Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What a fun, if very polished, video!

That's a really tiny red R on that F150, unfortunately. I thought they were going to make the R in FORD red, which would be obnoxiously cool, but this is cheaping out.

The Braptor is what it is and I would choose the F150 Raptor for that money all day long. I still don't see what it brings to the table not covered by the F150. I would deal with the Tupperware on a two-door Braptor, even the longer moar-door wheelbase, without the Jeep-ish roof crossbrace--that would be unique. The F150 Raptor and R seem to do a better job with everything especially loading up for long camping(and rarely, actual overlanding).

I will keep dreaming of a two-door, because that's part of what makes it a Bronco, but the money is in the bourgeoisie and they generally have kids. Porsche was saved by the Cayenne, but... it's not a Porsche in the purest sense no matter how well it tests.

Why don't we just call all vehicles Mustang or something? The F150 Bronco Raptor Mach 1 Shelby Saleen Enzo EV!

I love my Bronco because it is a two-door, manual transmission, etc. I, fortunately, don't need a four-door. If I did, the F150 Raptor would be the choice over the Braptor.

Don't we have someone on here who owns both? I'd like to see the real world use case difference... or practical usage preference.

*I wouldn't put all F150s over non-Braptor four-doors, I get peoples reasons for that.

Teghogh

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

That's a really tiny red R on that F150, unfortunately. I thought they were going to make the R in FORD red, which would be obnoxiously cool, but this is cheaping out.

The Braptor is what it is and I would choose the F150 Raptor for that money all day long. I still don't see what it brings to the table not covered by the F150. I would deal with the Tupperware on a two-door Braptor, even the longer moar-door wheelbase, without the Jeep-ish roof crossbrace--that would be unique. The F150 Raptor and R seem to do a better job with everything especially loading up for long camping(and rarely, actual overlanding).

I will keep dreaming of a two-door, because that's part of what makes it a Bronco, but the money is in the bourgeoisie and they generally have kids. Porsche was saved by the Cayenne, but... it's not a Porsche in the purest sense no matter how well it tests.

Why don't we just call all vehicles Mustang or something? The F150 Bronco Raptor Mach 1 Shelby Saleen Enzo EV!

I love my Bronco because it is a two-door, manual transmission, etc. I, fortunately, don't need a four-door. If I did, the F150 Raptor would be the choice over the Braptor.

Don't we have someone on here who owns both? I'd like to see the real world use case difference... or practical usage preference.

*I wouldn't put all F150s over non-Braptor four-doors, I get peoples reasons for that.
Having had gen2, gen3 f150 raptor , Trx and having driven the Braptor for the last month I agree with your assessment. All the aforementioned trucks are mid 70k price range and much more practical. Similar gas mileage ( minus the trx Ofcourse) and much better ride. Braptor, while unique, has no business costing more than the bigger brother version and double the badlands variant. I’ll take an avalanche f150 raptor for 75k msrp ( and now 5k discount ) even if Braptor was offered at the same price.

IMG_3313.jpeg

IMG_3068.jpeg

IMG_3066.jpeg

IMG_3070.jpeg

Last edited:

Sponsored

nolimits

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Explorer ST | 23 Challenger SP 1320
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Having had gen2, gen3 f150 raptor , Trx and having driven the Braptor for the last month I agree with your assessment. All the aforementioned trucks are mid 70k price range and much more practical. Similar gas mileage ( minus the trx Ofcourse) and much better ride. Braptor, while unique, has no business costing more than the bigger brother version and double the badlands variant. I’ll take an avalanche f150 raptor for 75k msrp ( and now 5k discount ) even if Braptor was offered at the same price.

Ford Bronco Top Gear gives the Bronco Raptor a Go! IMG_3070

I’ve also struggled to find the value in a Braptor, which is the primary reason I ended up with a Badlands.

That said a $75k Raptor is base level with the 3.5 eco boost. Add options and mainly the supercharged 5.2 V8 and you are in $100k+ territory. I think the base TRX is $88k with the supercharged 6.2 V8 and base trim. Of course Stellantis/Dodge/Ram/Jeep is slashing prices so assuming the TRX isn’t blacklisted, there may be some deals to be had.

While the 3.5 Raptor truck would be a better comparison, for the same money I’d rather have either supercharged V8 variant. And probably the TRX. The 6.2 is a bad mamba jamba.

SHANUT

Badlands
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don’t have the raptor version of either, but I have a two door bronco, and we have several four-door F150‘s in the family. To me a Bronco is a toy and that’s how we use it. For any real family activity, travel, or hauling we use the F150s.

SHANUT

Badlands
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just watched the video, and somehow they managed to ruin the sound of a V-8. When it pulled up next to the bronco, I thought it was the TwinTurbo V6 it sounded so bad. I guess I’m used to my big block 460 and my 2018 Mustang GT so I’m spoiled.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

IMO once you start trying to use a F150 raptor as a real truck, its not the right truck.

Sponsored

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 Carrera S / 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
The Braptor has significantly better approach, departure and break over angles than the F150 Raptor/37/R which is essential for crawling.

You can't beat the F150s storage though that's for sure.

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 Carrera S / 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

Midnight_Blue

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Name it whatever, I just want a two door Bronco with a V8. I don’t need the DR business or even 37s. Nothing crazy, Ford, just a two door Bronco V8.

Rhinomanj

Raptor
First Name
Me
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Am I the only person that found watching this pretty much a waste of time ... Less than mildly entertaining? I am/was a big top gear fan but listening to them compare a Raptor 150 and a BRaptor is like comparing a Supreme Pizza to Wagyu steak... Both are food but they are two things someone would almost never consider choosing against each other for the same meal. They bash the BRaptor on comparison which made no sense. They should have had a Rubicon, Defender, and / or other vehicle in its class in which the comparison criteria would have made sense or had value. What they did was equivalent to saying my Wagyu steak was charred better than my pizza! I get that they had fun and I would love to run my BRaptor out there but it was poor automotive journalism. My opinion.

Canyon Coolers

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
canyoncoolers.com
Vehicle(s)
73 Bronco, Dodge 2500, Sprinter Van
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I cant give you definitive first hand stuff from an owners perspective, but when I participated in the EXO BAja Bronco tour the Braptors were magical. On the practical side of things the 2 door Broncos and the Raptor versions needed way more fuel support, they probably had close to 30% less range then 4 doors. One Braptor lost half a fender going through a cattleguard, so wide as hell.

On a more more personal note I owned a 2 door 73 for 20 years, happy to go to a 4 door and would not go back. I would also guess its a little more stable at speed then the 2 door.

In the real world without radios and spotters a mortal (normal) Bronco could keep pace with a Braptor on most roads simply because you cant see to go faster. Not to take away from the giant huevos the BRaptor drags around. All ego aside I think normal Broncos are easier to daily drive, but who doesn't want to be a bit of a badass with the Raptor version.
Sponsored