First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan NV 4x4 van, 78 911, 08 Jeep Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
We have less then 200 miles on our new to us 21 Wildtrak/Sasquatch ,Orange, 4 dr. Already star in windshield (now repaired) and 2 rock chips on front of hood. We do live on 5 miles of dirt road so constant risk. I plan on light trail duty and weekend use.
Have running boards and mud flaps on order. Looked into partial PPF and plus ceramic coating at around $4k. I have always used my vehicles, maintained, and enjoyed them. $4k is a lot of money, curious of shared thoughts.
Sponsored

leonw411

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had Xcel windshield treatment, both front fenders and hood plus rocker panels on both sides. Basically, few inches of wrap up to the seam on the bottom of both doors. Around $2500 with tax. I live about a mile down a gravel road and had the wrap done within 2 weeks of getting mine. I also put front mud flaps on the third day I had it. When it was wrapped, there was already a 1mm size chip almost to metal in the hood according to gentleman that wrapped it.
I recommend the wrap. Unsure of the ceramic coating as have been told by multiple people, it does not protect the paint, that's what the wrap is for. However, I am no expert.

OP
OP
Jeffz95

Jeffz95

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You did full fender and hood ? I have option of 24” hood, fenders, mirrors at $1,400 or full hood doors at $2,000 if I add lower quarters could be approx add $400. Sounds like $ is right in ballpark. The ceramic was add of $1,800 which I am not all about anyway.
Thx for info.

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm planning on keeping my Bronco for 20+ years so I'll do a full PPF wrap on mine, I'm just trying to decide on matte or gloss PPF. The matte is around $6k and the glossy is about $4,200. IMO the ceramic coatings are easy to do at home especially on a new vehicle that doesn't need paint correction. Depending on your skill level and brand of ceramic/graphene coating, it should only take 2-6 hours on a new car to do the Ceramic coating at home.

We_Love_Tacos

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco First Edition 2Dr Lightning Blue
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

It’s worth it. I’m keeping this in the family and passing it down, so absolutely worth it. If you are going to sell in a few years maybe just do the minimum to protect the front.

Sponsored

mikec426

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 4dr Sqtch, 20 Triumph Tiger Rally, '04 Yam FZ1
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I got partial hood, partial fenders, rocker panels, headlights, and mirrors with Xpel for $800 installed.

Ryan Feilner

Wildtrak
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ceramic is for keeping the shine on the car and will not stop chipping or prevent rocks. PPF is an actual barrier and will greatly help! I have put PPF on the front of 4 vehicles and my last 2 vehicles I got Premier Shield PPF full wrap for about $1,400. Could have done Xpel for about 20% more. When I get my Bronco in 2023 :) this will be the first thing I'll do. I'm going to do Xpel stealth which is about 30% additional this time. Yes I know this is cheaper as I live in the Midwest and we don't have ADM's on plastic wrap around here :)

lethaljake

First Edition
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 RCSB 5.0
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
We have less then 200 miles on our new to us 21 Wildtrak/Sasquatch ,Orange, 4 dr. Already star in windshield (now repaired) and 2 rock chips on front of hood. We do live on 5 miles of dirt road so constant risk. I plan on light trail duty and weekend use.
Have running boards and mud flaps on order. Looked into partial PPF and plus ceramic coating at around $4k. I have always used my vehicles, maintained, and enjoyed them. $4k is a lot of money, curious of shared thoughts.
I agree that it's a big cost to incur at once. But, for me personally the peace of mind knowing that the paint is completely protected is totally worth it. Especially if you guys intend to use the Bronco for what it was built for! Just my two cents, but totally worth it!

Bronc OH

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
I live on a gravel drive also w/ Sas tires. mudflaps went on day 1. I had 2 nice size chips in my rockers even with flaps.

I went with PPF on the bottom 18" of my rockers, 12" on my lip of my hood and the area between the grill and the bumper. was around $550.

I doubled up and put the 'Trail armor' over the PPF on my bottom rockers. 1.) the quieter 'thud' isn't as aggravating as the rock on metal sound and 2.) I like the look of the blacked out pinch welds

I declined windshield film since it would only give me a year or 2 protection before it started developing wiper marks.

Last edited:

idobleedblue

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4-door Badlands Sasquatch Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm planning on keeping my Bronco for 20+ years so I'll do a full PPF wrap on mine, I'm just trying to decide on matte or gloss PPF. The matte is around $6k and the glossy is about $4,200. IMO the ceramic coatings are easy to do at home especially on a new vehicle that doesn't need paint correction. Depending on your skill level and brand of ceramic/graphene coating, it should only take 2-6 hours on a new car to do the Ceramic coating at home.
Was quoted $6,500 for matte. Negotiated down to $4k. Did the full wrap stealth/matte on mine. Got it back yesterday.

Ford Bronco To PPF or not ? 1650645800500

Ford Bronco To PPF or not ? 1650645815162

Was pleasantly surprised to see the grill, the white letters on the grill, and even that fraction of an inch below the doors and above the rock-rail all had PPF applied.

Sponsored

Primm907

Base
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche Macan S, Panamera Turbo S, Cayenne GTS
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I got partial hood, partial fenders, rocker panels, headlights, and mirrors with Xpel for $800 installed.
You mind sharing where and how happy you are with the results? Thanks in advance.

OP
OP
Jeffz95

Jeffz95

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Was quoted $6,500 for matte. Negotiated down to $4k. Did the full wrap stealth/matte on mine. Got it back yesterday.

Was pleasantly surprised to see the grill, the white letters on the grill, and even that fraction of an inch below the doors and above the rock-rail all had PPF applied.
Please share :) the Matte sounds cool especially with our Cyber Orange tone it down a bit.

SwampCactus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 Door Cactus Grey Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Someone else who also had Cactus wrapped in matte said it still has that "color change" look to it. Sometimes more blue, sometimes more grey. This one looks kinda more green in this photo. But does it still kinda change depending on lighting?

AZ_BRONC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘17 4Runner, ‘16 BMW 328i, ‘96 Stang GT, ‘19 Mini
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

By bid is $1950 inc tax for full hood, grill, headlamps, mirrors and rockers. 8mm Xpel.

idobleedblue

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4-door Badlands Sasquatch Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Someone else who also had Cactus wrapped in matte said it still has that "color change" look to it. Sometimes more blue, sometimes more grey. This one looks kinda more green in this photo. But does it still kinda change depending on lighting?
It does still change. More gray in sunny weather. More minty in overcast weather. I'm glad the matte didn't take that color-change aspect away... that's one of the things I liked most about the cactus gray. With the matte though there is just something about it that is "different". It's different enough to notice but not immediately apparent as to what it is. To me it is easier to pinpoint the color now because you don't have the glare and shine getting in the way.

And I don't know if others have noticed but with the factory finish... when driving into the sun... the glare off of it where it tilts up by the trail sites can sometimes be unbearable in the mornings. It redirects right to the driver's eyes. The stealth matte has nearly eliminated that problem.

I'm loving it.
Sponsored