jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 f150 fx4, 2016 jeep willys
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

most of the scheduled builds are in june and july, full production doesn't even start until august im thinking we will see a continued scheduling for the rest of the year, there is no way everyone who is still waiting is getting pushed off till 22
Sponsored

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Understand your point....but the more significant headwind for home-basing more manufacturing in the US is environmental regulations. The US has legislated & regulated our way to Shangri La, but the problem is it doesn't sustain life.
I agree. A lot of the positions at our business don't require a degree, they can be taught. I can't easily teach auto, heavy truck, trailer or body repair. It can be done but extends the training curve years over a person with just one year of auto tech school. Fewer people see this business as a noble, stable or long term career even though there's huge potential both in income and advancement. It all depends on drive and work ethic which has apparently fully face planted over the course of the last 10 years.

gizmohd

Badlands
First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport (Wife), Bronco Badlands (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone else notice B&P has changed this morning.... Few things removed it seems...

BadSquatch21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Rover and Porsches; '22 Mansquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm starting to think i should have 99'd mine. The thought of possibly getting a MY21 in Oct or Nov is rather deflating. Starting to lose interest and never thought that would be possible.
So happy I 99'd my 7/13 res last week. Watching this train crash is much more relaxing not worrying about when I'll get mine.

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Are you one of the ones that pay $15 a hour and require a bachelors degree? (Not being a dick). Seems like a lot of people offering $15 or less are having an extremely hard time finding people.
No sir.
Wages and cost of living vary greatly depending on your location.
In our area a welder generally makes between $15 and $30 an hour.
Big spread, but it is based on experience, skill, etc. I'm currently looking for entry level guys and paying them up to $17 (and having to train/help them refine/grow their skills), experienced welders can look to get somewhere between $18-22 to start with benefits. And that's good for our area.
Same with painters, forklift drivers, machine operators. Pay dependent upon experience/skill.
But the starting pay is several dollars per hour higher than it was just a year and a half ago.

I had a similar discussion with my 16 yr old daughter this week. She is working at Subway, makes $7.25 an hour, works maybe 16-20 hours a week. She was complaining about other places paying $10 or even $15 (in the retail/restaurant business). I told her "Then go work there or quit complaining about it."
She left a really good job making minimum wage plus tips, bringing down an average of $100 every evening she worked her 4 hour shift for Subway because "Her friends work there and it will be fun"
I've always raised my kids to not be the person that demands more than they earn or the job they choose pays, but also at the same time to not undermine their own value as an employee/person. If they feel a job isn't a good fit for any reason, then seek out one that is.
And as a manager I have a lot of "off the record" conversations with my people, trying to help them make the best decisions for their families.
And sometimes that best decision isn't staying with my company and that's ok.
At the end of the day I'm banking up good karma and helping others in this world the best I can, whether it benefits me or not is not part of the equation.
I invest respect, honor, and honesty in my people and if I could pay them all wages to where they didn't have to work until they were used up in life, I would.
Not all companies do that, and not all managers.
A lot pay as little as they can, give the worst benefits they can find because they are cheap, and treat people as a replaceable commodity.

Edit: @Monster1926 I didn't take it as a dick comment, either, by the way. I get it. Wages have not increased to match inflation.
I've been passed over in the past due to not having the required degree, only to work for a complete idiot who was a tool of a boss. So I get that side of it as well.
I lucked up and got where I am here through hard work, dedication, and earning it, showing them what I was capable of. And also working for a great company. Many in this position require a master's or at least a bachelor's.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
A lot of the positions at our business don't require a degree, they can be taught.
Contemplate this some day (when we're not worried about Bronco evaporating):

~150M jobs in the US...how many of them really, really, really require more than 2 weeks of OJT?

xcxv

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Uh oh F stock new record @ 15.25 premarket. It must be a positive news! Everyone gets a Bronco this year!

Brianstrange

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 EB , 67 Stang, 77 GMC Motorhome, A6 3.0T, W211
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The manufacturing plant I work at pays almost double that for CNC machinists and they can’t find anybody. They have over 20 openings. No Bachelors degree needed either. On top of not being able to find anybody, people are getting fired, quitting, or retiring from the plant. It’s a double edge sword.
There are two major components that need to change.
1) More Tech Schooling
2) More on the job career development.
It's a very difficult task to implement, but those two items alone can fill a giant hole.

PatientlyWaiting

Wildtrak
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY22 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

7 out of 17 at my dealer after today, so similar numbers (41% scheduled of allocated)
I picked the wrong dealer then. Allocation of 40 and he's only had 7 picked up. I'm #4 on the list with a 7/13 res. He said he's only had one picked up before me.

jdvz411

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
According to their projected numbers for production and the fact I haven't seen any production dates past July I hope all the email will say is that we are not getting a production date yet and they will continue with the weekly Thursday email. But, some builds may be pushed to MY22.

Sponsored

Nobs

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 GMC Envoy
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm an aspiring optimist, but the Friday before a holiday weekend is a classic bad news target spot for public companies. 2pm too? Right when the market closes today... :oops: That said, they did promise communication by end of May, so we got that going for us.

Edit: only bond market closes at 2. If it was terrible news, they'd likely wait until 4:30pm EST

Last edited:

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Then they probably require years of experience. They’re gonna have to train someone. Offer a lower wage to start then increase it as they gain experience. It’s either subpar pay or years of experience the companies require.
Vincennes University has a 2 year machine trades program and can't keep up. One of my room mates went through it in '97 and making excellent $$ right now.

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Specifically, what happens to existing scheduled orders,
This is exactly what I'm curious about. I think people that have VINs think they are safe from bad news today but that might not be the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.