Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Nissan Frontier SV 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey Everyone,

Hope you are all having a happy Wednesday. I just wanted to vent/speak my thoughts. Today kinda sucks. I was lucky enough to get a VIN very quickly without a reservation in December 2021. It was a mixed feeling because I wanted the delivery to happen near the end of 2022 to plan financially. I got the wife on board with an earlier delivery, and start to let myself get excited.

For the last few weeks I have been watching the stock market go to $hit (thanks Russia), which is where my funds for the vehicle were sitting. Now today the market keeps dropping, and my order status switched to in production. yay... Ford also announced no new orders after March 7th. It is looking bleak that this Bronco is going to happen (as in I might need to walk away) and I will have to either reorder before the 7th, or put in a second order to cancel whichever one I can't get.

I understand most of you probably don't care, or think I am whining. This is certainly a first world problem. It just sucks to let myself get so excited only to reach this point. I could technically still buy the car. I have the money to do so. But, I had set specific minimums of where I need to be financially to buy myself a new car, and that ain't happening now. Plus, originally the wife was supposed to get the next car (the more important family car).

On the bright side the new Fox suspension makes the idea of reordering easier.

Thanks for listening.
Sponsored

Last edited:

mattymik

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Odyssey, 2023 WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hey Everyone,

Hope you are all having a happy Wednesday. I just wanted to vent/speak my thoughts. Today kinda sucks. I was lucky enough to get a VIN very quickly without a reservation in December 2021. It was a mixed feeling because I wanted the delivery to happen near the end of 2022 to plan financially. I got the wife on board with an earlier delivery, and start to let myself get excited.

For the last few weeks I have been watching the stock market go to $hit (thanks Russia), which is where my funds for the vehicle were sitting. Now today the market keeps dropping, and my order status switched to in production. yay... Ford also announced no new orders after March 7th. It is looking bleak that this Bronco is going to happen and I will have to either reorder before the 7th, or put in a second order to cancel whichever one I can't get.

I understand most of you probably don't care, or think I am whining. This is certainly a first world problem. It just sucks to let myself get so excited only to reach this point. I could technically still buy the car. I have the money to do so. But, I had set specific minimums of where I need to be financially to buy myself a new car, and that ain't happening now. Plus, originally the wife was supposed to get the next car (the more important family car).

On the bright side the new Fox suspension makes the idea of reordering easier.

Thanks for listening.
Sucks man. I’m sorry to hear it.

So I understand better: were you guys getting a Bronco instead of the family car you’d planned?

Or was the market windfall enough that you’d have gotten both?

akturbo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, 3500HD Chevy, Rav4Prime, Turbo Skidoo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Everyone has taken a bath lately. Get a low APR 72mo loan and pay it off early when you have the funds (I'd keep in the market and make more than the 3% the loan costs next few years).

TX-Hans

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Escalade, '13 Jeep Wrangler, '21 Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I'm not sure I would fret so much. Think longer term. The market will rebound in short time (never make decisions on the short-term market), and money (debt) is still cheap. If you need to, use some debt until the market rebounds.

stuckinohio

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Badlands, MT High 2 Dr, V6 Outer Banks, Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you're saying, but If you got a VIN/are in production, you'll get produced.
For the last few weeks I have been watching the stock market go to $hit (thanks Russia), which is where my funds for the vehicle were sitting. Now today the market keeps dropping, and my order status switched to in production. yay... Ford also announced no new orders after March 7th. It is looking bleak that this Bronco is going to happen and I will have to either reorder before the 7th, or put in a second order to cancel whichever one I can't get.

Sponsored

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

There's been lots of unexpected changes over the past few years for everyone. If you want to offset your stock losses then get the Bronco and promptly slap a 20k markup and list it for sale. If not then keep it and wish for simpler times.

OP
OP
Scape Goat

Scape Goat

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sucks man. I’m sorry to hear it.

So I understand better: were you guys getting a Bronco instead of the family car you’d planned?

Or was the market windfall enough that you’d have gotten both?
No, we are getting both. We were originally going to get the family car first, but the Bronco order came way faster. I didn't realize a soft top made that much difference.

Reactions: DEC

Laurensimms7

Outer Banks
First Name
Lauren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Fusion Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you're saying, but If you got a VIN/are in production, you'll get produced.
So if you dont have a vin by March 7th you may not be produced? I was under the impression that if you had your order in before then, you were good. At least thats how the dealer made it out to be. I placed my order yesterday lol

OP
OP
Scape Goat

Scape Goat

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There's been lots of unexpected changes over the past few years for everyone. If you want to offset your stock losses then get the Bronco and promptly slap a 20k markup and list it for sale. If not then keep it and wish for simpler times.
I wish it was that simple. I don't like to publicly talk specific financials. Doesn't feel proper. But, 20k would come close to offsetting.

OP
OP
Scape Goat

Scape Goat

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Basically what I am saying is that it is being produced at the worst possible time financially.

Sponsored

stuckinohio

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Badlands, MT High 2 Dr, V6 Outer Banks, Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So if you dont have a vin by March 7th you may not be produced? I was under the impression that if you had your order in before then, you were good. At least thats how the dealer made it out to be. I placed my order yesterday lol
No, as I understand it, as long as you have an order placed before March 7th, you'll have a "chance" at getting built in 2022.

OP
OP
Scape Goat

Scape Goat

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I only mention the march 7th deadline if I need to reorder due to not having the finances. Because the market is down. Basically a way to extend my delivery (by ordering a news vehicle and walking away from this one).

Tilzbow

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GM Sierra Diesel Pick Up
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If I was the OP, I’d ask the mods to delete this thread before those who reserved during the first few weeks and are still waiting to be scheduled see it and go off their rockers but that’s just me….

Laurensimms7

Outer Banks
First Name
Lauren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Fusion Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
No, as I understand it, as long as you have an order placed before March 7th, you'll have a "chance" at getting built in 2022.
Im a newbie so forgive me, but it will eventually be built even if its not in 2022 correct? Some comments in threads make it seem like theres a chance their order may not be built at all…
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.