understand E tires, as that's what I have. Your setup has a short sidewall which adds to the overall stiffness of the tire. Gets worse as the wheel gets bigger and the sidewall shrinks. More rubber, less wheel has more comfort regardless of tire rating.
I understand that, my point is that you can get a much better ride with the same size tire if you go with a non-E rated tire.

ProdigyJKU

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I chose the Toyo Open Country for my OBX. To me it gives the best of both worlds. Something great looking with a mix off-road and on pavement performance. Went with size 275/65R18.

Skipped the KO2 to avoid an E Rated tire. Some say they donā€™t mind it and some will tell you it rides way too harsh for a vehicle our size. I didnā€™t feel like underinflating to find out the tread wore uneven.

Falken was my final two but I opted against it because I couldnā€™t pick my country of origin for the tires. The typically make these in Buffalo or the Philippines but due to the pandemic started mixing in tires from their factory in China. Otherwise a great tire from what I read. Itā€™s the standard tire on the gladiator but Iā€™d bet my bottom Jeep is sourcing the US made tires.

Good luck with your choice! Iā€™d strongly recommend ordering tires ASAP since many are on back order.
I have the Open Country AT3s in Load Range C as well. It's just really weird how Toyo makes the C version heavier than the E tire. Completely contrary to the typical process.

OHIOOBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Are you happy with the 275/65/18 size? Many have upsized a bit to 275/70/18. Those are unfortunately only E rated tires. Does the 65 fill the fenders enough?
Any pics of yours available?
Sponsored