Threads
Reaction score
Website
discountti.re
Vehicle(s)
All Things FORD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Mickey Thompson’s Baja family of tires isn’t just for off-road enthusiasts, it’s by enthusiasts. Just like their namesake, Mickey Thompson himself, these tires are all about defying expectations. Inspired by the legendary Baja 1000, an extreme and prestigious off-road motorsports competition, Mickey Thompson tires are engineered to conquer the gnarliest terrain.

Ready to ditch the pavement? Discount Tire has your Mickey Thompson Baja tires waiting! Check out our 2024 buyers guild linked below to find your perfect match!

Sponsored

Hossamus Prime

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
21 BadSquatch,‘21 ExplorerST , RIP 84 & 90 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ran the Baja Legend EXPs, now the MTZs. Been happy with both.

Ford Bronco Top 4 Mickey Thompson Baja Tires IMG_1651
Ford Bronco Top 4 Mickey Thompson Baja Tires 729DFBE1-0766-452E-B43F-E352EA7DD935

Sponsored

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It does not help my decision any that the Cooper SST Pro's are also sporting a $100 rebate until the end of April.
That brings the price of the 37 SST down to be virtually the same as a Milestar Patagonia in a 38.
And now I feel like I am back trying to decide what color Bronco I want to order all over again!

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Man the baja boss A/T seems like it would be the perfect choice for me when it's time to ditch the factory bridgestones. I absolutely loved my mickey thompson drag radials in my Mustang days lol. If only the meat head in me didn't just love the look of the Ridge Grappler so much haha.

@Discount Tire any thoughts on Ridge Grappler Vs Recon Grappler Vs Baja Boss A/T? My use is mainly commuting with a few off road trips each year, dirt, mud, sand and occasional chicago snow storms

Chritaka

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 WildTrak; '06 Whippl'd Mustang (sold4upgrades)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Man the baja boss A/T seems like it would be the perfect choice for me when it's time to ditch the factory bridgestones. I absolutely loved my mickey thompson drag radials in my Mustang days lol. If only the meat head in me didn't just love the look of the Ridge Grappler so much haha.

@Discount Tire any thoughts on Ridge Grappler Vs Recon Grappler Vs Baja Boss A/T? My use is mainly commuting with a few off road trips each year, dirt, mud, sand and occasional chicago snow storms
I've got about 7k miles on my Baja Boss AT 37's and love them. Great in the rain, far better than BFG KO2's and slightly better than Toyo AT3's. They're no louder than the factory GY Territories, yet have handled everything I've thrown at them...just as good in the mud as any MT I've had. They're just HEAVY!

Last edited:

NCLife

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

I've had Ridge Grapplers on 2 Jeeps and the Ram I'm driving. I wouldn't buy them again TBH. I didn't buy two of the sets, they came on one Jeep and the Ram. They handle well and look great but they are LOUD. Especially after they wear. Just my 2 cents.

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ended up ordering the Patagonias in 38-13.50.
Most online reviews put them at or even above the SST Pro. Figured I’d give them a fair shot.
@Discount Tire got me with the rebate post and I bait-n-switched my own self in the end.
Good job, DT.😂

Sponsored

HPNQ420

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco, '19 GTI, '88 R100GS, HPN BMW G/S
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Mickey Thompson’s Baja family of tires isn’t just for off-road enthusiasts, it’s by enthusiasts. Just like their namesake, Mickey Thompson himself, these tires are all about defying expectations. Inspired by the legendary Baja 1000, an extreme and prestigious off-road motorsports competition, Mickey Thompson tires are engineered to conquer the gnarliest terrain.
Got these in 285/70 17 from your Waukesha, WI store. Went with SL based on MT's recommendation for 4-5 trail rides per year (go SL, save gas, get better acceleration, but carry a spare and buy tire certificates). They are great. Saving my 265/70-17's as they are great winter tires and have at least one winter left. Then it will be snow tires for the winter.
Ford Bronco Top 4 Mickey Thompson Baja Tires IMG_1953

OP
OP
Discount Tire

Discount Tire

Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
discountti.re
Vehicle(s)
All Things FORD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Got these in 285/70 17 from your Waukesha, WI store. Went with SL based on MT's recommendation for 4-5 trail rides per year (go SL, save gas, get better acceleration, but carry a spare and buy tire certificates). They are great. Saving my 265/70-17's as they are great winter tires and have at least one winter left. Then it will be snow tires for the winter.
Ford Bronco Top 4 Mickey Thompson Baja Tires IMG_1953
Thank you for your support! We appreciate the opportunity to earn your business. Happy to hear that the tires are performing to your expectations.

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Running Legend EXPs right now - very happy with them overall, but they are a bit squirrely in 2WD in Snow. In 4WD it's the most stable thing I've ever driven though. Very polite on road, good traction, they love to sling mud but don't sling gravel. I'm just over 20k miles and the tread still looks brand new - haven't even worn to the first graduated indicator yet.

Would strongly consider another set of these when I need another set, although I'm also considering the Baja Boss A/T's or Wildpeak A/T4's for the 3PMSF rating (maybe get a bit less squirrely in 2WD on snow)

Ford Bronco Top 4 Mickey Thompson Baja Tires wheels

fitterhappier

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Baja Boss ATs for me - running 265/70/17s in XL load rating. They’ve handled everything I’ve thrown at them, including a spirited run down Black Gap road at Big Bend. Great handling, solid in wet conditions, a tad noisy but to be expected with this type of tread. Nowhere near as noisy as MTs though, and very manageable. Plus - they look MEAN.

Got them at Discount Tire in Round Rock TX. Awesome service every time and the free 5-tire rotation is amazing!

Ford Bronco Top 4 Mickey Thompson Baja Tires IMG_0327
Sponsored