Tamara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Keep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I read through some threads but still not finding what I want…

I have a OBX and originally wanted to get new tires and wheels. But I think to start I for sure what tires, the wheels aren’t too bad for now.
I am going between the kO2s, falkens, and Toyo’s all terrain. This is all new to me… what has been a good tire for daily driving (road noise, mpg, etc) ? Or is there another that has been a fan favorite? Help a girl out 😃 or a shot in the dark on trading wheels or tires 😅
Sponsored

Werkedperformance

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 4dr 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
KO2 is my gold standard of tire. It does everything well and predictably. It lets you know while it lets go and its not abrubt or sudden. Three sets into that relationship....

That said, I'm buying AT3Ws, because they hold up better to hard wheeling and clear mud better. The previous truck did not go to the offroad park, the bronco is.

mybikeisred

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 Powerstroke, Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I’ve had Toyo open country RTs and KO2s on my f250. I kinda liked the Toyos better, but they were both fine.

reigny

Outer Banks
First Name
Karen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ninja 650, 2003 Honda Shadow Ace
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Happy with my KO2s. Smooth ride, not noisy and handles well.
Ford Bronco Tire recommendations C177F977-9B11-44C7-999D-B059190F6744

Last edited:

clarkT

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Mustang Bullitt
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Tire rack has pretty great comparisons and “spider web charts” that compare every imaginable feature … Falken Wildpeak AT3W was the best balance for me. Bit pricier than KO2 and general grabbers that seem popular at their price point. But
Falkens are quieter and softer road ride which I valued. KO2 has the stereotypical look and grabbers are a KO2 ripoff in many ways (but I liked their letters and price better).

I also considered more highway leaning tires… Continental’s new all terrain gets great reviews in SUV community. Just behind it is cooper all terrains. I run continental on my mustang so I gave them an honest considering… but IMHO they didn’t look right on a bronco which is whole reason I’m taking off new tires! (My use is 95 percent on road… but still want the look and to go to off road parks when the bug bites. )

Sponsored

GoTigersGoBronco

Badlands
First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have the stock KO2’s on my Bronco. I’ve owned several brands of all terrain tires and this is probably my favorite. Good traction in weather, great mud clearing, good rock manners, and quiet.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

KO2s are a popular choice, but many buy them for the looks. They can wear uneven and be a pain to keep balanced. Or they can be great with no issues.
The Falkens are hit or miss depending on country of origin and actual rubber compound used.
Toyo's for me have been a consistent tire and that's what I went with, plus the size I wanted is made in the USA.

OP
OP
Linkster02

Linkster02

Black Diamond
First Name
Tamara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Keep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Tire rack has pretty great comparisons and “spider web charts” that compare every imaginable feature … Falken Wildpeak AT3W was the best balance for me. Bit pricier than KO2 and general grabbers that seem popular at their price point. But
Falkens are quieter and softer road ride which I valued. KO2 has the stereotypical look and grabbers are a KO2 ripoff in many ways (but I liked their letters and price better).

I also considered more highway leaning tires… Continental’s new all terrain gets great reviews in SUV community. Just behind it is cooper all terrains. I run continental on my mustang so I gave them an honest considering… but IMHO they didn’t look right on a bronco which is whole reason I’m taking off new tires! (My use is 95 percent on road… but still want the look and to go to off road parks when the bug bites. )
I just read about the new all terrain continentals those seem like a good choice for more road but wanting the “off road” look

Gotdesl

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ram 3500 Megacab 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I prefer the KO2's to most other AT tire. There is very little that they don't do very well. They have a great reputation and have earned every bit of it. Mud, rock, snow, asphalt... it handles it all well. There are better, more focused tires out there but they tend to give up in some other area that you have discussed interest. It's a very capable, well balanced tire that is at home off road or on. If you were local, I would be happy to put you behind the wheel in mine so that you would have first hand experience. Perhaps there is a mannequin or another owner that would be able to help you evaluate?

Sponsored

jcgcbns22

Outer Banks
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have a OBX and originally wanted to get new tires and wheels. But I think to start I for sure what tires, the wheels aren’t too bad for now.
I am going between the kO2s, falkens, and Toyo’s all terrain. This is all new to me… what has been a good tire for daily driving (road noise, mpg, etc) ? Or is there another that has been a fan favorite? Help a girl out 😃 or a shot in the dark on trading wheels or tires 😅
I went with the KO2’s in 275/70/R18 on original OBX wheels. Great tire and capable in the snow which I needed this week in Eastern Canada!

9D697979-2ED6-4D09-8033-0B9EBD7FABFF.jpeg

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

I chose the Toyo Open Country for my OBX. To me it gives the best of both worlds. Something great looking with a mix off-road and on pavement performance. Went with size 275/65R18.

Skipped the KO2 to avoid an E Rated tire. Some say they don’t mind it and some will tell you it rides way too harsh for a vehicle our size. I didn’t feel like underinflating to find out the tread wore uneven.

Falken was my final two but I opted against it because I couldn’t pick my country of origin for the tires. The typically make these in Buffalo or the Philippines but due to the pandemic started mixing in tires from their factory in China. Otherwise a great tire from what I read. It’s the standard tire on the gladiator but I’d bet my bottom Jeep is sourcing the US made tires.

Good luck with your choice! I’d strongly recommend ordering tires ASAP since many are on back order.

Koz44

Outer Banks
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I went with the Falken Wildpeaks on my OBX - 275/65/18 SL rated. I like the looks and I feel and hear no difference in the ride compared to the original tires. My local dealer gave me a good price so I used my FordPass points for them.

I have KO2s on my Wrangler that my son now drives and after ~30k miles they show virtually no wear but I wanted an option that was not E rated on the 275s.

Ford Bronco Tire recommendations 311C1E2B-DC8C-49BC-8B5B-D9C3B9C052A2

jbacchi70

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep GC, 1968 Plymouth Road Runner
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I went with the 275/70 KO2's. I like that they handle well, have no road noise, and look great. I do not like that they are an E-rated tire, which makes you feel every little bump.

IMG-7059.jpg

reigny

Outer Banks
First Name
Karen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ninja 650, 2003 Honda Shadow Ace
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs